Status: Complete: Read the Final Chapter in the "Forest" Series!

Be Sure to Wear a Disguise

005 : Agreement

"Hey, Rin, I'm tired of waking you up at the start of anything new."

I blink a couple times and rub the sleep from my eyes. The scenery outside my window consist of. . . a brick wall.

"What's new?" I turn my question eyes to Caan, "Oh. That."

Outside his window is the great expanse of the college campus. It's a photogenic courtyard bustling with new arrival. Who we will soon be joining.

I look around as we get out of the car. The wall I'd woken to is for the building that is Dorm C. It was red brick, but very beautiful, with black cast iron staircases leading to the different floors.

"Wow." I manage to breath the word out as Caan and I drift into the current that's moving towards the offices.

Caan takes my hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze. I, surprisingly, feel reassured. The surprise makes me smile up at him. Even after he let's go of my hand, the smile still plays over my lips.

We split up and I go to find my counselor. Since it's a tinny tiny little collage, I am walked to through the meet-and-greet process swiftly.

After about fifteen pounding minutes of informational hammering, I meet up with Caan at the car. He looks as dazed as I feel.

"I'm so glad we have an apartment. I am so glad we didn't have to bring the moving truck here." Caan says as he drive my car around the fourth moving van that's in the Dorm parking lot.

"Me. Too." I reply as we finally get to the road. Then, after a pause, I sheepishly add, "I'm glad your my roommate."

Caan laughs and looks at me, "Yes. At least with me, you know you're rooming with a phyco, instead of having to guess."

"Yep. I like to know what kinda phyco I'm workin' with." I smirk, joining in on the joke.

Image

"I'm awake!" I proclaim as we pull up beside out moving truck. It's only a ten minute walk from ten campus.

"Right." Caan says; i can hear his eyes roll as I get out of the car.

We climb the stairs to our second floor, three bedroom, took us months to find, apartment. I open the door, which just so happened to be painted a vibrant blue, and gaze upon the wonder that is my new, semi-furnished home.

"I wonder, " Caan starts as he walks past me in the narrow doorway, how they got this sofa in through that tiny door..."

"I don't know, but I'm glad they did." With that, I gingerly settle myself on said sofa." I'm also glad they left it here, too."

Caan nods in agreement before wandering into the kitchen space, which is. . . five steps away. Well, basically, our apartment has the great room-dining, kitchen, and living room- then a hall that leads to the three rooms. Two of the bedrooms share a full bath and the other room has it's own.

"Do you think we should start looking for another roommate. . . now?" I hear Caan ask. "That way we don't have to move things around too much."

When we had found the apartment, we'd decided that if the roommate was a girl, I would share the bathroom. Caan would, naturally, share with a guy.

"Mhmm." I sigh, my eyes heavy, even though it's in the afternoon, "We'll bring in the boxes and then go look around."

". . . Feed me. Then I'll move boxes."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Short, but the next one is really long. And answers a few questions.

~LOVE AMBER~
XD

p.s.
Comments are blue. I love blue.