Status: Complete: Read the Final Chapter in the "Forest" Series!

Be Sure to Wear a Disguise

006 : Memories

Image

He had left her. Yes. He'd been on the run since then. Yes. He couldn't go back though. They were after him. How could he put her in danger. If he kept away, at least that would solve a few things.

But what if. . .

No. They wouldn't go after an old scent. They wouldn't track her from his house to hers. They didn't even know where his house was, much less than finding hers.

However, he couldn't keep his mind away from those dark thoughts. The ones he was running from had been looking for him almost ten years. Even sinking into Human society hadn't kept him safe.

The Pack would find him.

They always found fugitives. He had even seen with his own eyes the efficiency of the process. He had to go back. He had to cover his tracks and erase hers.

NO!

That would lead them right to her. Right to her family. Right to the place he was trying to protect. And he couldn't put up a last stand. Not against the numbers that they would come with. He knew they would come with an Army. An Army of Killers, sent to destroy him and all he cared for.

He had to think of something else. Someone else to protect her. Someone who could stand up to his kind, but someone who wasn't of his nature.

Damn.

He thought of that stranger. He knew it was her only hope of survival if They came for her. That stranger could at least take her to safety. Fly her above the claws and fangs should They ever try to latch onto her.

Damn.

He didn't want to go back. He really didn't want to ask that stranger to go anywhere near her. But, honestly, what choice did he have? Sit around with false hopes about how she would stay safe? No.

He wouldn't return to her. But He would send something to her, something for her sentimental Human heart to hold onto. . . Memories. He would give her memories.


Image

I can't believe this. Here he is, at my door, asking me to find Katherine. To protect her from some threat. How can I do that?

I promised to stay a memory to her. Now I'm being ask to go watch over her. This really is serious then. If it's enough for him to to come to me for help and enough for me to break a promise. I guess I'll have to go it.

For him. For his undying love for her.

My conditions of return are fulfilled, but I'll stay till she's safe. I'll put my time and skill to protecting her, to being her guardian. Perhaps she won't be too mad about seeing me again.
... ... ...
Perhaps pigs will fly.


Image


At last. His time had come.

The Army had found him.

He'd ran from that stranger's place. Leaving the Memories with him.

The pain of bloodshed drains him.

The world around grows dim.

Faintly, he hears them.

They will find her.

But...She is safe.

He made sure.

It all fades
to black.

So. This is death.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

V_v yeah. Troy isn't . . . man, I feel like a murderer.

~Don't Hate AMBER~
XD

p.s.
Comments are the sky. I am a bird. Help me fly.

p.p.s.
Guitar is goin' really well. I still haven't found a teacher yet, so it's just me and Agony{my guitar's name. what do you think?}