Questioning Worth

Questioning Worth

Sometimes when it’s just about dawn and he’s just getting off work, when he’s tired and irritable and generally feeling like shit, Jimmy wonders if it’s all worth it.

After hours spent serving demanding drunks and listening to the woes of brokenhearted women, Jimmy thinks he’d welcome a nice nine to five job, no matter how boring. He thinks of his father’s long ago job offer and wonders what his life would be like had he accepted it.

When its pouring down rain and Jimmy’s walking home because his car broke down again, when the bitter cold is seeping through his thin clothes and he doesn’t even have a hot shower to look forward to because the only crappy ass apartment he can afford doesn’t have a working hot water heater, he starts thinking about the Jaguar he left sitting in the garage and the mansion-like house that had been promised to him.

But it’s when he’s letting himself into the run down apartment, his eyes falling upon the sad looking mattress on the floor that serves as his bed that he stops wondering. He knows.

It didn’t matter how much money he had, what fancy car he drove, or how big his house was. He’d give it up in a heart beat all over again for the beautiful man sprawled across the sheets, face lax in sleep and soft snores escaping his perfect mouth.

With a smile, Jimmy peels away his wet clothes and lets them drop to the floor. He slips into the surprisingly warm bed and presses himself to his lover’s naked body, nuzzling his neck and kissing the tattoo there.

The man turned in his arms, eyes blinking open sleepily. A smile spread across his face. “Hey… You’re home.” He mumbles around a yawn.

Jimmy smiles back and nods, stroking a finger down the other’s cheek. “Yah.”

“Mmmm… Sleep with me?”

Jimmy chuckles and nods again, settling down and sighing contently when a face nuzzles his bare chest.

“Love you, Jimmy.” Comes the slurred words of a man already half asleep.

Jimmy just smiles a little wider and kisses the top of his beloved’s head. “Love you, too, Johnny.”

Yeah… It was all worth it.

The End

A/N: Yeah... So short and fluffy... Everything a drabble ought to be.

Sadly, I'm going to be MIA for a while, so to anyone looking forward to updates from me, I'm sorry for the upcoming lack of them. :( I don't want to move, but am being forced into it. I promise updates as soon as I get internet again.