You Don't Know What It's Like To Be Like Me

Chapter 20

“Robyn? Robyn wake up.” was I dreaming? I remembered what happened in the last couple of minutes of my vampire life. I found out that Mr. Desrosiers was my real father; David and Emily are my brother and sister, Mr. Desrosiers killed Emily and now me, Pierre and David are now human.

“Robyn?” This voice in my head wouldn’t go away! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!! “David there’s something wrong, she’s not waking up.”

“She’ll be fine P. She’ll wake up soon.” was that David? He’s still here!

“What if she doesn’t D? I can’t live without her. You know that…”

“You think you’re having a bad time!? How do you think I feel? My dad has just killed my sister and I might lose another one!” Can they just shut up? Please? This isn’t helping. I have a massive headache and it’s killing.

“She’s moving.”

“I know that Pierre, I can see her you know.”

I opened my eyes and found two males crowding round me. They were both unfamiliar but their voices were familiar in a weird way.

“Pierre? Is that you?” I asked looking at the boy who was closest to me.

He smiled at me, “Yeah baby, it’s me.” I smiled back at him, “I forgot how beautiful your eyes were.” he started to laugh

I started to cough, “I need my glasses.” he started to laugh with me, “Your eyes are light brown. I’ve never noticed that.”

“That’s because you’ve never seen Pierre as a human Robyn.” David laughed at the both of us.

“Your eyes are hazel. Wow.”

“Damn! It’s a shame I can’t say anything about you.”

I sighed, “Never mind then David, you’ll have to find another thing about me that you’ve never seen before.” I started to laugh and then I realized something that made me stop, “Where’s Emily?” I asked David.

He didn’t say anything to me; he just looked at the corner where Seb, Hayden, Jeff, Becky and Chuck were all stood around a body.

“He killed her Robyn. He killed her and there was nothing anybody could do about it.” he said as he slammed his fist into the floor.

I looked at Pierre and saw he was crying. He killed…Emily! No, I was having a dream. I had to be.

“Is she awake?” I heard Seb ask David. He nodded. I heard footsteps, “Robyn?”

“Seb?” my voice was cracking.

“It’s okay, I’m here Robyn.” he said as he wrapped his arms around me as I stood up. I smiled at him as Pierre helped me.

Hayden lifted her head up and came to help Seb pick me up with Pierre. She smiled at me. “I thought you weren’t gonna wake up.” I glared at her, “No listen I didn’t mean it like that. I’m happy you’re alive. I know what it’d do to Seb if you died.” I looked at Seb and saw that he had tears in his eyes.

I kissed him on his cheek. “Nothing will happen to me Seb.” I smiled at him, “It’s not like anything will happen to me, is it?”

He smiled back at me, “I wouldn’t let anything happen to you Robyn and you know that and nothing would harm you guys anyway… not with Hayden and Becky here anyway.” I smiled and went over to Becky and Chuck who were still stood next to Emily’s lifeless body.

I wrapped my arms around Becky as she loosely did the same. “Thank you,” I whispered in her ear.

“Don’t mention it.” She smiled.

I held Pierre’s hand and walked back to the flat and we both looked forward to our new future.

The End