Devastation

11. Coma's

“Don’t forget we have band practice today, at Billie’s” Mike said
“Yeah ok I’ll take her with me to his house when it starts” Tre replied
“Be careful Absent” Mike whispered in my ear I just nodded

I had no idea what Mike meant so I just ignored it. After that me and Tre got his car and went his house. His house was cool. When we got there we got straight into practice for about half an hour, when I had finished practicing Tre spoke up.
“You’re quite a drummer”
“Thanks”

Then Tre just took over and played a couple of beats. After a while I got bored and just sat there thinking. Just thinking, I wasn’t moving; it didn’t even look like I was breathing. After a while Tre noticed this and tried getting me to snap out of it. When I finished thinking I snapped out of it and Tre was running around making loud noises and waving things in front of my face. Just then a younger boy walked in.
“Dad what are you doing?” the little kid asked
“Trying to wake her up” Tre replied
“Is she sleeping?” he asked again
“Um yeah that’s it, she’s sleeping” Tre answered

The little kid just came up to me and shook me gently. And I pretend to snap out of it. Tre just stood there amazed, it was funny.

“Hello” I said
“Hi” the little kid replied shyly
“What’s your name?”
“I’m Frankito”
“Cool I’m Absent” I said and stuck out my hand to shake it and he shook it politely
“Here this is for helping me out” I said as I grabbed the red Thomas the tank engine toy from my bag.
“Thanks” he replied

Frankito then turned to Tre.
“Dad can I have some lunch I’m hungry”
“Didn’t you ask mummy?”
“No she went out”
“Ok, let’s go to the kitchen and I’ll make you a sandwich”
“Ok” Frankito replied

So we all walked to the kitchen and he made Frankito a sandwich and he sat at the table eating it.
“Would you like a sandwich?” Tre asked me sweetly
“No thank you” I replied in the nicest way I could
“Well you got to have something for lunch, what would you like?” Tre pressed not taking no for an answer
“Can I have a piece of bread then please?” I asked sarcastically
“Anything on it” Tre laughed
“No thanks” I said again giving up and just trying to be nice.
“You’re a weird kid” Said Tre as he got out the bread.
“Fine I’ll have some mayonnaise on it then please”
“That’s a bit better”
“Either that or I won’t eat” I said wanting to act all stubborn
“I’m getting your bread” Tre said smirking.

So like I said I had a piece of bread with some mayo on it. After lunch Tre told us that we were going to Billie’s soon, he told Frankito to go get ready so Frankito ran up the staircase to his room to get ready for when we were going out.

“So what were you doing just sitting there, it looked like you weren’t breathing” Tre mentioned
“I was thinking”
“About what?” Tre asked wanting desperately to know
“Stuff” I replied telling myself that I was not to let out anything unless I absolutely had to.
“So why weren’t you listening to me” Tre asked STILL trying to get me to give in.
“I don’t listen to the world around me it’s like my body is there but my spirit is wandering through my thoughts, and feeling’s, it’s weird”
“Ok how did I get you out of it then, because that might help in the future”
“Well that time I did it myself but apparently you wait ‘til I snap out of it myself” I quoted wanting to wind Tre up a bit.
“How long do they usually last?”
“Completely unpredictable” I laughed
“Ok just never do that thing to Mike because he’ll completely freak out, I mean he freaks out easy” Tre warned
“I’ll try not to; just as long as I’m occupied then my mind won’t wonder” I said seriously.
“Good”

Just then Frankito came down the stairs and we got in Tre’s car and went to Billie’s house. When we arrived we walked straight in without having to knock. When we walked in Addie noticed us from somewhere.
“Oh hey Tre, hey Frankito, hey…” after that she paused realizing I haven’t told her my name yet so I filled it in for her.
“Absent Brain”
“Oh, well hi! Absent make yourself at home I’ll tell you now that you will defiantly be over here a lot” Addie smiled trying to get me comfortable enough

We all walked into the lounge room, Where Mike and Addie had been sitting and talking before we arrived.
“Hey Frankie! Jakob is around somewhere you can go find him if you want, Absent if you want to you can go play with them, Joey is out somewhere, Billie’s just dropping him off now, Billie will be back soon” said Addie sweetly.
Frankito just took off in search of Jakob eager to find his play friend for the afternoon
“Ok I’ll go see what they’re doing” I said taking off after Frankito, I chased after him until he found Jakob. When he did he stopped running and just sat down on the floor near Jakob. After a moment they both just started playing with the action figures like all kids do. I sat down with them completely bored!
I then thought to myself ‘It would be pretty cool to go into the whole ‘own world’ thing just to see how everyone acted’ after a few second’s of thought I decided against it. Who knows I could always do it when everyone really need’s my attention!