Devastation

2. People do care... wow i'm suprised

I still wanted to be alone and I still felt upset so I decided I would go for a walk I left a note saying that I had gone for a walk (even though I wasn’t aloud to leave the hospital I did anyway cause I can, what are they going to do chuck me out?), I took my mp3 and put on some proper clothes instead of the disgusting hospital clothes and walked out the door. And what do you know hundreds of television cameras right out the front. One came up to me.

“Hey what’s wrong you look upset?” The reporter said shoving the microphone into my face
“Well no shit you would be too if your whole family just got blown up with that stupid bomb by some stupid idiot” I replied to the obvious dumb ass in front of me
“Oh my God you poor thing, would you mind saying a few words into the camera for me”
“Sure why not” I thought out loud it was a good idea of how to get some of my anger out
“Ok just look at that camera and say what you want”

-To the camera-
“I hope you’re happy, you fucking basted, you killed my fucking family, because of you I am alone, I got no where to go, you better fucking watch out, ‘cause I’m coming to fucking get you! Watch out! I’m coming to get you!” I said with tears in my eyes.
-Away from the camera-

“Thanks hunny I hope that everything works out for you”
“No problem thanks” I replied to the guy just before I started walking again until other television crews started walking slowly over towards me so I quickly ran inside the hospital again so they couldn’t get me because they weren’t allowed inside.

So I went back to my room because there was nothing really else to do, besides getting harassed by a bunch of television reporters that’s just something that I don’t want to have to worry about today or tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I just sat there and listened to my mp3 and closed my eyes wishing to go into my own world and escape from this awful one. It worked I was traveling a million miles an hour through my thoughts, like I so frequently did.

After a while I got bored so I turned off my mp3 player and turned on the T.V. Guess what I saw. I saw the thing that I had said on the news I was shocked I didn’t expect them to put it on I mean with all the swearing and all, I guess they cut it out. Honestly I’m not that cool I thought they were just recording it for a last resort. I switched to another channel and then it was on again, I guess they shared it around, I switched through all the channels and I was on all of them I guess it was shown to the whole of Australia. Or perhaps the world, I doubt it though.

It was really weird. Lots of people obviously got touched by it because they kept on sending me presents and things the rest of that day and the hospital got lots of presents from when I wasn’t there. The nurses were coming in every 5 minutes with more things. It was really nice. It actually showed that people do care. I was shocked I’ve never had anyone care that much for me before.

That night I was aloud to leave the hospital, so I went home and got all my clothes and just special family things I wanted to keep like a couple photo albums. I also took my clarinet, all my CD’s and about half of my posters, most of them Green Day. I shoved it all in a suitcase with lots of stickers and little things of Green Day stuck on it. Somehow I kept strong during that thinking I would never see this house or my family ever again.

I only cried a little bit I mean what can you do at this point? Exactly you can’t there was nothing that I could do and the sooner I could face the facts was the sooner that I could move on as much as I didn’t want too.

The DOC’s lady took me to the orphanage the next day. I didn’t know where I was because I had never been there before; apparently it was very close to the city I lived in which I suppose was kind of cool apart from the fact that there were bombing’s near only the day before.