Devastation

5. Star Struck...

“You used to be full of questions, what’s wrong now?”
I still just nodded slowly.

“Well I’m not driving her until she says sorry” said Tre
“Your fault you shouldn’t have snuck up on her like that” Addie said
“Still I’m not driving until she says sorry that really hurt” Tre said
“Can’t I drive then?” Addie said
“No it’s my car” said Tre

I tried to say sorry but nothing would come out so instead I got a pen and wrote on my hand ‘I’m sorry’ and showed it to him.
“Fine, thank you”

‘Still your fault’ I said in finger signing. They all looked stunned and obviously had no idea what I said. Mike just giggled a little bit. ‘You understand’ I said in finger signing again. He just nodded. ‘Good, someone finally understands’ I said again. He laughed a little bit.

“What did she say?” said Billie
“She said that finally someone understands her instead of looking confused” Mike said
“Is she mute or something?” asked Tre
“No she was talking back in Australia, obviously just star struck” said Addie
‘Tell them to stop talking about me like I’m not here’
“Stop talking about her like she isn’t there” Mike said
“Let’s go home” Billie said
“Fine” Tre said

All their accents sounded funny mostly because I wasn’t used to it but I still had an Australian accent everyone could tell I was Australian straight away, I’m a proud Australian, oh well they’ll just have to live with it. We walked out of the airport and got in Tre’s car and he drove us to Mike’s house. Mike and I got out of the car.
“Make yourself at home”
“Ok”
It looked like a normal house except it was a new house. Tre drove Billie and Addie home. Mike showed me to my new room and I unpacked some of my stuff. After that I went down to the lounge room to find Mike. He was there just sitting down, looking into space. I snuck and jumped up in front of his face.

“What the?” he said
“It’s just me” I said
“Oh so now your talking”
“A bit, hey just so you know I’m a very different individual”
“How?”
“Well for starters if a random word comes in my head I just yell it out of nowhere”
“Ok, anything else?”
“Yes, lots more, it’s going to take a long time to explain myself so you can find out yourself eventually”
“Ok, did you really mean to kick Tre where it hurts?”
“No I was meant to kick his leg so he would fall over, the only thing I couldn’t pass in self defense”
“Really?”
“Yeah”

“So do you play an instrument?”
“Way to change the conversation, I’ll be back in a second”

I ran off to go get my clarinet. I set it up and ran back to the lounge room with it.

“Ok so you do”
“Yep”
“Can you show me a song?”
“Sure”

I started playing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star because it was the only song I could remember at that time, since my head was thinking really fast still trying to process the things that were going around me.