Teenage Dirtbag

No he doesn't know what he's missing

Her name is Noel

His name’s Gerard.

I have a dream about her

I like to watch him. He’s got something that no one else has. Maybe it’s the way he walks, the way he talks, the way he’s openly gay and still popular. Maybe it’s because I can’t ever have him, but I want him.

She rings my bell

When I see him, there’s something that wakes up in me. I can’t concentrate anymore, I run into people, walls, tables, everything, because in that moment I can only see him.

I got gym class in half an hour

I’ve got Gym class with him. He always changes the furthest away from the others.

Oh how she rocks

He doesn’t want the other to think he’s looking at them, or making them uncomfortable.

In Keds and tube socks

He makes the worst class ever be the best. Of course, it makes me get distracted, as always and run into things or people or causes ball to hit my head because I wasn’t looking, but that’s always worth it.

But she doesn't know who I am

But I don’t think even when everyone’s laughing at me, he notices me. He doesn’t know who I am.

And she doesn't give a damn about me

I wish he would notice me. Even if it was to beat me up, or to call me names, it really wouldn’t matter. As long as he would call me anything and not just ‘you’, or ‘that boy’.

Cause I'm just a teenage dirt bag baby
Yeah I'm just a teenage dirt bag baby


I’m just a boy. I’m nothing special, I’m not pretty, I’m not tall and I’m not even different. Just an ordinary boy, with an ordinary life, and a not so ordinary crush on another boy.

Listen to Iron Maiden baby with me

I wish I was as brave as he is. Maybe if I was I would be able to walk up to him and ask him on a date. Even if he turned me down, I just wanted to know that at least I tried.

Her boyfriend's a dick
And he brings a gun to school


He has a boyfriend. He’s as popular as he is. Our high school sweethearts. He loves his boyfriend, but I don’t know how he does it. I understand why he loves Gerard, but not the other way round. Gerard could do so much better.

And he'd simply kick
My ass if he knew the truth


He’s a dick, he bullies me and he doesn’t even know I’m gay. God help me if he ever finds out I want his boyfriend.

He lives on my block
And he drives an Iroc


He’s my neighbour. We live in the same apartment block. Lucky me, I get to hear them. Note the sarcasm. I just sit curled up in a ball in my bed as I cry wishing he was moaning for me.

But she doesn't know who I am
And she doesn't give a damn about me


Tonight as I lie here waiting for the moaning to start I ask myself why he doesn’t love me. This question is in my mind 24/7 and won’t leave, but when I see him, when I look at him I know the reason:
He’s just too good for me.

Yeah dirt bag, no she doesn't know what she's missin
Yeah dirt bag, no she doesn't know what she's missin

I still wish he would give me a chance. I could prove him I can be more.
He doesn’t know what he’s missing.

Man I feel like mould

Today I feel especially bad.

It’s prom night and I am lonely

It’s prom night and I’m here, alone. It’s late at night but I can’t sleep. I just heard a door slamming. I knew who that was. There was only one person that it could be. The prom must be over already or they just got out of there earlier. I bet he couldn’t wait to get home and have him. The him, I most want in the world.

I curl up in a ball under the duvets waiting for the sounds that echoes through the building everything he’s here to rip me apart a little more.

But they never come. I can hear shouting instead. I got curious. I got up and looked through the keyhole.

“Fuck you!” I heard someone shouting from inside. It was his boyfriend for sure because that wasn’t his voice.

Low and behold

“We’re over!” It was his voice as he opened the door and walked away. I ran to my window and saw him walk out of the building but he didn’t go much farther he just sat on the door steps. He sat there for quite some time, I was watching him.

I thought about it for a long time and decided it wouldn’t hurt. I put my Iron Maiden hoody on and picked my cigarettes and lighter and went downstairs.

She's walking over to me

I walked up to him. He was hugging he knees and his shoulders were shaking. He was crying. My angel was crying because of that bastard! If I had 9 inches more and maybe a strongest punch I would fuck that boy up, but as I don’t I’ll just have to fix the broken angel.

This must be fake

He must have heard me coming because he looked at me and smiled. He actually smiled at me. I smiled back and sat next to him.

My lip starts to shake

He looks even prettier from close. That’s when I notice he’s sitting right here, next to me. I get nervous. I wish I wasn’t so shy but I am and I’m shaking just from being this close to him.

How does she know who I am
And why does she give a damn about


“Frank, right?” He asked sniffling. I nodded taking a tissue out of my pocket and giving it to him.
“Thanks.” He said. I take the cigarettes and the lighter out of my pocket too. I up it in my mouth and lighted it.
“Fag?” I asked holding it out to him. He turned his head immediately.
“What?”
“Fag? Do you want fag?” He smiled and nodded and I lighted it for him. “What happened?” I asked, even though I already knew.
“Broke up with my boyfriend.” He said letting his cigarette hang loosely on his lips.
“I’m sorry.” I said. I wasn’t sorry about it. Not really. I was happy he told the asshole to fuck off but I wasn’t happy he was sad. I never wanted to see him sad.
“Don’t be.” He whispered. “I’m better without him, but I really thought he was different. Ya know?”

I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden baby
Come with me Friday, don't say maybe


“You like Iron Maiden?” He asked.
“Yeah, how did you-”
“Your hoody.”
“Oh…” I trailed off feeling stupid.
“So, do you?”
“Yeah, I love them!” I said smiling. Not only because I loved Iron Maiden but because he was smiling too, and I was happy he was happier now.
“Me too. You know. I have two tickets to see them on Friday.” He said. “I was thinking of going with dickhead up there.” He said gesturing with his head. “And as we broke up, I have no one to go with me.” He explained. “Do you want to come with me?”
“Me?”

I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby like you

“I can’t see anyone else.” He said smiling. “Of course it’s you!”
“I-I would l-love t-to, but w-why me?” I asked stuttering. I sounded like an idiot.
“What do you mean?”
“I’m just some boy you just met. Why don’t you take someone else? A friend or something?”
“I don’t have that many real friends and the ones I have will take his side.” He explained.
“But I’m not special. I’m just some teenage boy.”
“I’m just a teenage boy too. Just like you.” He smiled. “So, are you coming?”
“Of course.”

No she doesn't know what she's missin
No she doesn't know what she's missin


He didn’t know what he was missing, but he would soon.