Status: Finished! read sequel.

I'm Something Like A Player

As times goes on, things change.

"So what's on thee agenda this weekend?" Cody asked as we sat on his bed eating Pizza Rolls.

"Ughh" I sighed, ''I dunno. Frankie's movie night is tonight. Nick wants to go out tomorrow." My statement was followed by silence. I looked up to see both him & Shayne staring at me with disaproving gazes.

"Can I know what's good?" I asked.

"Getting awfully cozy with Nick."Cody twiddled the comforter.

"Well his attitude's improved. Makes him a more likeable person."

"Kyle its been three months." Shayne pointed out. 3 months ago I swore I would bring Nick Jonas crying to his knees, a crushed little boy. But I hadn't even made an attempt to embarrass him in the slightest way.

"Well...you know he's way more experienced the rest. More time is needed." Iplayed with my jacket string.

"So when are you gonna actually try something, Ky? I haven't seen shit"

"Wait Shay. Okay?This time is different. I'll be losing more this time."

"Like what?"

"Like a whole fucking family! I break him and no more family. I have Renee but sometimes I actually wish I could have my parents and a whole family to love."

"No Ky. Thats not it. Its that you love him. You fell in love with the target and know you're backing out."

"You don't know what you're talking about." I muttered turning away.

"You guys lets not start." Cody tried but Shayne now came to face me.

"Yes I do! Ky I know you. And I know Nick. I know that guy doesn't care about any female. It's all the same. He's a player, Kylie. He's pathetic and a waste of time.

"Yeah Shay but so amI. What the hell have I been doing to guys? hUH? I've been playing their brains out. Everyone one I've never even liked. Just to benefit some eager need for revenge."
"I'm trying to help you out before things go bad."

"Everythings good Shay okay? Nothings bad."

"Yeah? Well have you told him about you and Joe. Better yet how about you talking to his ex?"

"What about you and Joe? Why don't I know what the hell this is about?" Cody got off the bed to stand beside the two of us.

"Kylie did Joe." Shayne said. I dipped my head in shame.

"What the hell Kylie?!" He grabbed me by my shoulders.

"It was a mistake! I didn't mean to! Nick doesn't know and since it meant nothing he doesn't need to know. I don't want to hurt anyone." I was close to tears. My bestfriends were prosecuting me and I was trying best I could to keep my calm and finish the talk.

"But Ky you don't realize it. He doesn't care about hurting people. He's pathetic. And your pathetic for believing in his shit." She spat. Okay way to cross the effing line.

"You know what Shayne? Fuck you. I don't have to listen to you tell me how shitty I am. I Know what I am. Take a look at your damn self and eat that shit. Sorry Cody." I threw her a look before grabbing my bookbag and dashing down the stairs and out into the January weather, wiping the tear that warmed my cheek.

Who the hell was Shayne to say that? My bestfriend. And she's supposed to be my shoulder to lean on. I pondered the previous event as I continuosly wiped the tears from my eyes with my hoodie's sleeve.

Then a thought popped into my head when I realized I was wearing Nick's FREE CITY hoodie.

I think I do love him.


Nick.


I jogged down the stairs to make sure we were set for movie night as far as food went. I entered the kitchen to see Frankie eating some Trix.

"Hey, bud." I ruffled his hair, passing.

"Sup?. When's Kylie coming over?"

"Uhhh. I really don't know.Wanna call her?"

"Heck yes!" He jumped off the stool and came next to me.

I dialed and we waited for her answer.

"UM.Yeah?" Her voice cracked a bit.

"Kyle? You okay?" I asked.

"Nick? Yeah I'm good. Umm..what did you need?"

"We want you over!" Frankie said before I could respond.

"Is that my Frankie Baby?" She giggled. "You know I can't deny you, Love."

"So can you come?" He asked eagerly.

"Yep. Give me like 45 minutes."

"Hurry!"

"I will!" She laughed causing me to smile.

"I love you Kiley!"

"I love you too ,Frankie." Then she hung up.

"Hey bud. Since when do you love Kylie.

"I don't know. How long have you?"

And right then, my 8 year old brother stunned me with a question I needed to ask myself.
Was I in love with Kylie?