Status: Finished! read sequel.

I'm Something Like A Player

Tonight I Love You

"Still not gonna talk to me?" Shayne asked this morning. I was so mad she even said one word to me I grabbed my books and slammed my locker closed.

" Hell no." I hissed and walked off. As if I didn't already have enough on my plate, today I had to take Frankie to see Kathy. It was agreed I'd take him to see her twice every month. It was December, one week till Chritsmas. I had more people to shop for, even if I didn't talk to Shayne. Cody had already apologized. Come to my house and told me he didn't want to hurt me. I accepted quickly, he really wasn't the on bashing me anyway.

"Hey,Babe." Nick appeared beside me and kissed my cheek. It snapped me out of my thoughts and made me smile.

"Hey. I'm still picking up Frankie?" I asked as he handed me his backpack while slinging his gym bag over his shoulder.

"Mhmm."

"Kay. See you after practice." I kissed him.

"Later."

The cool air felt nice , blowing my hairaway from my face. It cleared my mind. The light sheet of snow that fell last night crunched under my converse when I walked to Nick's car.

I left the windows partly down as I drove carefully through the streets. And then I thought. For a fact, no doubt about it, I knew I loved Nick. Like really loved him. I'd never told anyone but my first boyfriend, Danny, I loved them and meant it full heartedly. So I was scared to confess to Nick, even though I was pretty sure he felt the same way. Possible rejection is something I can't deal with either.

Then I had Kathy as a problem. Know that I've just admitted to myself that I'm in love with Nick, I've broken my promise to her. Not to fall in love with him. To hurt him. Neither of these did I follow through with. I had to tell her what was going on. I was pretty sure she'd understand, I mean how could she not? She'd fell in love too. The most she could say was to be careful right?.

"Hey Frankie J. Ready to see your friend?" I asked him as he strapped into the backseat.

"Mhhmm. Can we go see a movie?"

"Ummm. Sure" I thought about it. Nobody would be at the movies right after school. And the traffic wasn't so hot so it'd probably be empty.

"What do you wanna see?"

"Monsters VS. Aliens!"

"Of course." i mutttered with a smirk.

---

"He wants to catch a movie, Kath. Okay with you?" I asked her when she was inside the car.

"Yep. No problem. We can get some hot chocolate 'cause its freezing." Her nose was red with cold.

"I think it feels good." I countered but rolled up the windows for her benfit. I only had on a black cami under my jacket and a pair of jeans.

"No. I'm more for the hot."

"Yeah. I like extremes. Like really cold or really hot."

"Weird."

"Yeah." I laughed at myself.

--

After the movie Frankie had fallen asleep in the backseat on our way to drop off Katherine. I was sorta pressed for time so we were hurrying a bit. I still had to be on time to get Nick from practice. If they won this weekends game, next week we'd be going to Championships in New York. Yes we because since I sort of co-coach, Coach Davis let me join. As a reward.

"Kathy. I need to talk to you." I said before I lost the nerve to bring it up.

"What about?" She asked nonchalantly, which I was greatful for.

"Nick." She paid a bit more attention to what I was telling her but not alot. Afterall, our whole meeting up was about Nick.

"I love him Kath. And I know I made you a promise but I can't I'd be not only hurting him, but myself and everyone I'd grown close to. Frankie for instance. He lost you and gained me. I brung him back to see you though. And if Nick and I fall apart, he'll be alone again. I just-"

"No." She said sharply.

"No what?"

"We had a deal Kylie. You break his fake ass heart. Just like he did me. I know you remember." She glared at me seriously." How could you love something that conniving and vicious. He's a lowdown snake and he doesn't love anyone. You love him but I bet he doesn't give a shit about you. It's his life story."

It was like inevitable punch in the gut from Shayne all over again.

"I don't understand," She shool her head furiously."
Seriously. After knowing what he did to me? How?"

"Because I was just like him. I changed. So can he." I said, controlling my anger and keeping my voice low,"Now get out,Kathy."

"What?" She asked as if she still wanted to discuss the matter. We were parked in front of her house by now.

"Get. the fuck. out." I said not looking at her. She grabbed her bag and stepped out.

"Remember what he is." Is what she said before she slammed the car door shut and I zoomed off.

--

''You okay,Kyle?" Nick asked me sorta breathless when he entered the car. I didn't look at him until he put his chilled hand on mine, which I realized were shaking with anger and other mixed emotions.

"Fine." I looked at him, his face concerned.

"You sure?"

"Mhhm. I want you to spend tonight at my house
though. Please?" I asked softly.

"Of course. Here, why don't you let me drive,Babe." He offered. I nodded and slid over so I was sitting on his lap for a minute.

"This is fun enough." He kissed my neck. And I finally smiled. Made me want to tell him that I loved. Almost.

--

"Where's Renee?" He asked. We had dropped Frankie off and walked into my empty house. Even in weather like this, it still felt warm. The vibrant colors my sister and I had painted our walls and the retro furniture. Anyone could've known we did this on our own.

"At work. It seems like I don't see her as much." I said. It was true. My sister and I wwere still forever close, I just saw less of her. Probably becauseour weekends weren't spent at home anymore. After I started to spend time with Nick, she'd stay home with me and we'd hang out. Her boyfriend would always come over if he wanted to see her. It made me feel like I was trapping her. And now she was free, just like I was.

"I'm gonna take a shower." He said making me laugh. I went and sniffed him.

"I think so too." I kissed his lips before he jetted up the stairs to my bathroom. I'd take my shower downstairs.

I was already sititing on the couch, staring at the t.v. screen while Brett Michaels made out with some girl, when Nick was done with his shower. He had a white v neck on and some basketball shorts. His normal pajamas.

"Your slow." I teased him when he sat next to me, pulling me close.

"And your cute." He kissed my forehead.

"You can't compliment after an insult." I poked his chest and lookedup at him,"No fun."

"Too bad." He smirked. I poked him again and went back to putting my head on his chest.

"Ew, you watch this." He asked, turning to the t.v.

"Nope. I was waiting for you,slow poke. You hungry?"

"Sure. What are we eating?"

"Whatever you want."

"Well to save you the trouble, lets go pick something up." He pulled me back down next him.

"I'm not dressed!" I giggled. I didn't even have bottoms on, just some some boyshorts.

"I am. We don't have to go in. Call in our order to Chili's."

"We still have tp pick it up." I argued.

"I'll go in."

"Fine." I said defeated. I got the phone to call in our orders.

"Well how am I going to get to the car?"

"I got you Kylie." He picked me up, and my legs
wrapped themselves around his waist his hand underneath my thighs. Even in the small ways, Nick wasn't the sex crazed Jonas I'd first met.

--

"Be right back." I said throwing my takeout container to the trash can and going upstairs to brush my teeth. I knew Nick was doing the same in the downstairs bathroom.

"What movie?" I sat on on his lap, our bodies perpendicular.

"Cruel Intentions. Just came on." He scooted me
closer to him.

"Oh I love this movie." I sighed as he put his hand on my thigh, the other behind my back.

Throughout the movie, Nick would place kisses on my shoulder and such. After the credits went over, I turned to him. He rocked me while my head lay in the nook of his neck. And I decided I would tell him. He made me so comfortable.

"Nick?" I asked softly.

"Yeah,Babe?"

"i love you." I said so quietly I barely heard myself, but he heard me.

"I love you too,Honey. I love you alot." He took my face in is hands. I am so glad I'm not big on crying, becuase I surely would have right now.

I mashed my lips to kiss, hungry for the love he had stored for me. The love we'd finally admitted to.