Status: Finished

A Thousand ***'s; I Love You

Chapter 24 - Grillin' & Chillin'

**One Month Later**

The house looked amazing. It had taken about two weeks to paint all the rooms, and we had been living here a week today. It was so nice to have the stability and security that came with owning your own place; no monthly rent or annoying neighbors.

"I can't believe we've been here a week already!" Gerard said happily sitting next to me on the kitchen breakfast bar.

"I know," I said kissing him in greeting, "We should invite our parents and the guys over for dinner this weekend."

"Actually I was thinking we could have the guys over tonight for dinner and our parents sometime next week. That way it isn't so much at once."

I agreed and Gerard started calling around for the guys. None of them, not even Mikey had seen the house yet. So they were all eager to come over.

They would all arrive around 7:00. Mikey, of course was bringing Alicia, Ray and Christa, and Bob and his girl Nikki.

Gerard and I weren't much for cooking, and decided that breaking in the new grill would be a good idea. I was currently at the store buying brats and veggie burger mix, and potato's. We had been living on frozen food and carry out so I needed everything new.

When I got to my car there was a few cameras and some people asking questions, one of course was about Gerard and I being together. For once I didn't dread that question. Gerard and I had had a long conversation with the rest of the band and Brian and decided that the truth would be the best.

"Yeah, yeah we are." I said smiling before disappearing into my car.

I was relieved no one tried to follow me home, and I had a permanent smile pasted on my face. It was nice that people other than close friends and family knew. I was sure it’d be in some magazines, and it could cause a few problems, but in the end it would be worth it.

XxXxXxXxXxX

Walking back into the kitchen Gerard was preheating the oven for the baked potatoes. I set the bags on the counter and wrapped my arms around him from behind. "They know," I said kissing the area between his shoulder blades.

He turned around with a smile and hugged me. We stayed in the middle of the kitchen just hugging. At last we pulled away and started preparing for dinner.

XxXxXxXxXxX

Bob and Nikki arrived last, so he got the privilege of grill master for the night. It was the middle of August so we all sat outside on the patio table.

It was good that Bob was busy, that way we could play 21 questions with Nikki. We all had only met her once, and it was our way of protecting Bob.

He didn't seem to need much protecting. She was very nice, and kind of the opposite of Bob. Nikki was vibrant and talkative, and a bit on the hyper side, (but not annoyingly so). She had known Christa for years, and that was how she met Bob. Her and Alicia seemed to hit it off right away and any nervousness (which hadn't been much to begin with), was gone by the time we started eating.

XxXxXxXxXxX

Mikey and Alicia were the last to leave and it was around midnight. Everyone had loved the house and given it many praises. It made us both happy that the guys approved of the life Gerard and I were making for ourselves even if it was all happening a bit fast.

We left all the dishes (Christa had offered to do them), in the sink for tomorrow and made our way to bed.

I crawled under the cool, still new sheets and rested my head against his bare chest, right above his heart.

"I love you Gerard."

"I love you too Frankie."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Clearly this is a bit early, but I have had it written since Tuesday (you guys inspire me that much) and I am really bored. I am gonna be gone all weekend so I expect plenty of your amazing comments when I get back. I hope you enjoyed!

Erika