Status: Finished

A Thousand ***'s; I Love You

Chapter 26 - The End

I thought maybe once I was sitting with him I would feel some of the initial anger from earlier. Far from it, seeing him made me realize that he was the one thing I was missing in my life now that I had Gerard. We hadn't gotten into why he left, and to be honest I didn't even care anymore. I just wanted to get to know him now.

We had been sitting across from each other at the table for just under an hour, and already we were on our third cup of coffee. He had been telling me about what had been happening the last few years in his life. I had one half-sister. Her name was Britan, but she usually went by her middle name; Jane. He showed me a picture; she had vibrant blue eyes and shoulder length brown hair. She was 13, born April, 12th and going into the ninth grade.

I had no step mother. Apparently my dad messed around with some 18 year old girl. She agreed to have the baby, but the rest was up to him. I had respect for him being a single father, but it also reminded me that he left my mom in the same vote. My heart hurt that that 13 year old girl was going to be losing her only parent soon.

"Can I meet her sometime?" I asked interrupting for the first time.

"I would like that, she knows about you, and is familiar with the band."

"You follow the band?" I asked curiously.

"It was my only connection with you for a while," he said with sadness.

"So then I assume you know about Gerard and I?" He nodded, “And you're okay with that?"

"Of course, you’re my son Frank."

I nodded thankfully, "Gerard and I just bought a house, we would love it if you and Britan would come for dinner soon."

"That would be nice, speaking of Jane I was supposed to pick her up 10 minutes ago."

We exchanged phone numbers, with a promise that I would call Thursday with a proper invitation. We both stood up and he wrapped his arms around me, "I'm sorry Frankie, I am so glad you came."

I pulled away, "It's alright, I mean you're my dad I love you."

"I love you to son." Those were the words I had wanted to hear since I was three.

We walked out of the coffeehouse together and went our separate ways.

XxXxXxXxXxXxX

Driving home my emotions were a lot more normal than driving there. I was truly happy I had gone and met my father, and soon I would meet my half-sister. The weight of sadness still sat heavy in my heart, because I knew that although I had just gotten him, I was losing him.

When I got home Gerard was laying on the couch. I curled easily into his side. He looked at me imploringly, and I smiled in answer to his silent question.

Everything was going to be okay.

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow guys I cannot believe it's over. -TEARS- I know I said there was plenty more chapters of this left, but I changed my mind. This story was 20,000 words and 32 pages of my life, and you guys kept me going every step of the way. This is the first story I have ever finished. I lost momentum at the end, but I am hoping to get some back with THE SEQUEL! Close Your Eyes and Brace Yourself will be starting in the next couple weeks, so please if you want to continue on with Frank and Gerard's story subscribe. I just wanna thank three of my very best friends here at Mibba who have helped me so much; MindlessRomance, Shatter the Calm, and lizzicleromance. I LOVE EVERYONE WHO READ AND COMMENTED SO MUCH!