Sequel: Apology Accepted

We've Learned to Run from Anything Uncomfortable

07

Sunday, May 22nd

“Olleh dear, are yeh comin’ to the kitchen fer some grub?” Lynn asked, pushing my door open lightly.

I grunted over dramatically and rolled over to face her, "Lynn, what time is it? Yer wakin' meh up too early."

"Olleh, it's 11 o'clock. Now get yer arse up and come to the table."

I pulled off my covers, the cold air in my bedroom greeted my skin and goose bumps crawled over my body. I quickly pulled on a sweat shirt and followed Lynn to the kitchen table where my uncle and her were seated, eating sandwiches full of who knows what. I looked at my spot and saw that there was a salad ready for me in a small bowl, complete with tomatoes.

I turned around upon the realization I really had to pee. I went into the bathroom and dropped my boxers. Once I was finished, I stood in front of my mirror and got a good look at myself. I looked horrid.

My eyes had black bags surrounding them and my hair was anything but tamed.

I had been up until six this morning, thinking about Sam. I felt bad for making her walk home yesterday, but she refused to let me give her a ride.

That bird just made no sense to me. She went around, ignoring me for a week straight, finally makes her way over here and decides that she's only hanging out with me because she felt bad for me? No. That's not how it works.

I don't hang out with people who feel bad for me. And just as much as I want to be mad at her for saying that to me, a small part of me is convinced I completely overreacted and Sam just has a shitty way with words.

Nonetheless, I still feel bad and I know I upset her.

I quickly made my way back out to the table and took my seat, stabbing at my salad with my fork and piling it into my mouth.

"Oi, Olleh. It's nice ta see yeh." My uncle, Mark grinned, patting me on the back.

"Well, if yeh weren' always out at work, I migh' see yeh more." I laughed.

"If yeh were 'ome every once in awhile yeh migh' see 'im." Lynn added gruffly.

"Lynn, I dunno what yer talkin' about. 'm always 'ere."

"Yer always gone at school, leavin' meh 'ome by meh lonesome all the time."

I chuckled slightly, "Well, I go ta school so I don' get stuck at 'ome with yeh all the time, Lynnie."

"Yer such an arse." She said, shaking her head and laughing.

"Yeh know yeh love meh."

"Unfortunately, we 'ave to." Mark added.

"Yeh'd love meh anyways, and yeh know it."

"Yeh're full of it, Doll." Lynn said, taking a bite of her sandwich, "Oi, what 'appened to tha' girl tha' was over 'ere yesterday? She left quite early."

"Yeah, her mum wanted her 'ome."

"Well, yeh could've at least given the poor lass a ride 'ome. It was freezin' yesterday."

"She can be a lil' difficult at times." I muttered, knowing that wasn't even the half of it.

"Well, most teenagers are."

"I ain't a teenager." I sighed, "'m eighteen!"

"Righ' righ', I keep forgettin' yer birthday's in November."

"Well, 'm gonna go fer a drive." I said, placing my empty bowl in the sink and grabbing my keys off the hook.

"Be 'ome soon. Tommeh 'spose ta be callin' and I'd like fer yeh to be 'ere ta talk to 'im."
"I know, Lynn. I'll be back soon."

I slipped on my Vans and made my way out to my car in the cold morning air. It was almost June, it's supposed to get warm here. I let myself in my car and pulled away from the curb, heading towards the gas station to buy myself some more smokes.

I pulled to stop in front of a Jackson's and turned my car off. I walked up to the door and let myself in, catching a glimpse of a couple of birds from school. Ignoring their annoying giggles and stares, I went up to the counter and placed my wallet down.

"Can I get two packs of Camel menthols?"

"Sure thing. Nine bucks and 33 cents. I'll need to see your ID."

I pulled ten bucks from my wallet and my ID and slid them across the counter.

"Alright, here you are." The cashier said, pushing the packs of cigarettes towards me and handing me my change.

I gathered up my 67 cents and stuffed it in my pocket, leaving the store, the metal bell clinking slightly behind me.

"Hey!" I heard a female voice behind me.

I stopped dead in my tracks and rolled my eyes, muttering 'fuck' before turning around.

"Yeah?"

"Hi. This is Carrie and I'm LeeAnn, we go to your school."

"Oh. Hi." I said, uninterested.

"You hang out with that Sam girl?"

I thought about Sam and the vulnerability of her nature. The way she just wanted to be cared about, but didn't want people to know.

"Yeah, I do."

"Why?" Carrie blurted. LeeAnn stepped on her foot roughly muttering something to the extent of shut up.

"I don't have time fer this. Jus' keep yer traps shut about Sammeh. She don't need yer shit, alrigh'?"

I quickly got into my car, ignoring the questions piling out of the girl's mouths.

They were of the ages of 17 or 18 and still being completely ridiculous. As I pulled out of the parking lot and lit my cigarette, I realized that I was rather harsh on Sam yesterday and she didn't deserve the way I treated her.

She was obviously making an effort to be a different person, taking a small step to trusting someone, and I was a total arse.

I made a wrong turn, finding myself in Sam's neighborhood. I drove past her house, taking quick glances at it, seeing five or six young kids in the front yard, playing in the snow, being watched by an older, rather haggard looking woman.

The garage door was open, revealing two station wagons and an older man, the woman's husband I presumed, which had to be Sam's foster dad was waving around a wrench asking questions.

They must have noticed me driving by so slow, because the woman's eyes stuck to my car like white on rice and I quickly pushed down on the gas, puffing on my cigarette and rounded the corner.

I made my left turn after the intersection and stopped in front of my house, finishing off my cigarette and leaving it in the snow. I quickly made my way up to the front door and into my bedroom, where I collapsed on my bed.

I pulled the covers up over my chin and kicked my shoes off, welcoming the warmth of my bedroom.

I heard Lynn talking loudly, coming near my room.

"Yah, Tommeh. Let me get 'im on the phone fer yeh." She said, knocking on my door, "Olleh, yeh decent?"

"Yeah." I said loudly.

"Tommeh's on the phone fer yeh."

I took the phone from her and snuggled back under my covers, pressing my mouth to the receiver, "Hiya Tommeh."

"Well, ‘ow did it go? Did yeh guys bonk?"

"Tommeh!" I groaned, "I tell yeh again, I'm not 'anging out with this bird just to get bonked, yeh damn twat."

"I know I know.” He laughed, “I just like given' yeh shit. 'Ow'd it go?"

"She left rather early. I went off on the girl, scared 'er a bit."

"What could yeh possibly think of ta get mad at 'er for?" He shouted.

"She told meh tha' she was 'angin' out with meh cause she didn't want me too feel bad cause she didn't like meh or some shit."

"Olleh, tha's hardly somethin' to be mad at 'er for."

"Thanks Tom, I figured tha' out." I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

"Jus' lettin' yeh know."

"So, 'ow're mum and dad? Still hatin' meh?"

"Yeh know they don' hate yeh Olleh, they're jus' a little mad."

"So, they send me to the US?"

"I 'ate it when yeh ask me 'bout this, bro."

"Well, they won't talk to meh 'bout it. Lynn refuses ta tell me, and Mark 'as no idea. Who else am I 'spose to ask?"

"I don' know man, but I wish they'd ship yer arse back 'ere. It's so boring without yeh. Me 'n the guys can't think a nothin' ta do." Tom mumbled.

"Well, go use yer camera and take a picture of somethin'. It ain't my fault 'm stuck 'ere."

"Are yeh tellin' me that it's not yer fault you got pissed that night and broke the entire 'ouse?"

"I told yeh lot to do something else with tha‘ damn vodka."

"Well, Olleh. I dunno what ta tell ya. Just finish up yer last month and I'm sure they'll 'ave no problem bringin yeh back."

"Yeah."

"Well, I gotta go. Matt's 'ere. We're gonna play some video games. I'll call tomorrow. Tell Lynn and Mark I love 'em."

"Yeah yeah. Talk ta yeh later Tommeh."

I hung up the phone and sighed loudly, running my hands over my face. Just finish up yer last month and I'm sure they'll 'ave no problem bringin yeh back.

I'm not even sure if going back is something I want to do. I'm starting to like living with Lynn. There's no fights, no yelling, no screaming, and she doesn't care if I wanna smoke. The only thing missing is Tom and the guys. But, if I go back, the only thing missing will be Sam.
♠ ♠ ♠
First off. I have 23 subscribers and 29 comments? Wow. That just amazes me. I love you guys, seriously.

Second, pissed means drunk.. if you didn't catch on (:

Third, I'm just wondering.. Is the slang getting annoying? I found a British Slang website that I've practially been raping lately. If I'm throwing too much of it in there, please tell me so that my writing doesn't suffer from it.

Fourttth, I made a new banner and a new layout? Do you like them? Preferences? Was the old one better? New one better? (:

and Fifth.. I have contests. Enter them. (: First Time Contest and Only a week contest oh, and someone dropped out of my songfic contest, so if anyone has a good idea for the song Lyrical Lies by CIWWAF, hit up this contest

Sixth. Read this Oli Sykes story. It's incredibly amazing and she deserves more readers.

Seventh, I am thinking about writing a Matt Good story, but I'd like a co-writer.. anyone interested? If so, click here

Eighth.. That is all. I am done. (; I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and I would like your feedback..

Get me four stars? (: