Status: Complete

His Sun

one of one.

Gabriel stood in the doorway of his bedroom watching his lover, his Abagail, put away the clothing that she had just taken out of the Dryer. He observed that she was agile with her folding, placing her undergarments in the top drawer of the bureau with his boxers and socks. Their teeshirts, which she obviously didn't feel the need to hang, were folded and placed in the same drawer as were jeans, sweatpants, and shorts.

She hung up her dresses, beautiful and vibrant sun dresses that he had never been able to see her wear out even when the sun was high in the sky, with care and she used even more consideration to hang up his dress shirts and slacks.

A small smiled played on Gabriel's lips when Abagail began humming the melody of a song he wasn't familiar with, her hips swaying gently to the beat of the song that was playing in her head. He enjoyed watching her without her knowledge. She wouldn't have hummed or moved her hips in such a manner if she knew he was standing there. She was much to shy for that.

Gabriel slowly entered the room as Abagail walked over to the closet with the extra hangers in her hands. To preoccupied with placing the hangers on the rack, she didn't hear him come up behind her. She wasn't aware of his presence until she turned around to leave and collided with his chest.

“Gabe!” She gasped, when she realized it was him. Giggling, she placed a hand on her chest as if to stop her heart from racing. “What are you doing?”

“Nothing,” he told her innocently as he backed up to allow her out of the closet. He leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on her lips before whispering, “You hum wonderfully, my love.”

Abagail's jaw dropped, “You were watching me?” When a smile appeared on his lips once again she teased, “You pervert.”

“Only for you,” he placed another kiss on her lips before brushing his lips against her cheek. A sound, much like that of a moan, came from between his lips as he said, “You're very warm tonight.”

“I'm warm every night,” she pointed out, rolling her eyes when she did. She turned and went over to the bed to fold the quilt that spread out at the end of their bed. When her back was to him, he took the advantage to wrap his arms around her waist and pull her against him. “What's bothering you, my Abagail?” He laid his cheek against the crown of her head and breathed in the scent of her hair.

Her sigh was long and deep causing his worry to increase, “You can tell me, my love.”

Gabriel felt Abagail pull away from him and he released her, allowing her to be free in case she wanted to distance herself from him, except she turned towards him. “You promise you won't get mad?” she asked in a gentle voice, looking up at him innocently.

He nodded solemnly, “I promise.”

Abagail bit her lip hesitantly before saying, “Sometimes I feel that you only keep me around because of what I am.”

He looked at her puzzled, “And that would be?”

“Human. Warm... Easy.” A blush came to her cheeks when the last word left her lips. “Its just... you always point out how I'm warm and how much you like to...” she trailed off in embarrassment, not wanting to say anymore, but she knew he understood what she was going to say next.

Gabriel frowned and lifted his hand to set it against her cheek, “You are not easy, my love.” he stated in a serious tone. “As for only keeping you around because you're human... because your warm I will not lie. The warm, your humanity, appeals to me. It's what attracted me to you.” When Abagail sighed and turned her head away from his hand he grabbed her chin lightly and forced her to look at him in the eye. “But that’s not why I care for you. You're like my sun, so bright and lively, you brighten up every room you enter. You're like the ocean breeze, fresh and calming.”

He paused for a moment to allow her to process what he had said, “Your warmth... I crave it. Because when you have been as cold as I have you wish for the warmth of the sun against your skin, of another body against yours. Before you came along I thought that I'd never be able to feel it. Yes, there are brief instances when I'm warm from feeding or I feel the warmth from somebody who will only stay for the night but that isn't what I wanted. You've given me warmth for however long you decide to stay with me.” He gave her a small smile, “Now tell me why you thought up this ridiculous thoughts.”

She gave him a smile back but her eyes registered sadness, “You only care for me... I've told you that I loved you so many times and you've never said it back to me. I've been patient, knowing that maybe love isn't coming so easy for you but no matter what I do and no matter how long I wait, you only care for me.”

“Abagail...”

She shook her head and turned from him, “Don't say it now... Its okay if you don't love me because I love you enough for the both of us. You make me smile. You take care of me. You don't raise your voice to me. I'm lucky to have you any way I can get you.”

Gabriel shook his head, “That is no excuse for me not to have returned your words. I say the words to myself but I don't dare to speak them aloud because with those words we will become closer... When you are no longer with me I will feel the pain of loss. Those words will just make the pain more vivid.” He gave her a very serious look after those words left his lips, “Though, if you want to hear the words I will say them until you are sick of hearing them. I love you Abagail. You are my sun, the ocean breeze, and the thing that keeps me going most nights.”

After those words Gabriel pulled his lover into his arms and kissed her, the kiss wasn't to hard nor to soft it wasn't chastising or teasing. The kiss was full of passion. Full of warmth and kindness. Full of his love for Abagail.