Dare You To Run

Chapter Two

"Mille! Come, sit."
"I hate you." Millie said, sitting down next to one of her best friends, Michael. Her pulse quickened as she scanned her eyes over the mass of people who, in a few minutes, would be crushing her against the Wembley Arena barrier, "Hey you love us really. Or you will do." Smiled Abi, her other best friend.
"Yeah yeah."
The lights dimmed in the packed arena, prompting everyone to stand up and crush Millie against the barrier, "Aah shit this is going to kill me."
"It'll be worth it." A voice said behind her.
"Why is it that everyone seems to know something that I don't? I'm worried."
"You'll find out soon enough my dear little Millie." Abi said with a grin.

Finally, after a gruelling 45 minutes of the support band and another half hour wait, My Chemical Romance took to the stage, "Are you ready to rock Wembley??" yelled Gerard. A massive cheer greeted him, "I said, ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?!" The band launched into "Dead!" with Gerard dancing round the stage as though he were high. Millie was entranced by the spectacle in front of her. Never had she been so close to her heroes, she could see everything, the way Ray's hand sped over his fret board, Bob's insane drumming, even Mikey's gross boots. The song ended and was approved by a roar from the crowd. Gerard smiled around him, "How are you all today?"
Roar.
"Awesome. Now I was given a special request earlier today."
Roar.
"Something tells me, you know what I'm talking about."
Roar.
"Something tells me, someone here doesn't know what I'm talking about."
Roar.
"Shall we tell her?"
Especially loud roar.
"Ok. Is there a Millie here?"
"SHE'S DOWN HERE!" Yelled Michael and Abi in unison.
Gerard looked down, "Oh there you are. Can we get her on stage please." He pointed at her and the guards moved to pull her out.
"WHAT?! NO WAY! I CAN'T AAH PUT ME DOWN!" she shouted at the guards and struggled, but they were far too strong for her. The crowd pushed her out and in seconds she was standing right underneath the stage and being led round to the side, "Aw don't be shy." Gerard said, smiling at her as she was brought on to the stage and handed a microphone, "So, Millie, apparently it's your birthday today." She nodded, too dumbfounded to speak and not knowing what to do with the microphone in her hand, "Yay, how old are you today?"
"Um…17." She mumbled.
"17! I remember being 17. It kicked ass!" grinned Frankie. The crowd cheered some more.
"Let's sing happy birthday to her!"
"Good plan Mikey." Gerard moved to the centre of the stage, he was now right next to Millie, "On the count of three, one, two, three, happy birthday…" The band conducted the crowd in their song and when it was over, encouraged a massive cheer, "Aw that was nice." Gerard turned to Millie, "Apparently, according to your two lovely friends down there, you can sing."
"What." She stared at him, begging him with her eyes not to do what she knew he was about to do. He just smiled, "Would you like to hear her sing Wembley?"
"YEEES!"
"Sing with me." They began to play "Under Pressure." All Millie wanted to do was run off stage, but she couldn't because Ray and Frank were standing in the way of the stage exits, "Damn those…well placed guitarists." She muttered to herself before being led into the song by Gerard.

"Since it's your birthday…we should let you choose a song." Frank said, shrugging his shoulders. It was coming to the end of the gig and Millie was still on stage, having been forced to stay up by massive demand from the band and the crowd, "Ooh yeah you should! Give us a song and we'll play it. Any song." Agreed Bob. Millie looked into the crowd and saw thousands of eyes staring up at her, begging her for that one song they craved, "Okay um. Our La-" She was drowned out by a huge scream from the crowd and moved herself to the side as the band she had followed for so long began to play the song everyone wanted to hear, "Wow we haven't played that in a while. That was good. Very good." Gerard remarked, looking slightly surprised at himself and the band. He turned to Millie and smiled. She smiled back and he suddenly had an urge in him that he hadn't felt in a while. Deciding to go with it he turned back to the crowd and said, "Shall I give our Millie a special birthday present?" The crowed cheered its approval and so he turned to her, leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her lips. The entire arena fell into a shocked silence as he pulled away, still looking into her eyes and said, "Yeah I bet none of you were expecting that."
"I don't think she was either!" came Michael's voice.

"Your face!" Abi screamed as she ran up to her best friend, "Oh my god that was hysterical!" It was after the gig, and Millie had turned down an offer of hanging back stage with the band, claiming she had to get back to her friends. Now they were standing below the window of the room the band were in, unknowingly, and discussing the gig.
"So, what are his lips like? Dry? Soppy? Taste good?"
"ABI!"
"What?! I wanna know!"
"Yeah come on Millie! Spill!" Gerard laughed softy as he watched the group of people crowding around the birthday girl, "Okay okay." She said, raising her hands to silence the group, "Fucking amazing."
"Oooh wow!"
"Aww Millie!"
"Yup, I could get used to that." She said with a laugh, "Yum."
"So…if I kissed you now, it would be like…kissing Gerard, only second hand."
"Oh my god Millie I've just realised something."
"Ew. What's that?"
"He was your first kiss!" Gerard's eyes widened as he heard this piece of information.
"Oh bloody hell. He was as well." Millie burst out laughing in shock.
"Hey Gee, we should go."
"Okay." He picked up his hoodie and walked away from the window, leaving the group to chat amongst themselves.