House Of Despair

Chapter 5

"You have color in your cheeks," Devin teased as I ran back panting.
“Shut the fuck up."
"Someone's in a good mood,” Fawn said in her quiet tone. Mystery was rubbing against Darrius running her fingers of what was left of his dyed blue hair.
"Let's just go," I muttered. Mystery clasped hands with Darrius. Devin wrapped his arms around Fawn. I wrapped my arms around myself. It was still a shock to me that my skin was cold. Being part of the undead, having your family disown you. It makes me wish... it doesn't matter. I walked into the house where Tayla, my roommate (or coffin mate), was making out with some guy on the couch. I didn't bother interrupting I just ran up to my room. I sat on the window seat. I pushed my head on the cool glass pane. The moonlight shone on my face and I sighed as I tried to relax. “I heard you were in a bad mood.” I looked up at Devon, “I hate when you do that.”
“You should pay more attention.”
“Not like I would hear you, you’ve got that vampire sheath thing down pack.”
He grinned and his fangs and diamond stud earring glistened. Devon was absolutely flawless, from his smooth cocoa brown skin to his clear brown eyes. Devon had definitely been a big part of my life since moving to the house. He’s always taken me under his wing.
“What’s wrong? Still hungry or something?”
I glared at him, “No I’m perfectly fine.”
“Don’t seem fine.”
“Maybe I’m pissed because people keep asking me if I’m fine.”
“Okay, I can take a hint,” he walked towards the door, “You can talk to me.”
I turned back to the window. The crescent moon peered over the dark clouds in the sky. I shut the thick, dark drapes and grabbed my jacket from off the back of the chair. As I came down the stairs I noticed everyone had cleared out which was kind of appropriate since it was night. I stepped outside and breathed in the fresh air and started my walk to the Starbucks (even though I had turned vampire there were still foods I could eat). I walked in and sighed with comfort and the familiar smell of coffee. I ordered a peppermint coffee and a bag of their double chocolate chip cookies. I turned and ran smack into the guy from earlier, “You!”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?if you don't like his story i have others. There's something for everyone