Status: This story might get deleted :P

Symphony of Sympathy

Image

“Raven, he’s miserable.” Curtis whined into the phone.

“I’m sorry. I feel for him really, I do. I’m miserable too. But he hurt me, Curtis. He hurt me bad. And I can’t just forget that.” I sighed, tears forming in my eyes.

“Rave! It’s been two months! It’s obvious you two still love each other, can’t you just forgive him?”

“I’m sorry. I can’t.” I whispered. Curtis sighed.

“You have no idea how much he hates himself for doing that to you.”

“No, but I know how much I hate him.” I snapped. “Look Curtis. I just need more time; you know how bad my trust issues are. It took me a long time for me to open up to him and he turned around and broke my heart. It’s going to take a while. You might as well tell him to move on.” I said, my voice cracking at the last part.

“You know you don’t mean that.” He said.

“I know, I don’t.” I sniffed. “I have to go Curtis; I really can’t talk about this anymore.”

“Okay. You take care Raven. Maybe we can all get together sometime. Just like the old days. You know we miss you a lot.”

“I know, it’s just hard. You know?”

“I know. I love you Raven. Talk to you later.”

“Okay. Goodbye Curtis.” I flipped my phone shut and set it onto the counter carefully.

“God dammit,” I whispered, slamming my fist against the counter.” “Why does he do that to me?”

I turned around and slid down the counter slowly. I closed my eyes and tried to block memories of Oliver Scott Sykes from prying their way into my mind.

I failed.
  1. Chapter One.
    Oliver Scott Sykes.
  2. Chapter Two.
    Party? Maybe.
  3. Chapter Three.
    Attack.
  4. Chapter Four.
    The first date.
  5. Chapter Five.
    Hurt.
  6. Chapter Six.
    Matthew.
  7. Chapter Seven.
    Disaster.
  8. Chapter Eight.
    Suicide.
  9. Chapter Nine.
    New beginnings.