Tell Me Now If You Can Swim.

Horifically Delicious.

I shrugged quickly, “I have no fucking idea. Do you think I’d care if I didn’t get my period no, I’d be so fucking happy, I just.” I took a deep breath, and closed my eyes. I calmed myself a little; knowing that being shrill with irrationality wouldn’t help anybody. I buried my head in my hands, and took several slow, deep breaths. I focused solely on one thing. The last time I had my period.

The fifth of last month, most definitely. I locked eyes with Jessi, trembling slightly at the thought. “What day is it today?” I asked, lacing my fingers to keep my arms from visibly shaking. Jessi pulled her phone out of her pocket, and glanced at it for a second. She bit her lip, “The twelfth.” Her voice came out as a squeak. She knew I was dreading the answer.

It took me a second to register the newly acquired information. I was six days late, six FUCKING DAYS LATE. I breathed in deeply, and released a breath that shook my whole body. “Comfort me Jessi.” I sobbed, burying my head in my hands. Jessi sat down on the bed beside me and, wrapped her arms around my shoulders. “It’s alright Brooke, don’t cry. Everything’s gonna be alright.”

I sniffled a few times, and wiped my tears away. “I’m just scared about Ronnie’s gonna react.” Jessi rubbed my back soothingly, and whispered reassuring words in my ear. “Ronnie loves you; He’d be super excited about having a kid.” She told me, kissing my forehead slightly. “I love you Jessi, I don’t know what I’d do without you.” I mumbled into her arm.

Someone cleared their throat and knocked on the door softly, I raised my head and saw Ronnie peeking in. “Can I talk to Brooke please?” Ronnie asked, politely. Jessi gave me a questioning look, and I nodded. “Yeah I’ll give you guys some privacy.” Jessi smiled, squeezing my hand in reassurance. She walked out of the room, and closed the door behind her. Ronnie smiled, and plopped down on the bed beside me. “How are you feeling babe?” He asked kissing my forehead quickly.

Immediately I burst into tears, and Ronnie frowned, probably wondering what he did wrong. “Brooke what’s wrong baby?” He questioned, coaxing me to look at him. I shook my head, and buried it into his shoulder. “That’s exactly what we’re having.” I muttered, regretting what I said. It took Ronnie a few seconds before realizing what I said.

He pulled me away a couple of inches and searched my eyes for the truth. “You’re pregnant?” He asked, his face serious, and showing no sign of happiness. I nodded hesitantly, and Ronnie’s face broke into a smile. “Really?” He asked, bringing my hands up to his mouth, for a couple of small kisses. I nodded sniffling.

He grinned, and enveloped my forehead in a kiss. I knitted my eyebrows in confusion, “You’re happy?” I questioned, wiping my tears away. Ronnie nodded, “Are you sure? Did you take a test? Want me to buy you one?” He asked at a million miles per minute.

I smiled, “That’d be nice, on your way out tell Jessi to come in, okay?” I said, into his shoulder, while he held me tight. He pulled away ecstatic, “Wow a father, who would’ve thought.” He got off the bed, and planted a light feathery kiss on the top of my head. “I’ll be back in five, later.”

He walked out of the room, and moments later Jessi walked in. “You don’t even have to tell me, I saw his smile.” She exclaimed, jumping on top of the bed. I laughed, “Did he say anything?” I asked, crossing my legs. Jessi nodded, “He sang ‘I’m gonna be a daddy’ over and over on his way out.” She told me, her eyes sparkling lightly.

I placed my hand over my stomach, and smiled to myself. Soon my stomach was going to be huge, and very noticeable. I didn’t care about what my father would think, I was born the same way. My parents were young, and didn’t wear protection, and thus I was born. That’s when it hit me. My father wasn’t jealous, or wanted to ruin my happiness. He just wanted to spare me my teenage years.

He didn’t want me to have the same fate my mother did, being a teenage mother. Even though I was officially an adult, but in his eyes I was still his little Creek; Brookie baby. I sighed, “I feel really bad about how things went by with dad. He’s all we have.” I told Jessi, drumming my fingers on my flat stomach. I lifted the hem of my shirt up, and frowned. “I have to take this little baby out soon.” I said fingering my belly button piercing.

She laughed, “You’re worrying about that?” She shook her head, “Do you know how much labor hurts? It’s a fucking bitch.” She said, laughing harder. She threw her head back, and continued laughing. “Ha ha.” I laughed sarcastically. “Don’t laugh at me, sooner or later your gonna be in the same place as me so stfu.” I glared, poking her shoulder.

She calmed down, and locked eyes with me, “Touché.” She let out a deep breath, “So the guys are waiting for us downstairs, you ready?” I nodded, and bounced off the bed. “Only if you give me a piggy back ride.” She rolled her eyes, and bent down a little. “Hope on it, bitch.” I jumped on her back softly, careful not to knock her off balance, and she took us out of the room, and down the stairs.

In the living room sat all the boys, playing Xbox. I rolled my eyes, and cleared my throat. The boys snapped their heads towards me, contemplating what to say next. “Are you pregnant or is Ronnie just fucking living in his own little world?” Omar asked, staring at my stomach. I nodded quickly, “I think so, he went to buy a pregnancy test to make sure.” I explained, plopping down on my favorite armchair.

Like clockwork all the guys burst out arguing, they were so loud and so incoherent, I couldn’t understand A SINGLE THING they were saying. “Guys what the fuck are you fighting for?” I yelled over them. They all quieted down, and Jessi began laughing from Max’s lap. “I want to be the god father!” Omar yelled, poking his finger in Bryan’s chest.

“No I want to be the kids God father.” Bryan responded with just as much rage. “I’m fucking sexier so I get to be the God father.” Robert shouted, slamming both of their heads together. Max and Jessi just sat with each other laughing their heads off. I rolled my eyes, and buried my head my hands, I proceeded to weep falsely.

All the guys quieted down again, and stared at me, Robert, Bryan, and Omar rushed to my side, clinging to my limbs. Asking questions like ‘are you okay?’ and ‘what’s wrong?”

I lifted my head, “Now I’m okay, so just shut the fuck up.” I said, narrowing my eyes at the boys. They all sighed relived and went back to their seats to continue playing their stupid video game. “Ha, and we thought hormones were kicking in.” Robert laughed picking up the Xbox remote. I grabbed the nearest shoe and chucked it at him. It hit him square in the jaw, and he let out a hurt groan. “Damn Brooke what was that for?” He whined, rubbing at his jaw.

“For being a smart ass with curly hair, fag.”
♠ ♠ ♠
1,274 words
haha took me forever,
you better comment :DDD
if you do next chapter will be longer, well the next one from me.