Tell Me Now If You Can Swim.

We Make The Sun Shine.

While everyone was crowded onto the two couches in Ronnie's living room, I slipped away, and went upstairs to change. I grabbed a pair of sweat pants, and my grey hoodie. I rolled up the pant legs and put my hair into a pony-tail.

There was a knock at the door, "Come in." I called, slipping my flip-flops on.

Ronnie popped his head in, "Going somewhere?" He asked, entering the room.

I nodded, "I was hoping we could sneak away and take a walk."

Ronnie smiled, "Definitely."

He held his hand out, which I grabbed quickly. He lead us out of the room and down the stairs. "We'll be back later."

We stepped out into the crisp air, our hands clamped tight over each others. Ronnie pulled me closer to his side, the sun began to slip down towards the horizon. The only sound was coming from my flip-flops smacking the concrete.

We didn't know where we were going, we just let our mind take us there. Soon enough we arrived at the base of a tree we knew a little too well. We sat down opposite of each other, "A baby..." Ronnie muttered, his smile stretching from ear to ear.

"It's gonna be really hard Ronnie." I whispered, rubbing his thumb.

Ronnie shook his head, "It shouldn't be because we love each other."

"My parents loved each other, that didn't keep them from falling apart." I reminded him.

Ronnie's smile fell, he reached forward and pulled me into his chest. "Brooke when I said I do, I promised you that I'd be there no matter what. No matter how much the baby cries, no matter how much the baby poops, and no matter how much we fight, I'll never leave you. I love you too much, and you should know that."

Ronnie waited for my response, rubbing my back softly. I listened to the steady beat of his heart, and moved with each breath he took. "I love you, forever."

He kissed my forehead, "I'm just scared."

Ronnie placed his hand on my knee, "Why? Every thing's gonna work out fine."

"I can't help but be worried though." I sighed, and played with the hem of Ronnie's shirt.

As happy as I was, I was even more scared. The duty of being a parent was tough, and being a teenager didn't help. Neither of us had a job and having a child was pretty costly. I was in luck that school would be done with by the time I hit nine months.

Move with me.

The T.V made noise in the background, drowned out by the fan that kept Ronnie and I cool. Ronnie snored lazily, keeping me at ease. His hand rested on my stomach protectively. I closed my eyes for a few seconds hoping that sleep would come and whisk me away, but it didn't.

Apparently Sleep and I weren't good friends anymore.

I heard someone crash downstairs, followed by a long string of obscenities. Curious, I peeled Ronnie's hand off my stomach, and tip-toed out of the room. I walked down the stairs and saw Ronnie's dad in the kitchen eating a sandwich.

He didn't seem to notice me at first, but when I finally caught his eye, he stopped chewing. "Did I wake you princess?" He asked, placing his sandwich on a plate.

I shook my head, "No, I just couldn't sleep."

Ronnie's dad picked his sandwich up and commenced eating. "Having a baby...wow."

He grimaced slightly after wards, "I'm gonna be a grandfather..."

I chuckled, "A hot one at that."

At first Ronnie's dad laughed but then he turned serious. "You're not hitting on me are you?"

I nodded, "That'd be kinda weird."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's super short...
writers block :|