Status: one-shot contest entry.

Memories Fade Away.

1 / 1

I said I'd never forget your face; vaulted away inside my head and memories never seem to fade. You were the best part of my life; my last regret.

I still remember it as if it were yesterday, instead of four years ago. Alex, before you left, you were my world. I knew that you were all I needed. It's not your fault that I'm broken, or cry myself to sleep every night. I'm the one who told you to follow your dreams. It's not your fault that you scored a record deal and made it big. I haven't been with anyone else, but I know that you have. Do you even miss me? I know about all the girls, all the one-night stands. But it's okay, you're famous. I can't bear to look at any other guy, Alex. Because something about them will remind me of you.

Now, I've walked this line a thousand times before, it hurts too much to bear. For you, I'd tear out my own heart and write our names together.

Alexander William Gaskarth. I haven't even whispered your name since you left, in fear of my heart breaking again. Whenever I go to the park where so many memories still linger, I smile as I run my fingers over our names in the big oak tree. I would do anything to see you again, do you want to see me?

Your love is the barrel of a gun, so tell me, am I on the right end? I could be nothing but a memory to you; don't let this memory fade away.

Do you ever think about me, wonder how I'm doing? Or am I just "some girl" that you faintly remember? Do you even remember me at all? It kills me, kills me every time I hear one of your songs on the radio, hear someone say "All Time Low", or see a picture of you on a friend's Myspace profile. Do you even care how broken I've become?

And in the end we're turning on and off again. There's a look in your eye and it's screaming goodbye. I'd hate to watch you cry.

When you told me that you were leaving, I think you expected for me to be upset. On the outside, I was ecstatic. But on the inside, I wanted to hug you, cry, and never let go. The reason? I didn't want to see your face crumple in sadness. I didn't want to see tears roll down your face. I didn't want you to give up this opportunity for me. And because I love you, Alex, I don't regret that. I have one thing to ask of you, as I sit here staring at your picture:

Don't let this memory fade away.