Status: Inactive.

Help Me: My Name is Sara-Beth

-Chapter Two-

"I thought you were stopping, Sara?" Her friend sighed. She had just randomly showed up at Sara's house, knowing that she was probably alone, her mom out somewhere.
"Well.. That was the last time. I promise. I promise you. I promise on the life of my grandmother. And I promise myself. I will never, ever, smoke heroine again. Sara-Beth closed and locked the wooden box up, giving it, and the key to her friend.
"How do I know that you wont do it again?"
"I promise." She told her.
There was silence. Both were speechless.
In a more softer tone, her friend spoke out. "And what about.. you know.... the stealing...?"
Sara-Beth stole things. Just things. You may call her a kleptomaniac, like some. She can't help the fact that she "accidentally" winds up with other people's things, or just things that she's not supposed to have.
Sara was silent. She didn't want to reply to that. Didn't want to be reminded of her crappy decisions. She was raised badly, without a father. She had a speech problem until she was eight years old. She also learned to walk at a much later age then she should have, because her mother just simply didn't care. And she knew that.
"'Com on." Her friend said, grabbing her hand. "Lets go get some pizza." She smiled at her, and Sara-Beth smiled back, admiring the fact that someone still cared. She picked up her back pack, which she brought everywhere. It's contents were simple. Things you don't necessarily need to bring to a pizza place, but just in case. It held a toothbrush, hair brush, extra clothes, money, keys, her medicines, inhaler, and a picture of her and her dad, when she was just born. She thought about that picture for a few moments. How could he just walk on her? Abandon her like that?
No matter. She stopped thinking about it.

When they got to the pizza place, her friend ordered a medium, extra cheese pizza. And while no one was looking, Sara-Beth slipped off her back pack, and slid two, big bags of chips into her bag.
"Why pay?" She thought. She wouldn't tell her friend, even though she knew, some how, she would find out. Maybe.
Sara-Beth went and found a booth for them to sit at. She placed her book bag next to her and found that her friend had already gotten the pizza and sat down.
"Mm, this looks yummy." Her friend smiled and giggled a little.
They both took a slice, and a few chats, jokes, and laughs later, the pizza was gone.

A laugh came from the entrance of the restaurant. A woman's laugh.
"Oh, Carl, knock it off. Can't you keep your hands off of me for a second?" The woman giggled, grabbing the man's hands off of her ass. The man then mumbled into her ear, smiled, and wrapped his hands around her waist. She, too, smiled.
Sara-Beth, knew, at one glance. This was her mother. And this must be some guy she was banging. The only reason men usually stayed with her.
"'Com on, Becka. Let's go." Sara-Beth said, tense, grabbing her back pack and heading towards the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
The second chapter. Enjoyyy! :D