More to Life

Chapter 2

"Hey! How have you been?" I listened to him speak. He had the same voice. I mean, he sounded older, sure. But he had the same lightness in his voice that I remembered when we were young. "Yeah, of course I remember who this is. You were my best friend in high school, and then you graduated." I started to laugh a little at something he had said to me. "So, how are today Trace?" I paused to listen to what he had to say. I realized he really needed me at this moment. "Yeah, of course. I'll be there around one. OK, see you soon."

I took off running again to my house. When I got home, I went to my room and changed into my knee length loose skirt. It was white with a black vintage design all over it. Then I changed my shirt that said 'LiveLaveLive' on it in big white writing. Next I put on some shoes that were tan. People always told me that they reminded them of Peterpan. I let my hair down and put my eyeliner, mascara, and eyeshadow on. Then I grabbed my keys to my white mustang and started driving.
_______________________________________________________________________

I stepped up to the door and knocked. After a few seconds, the door opened and he was standing right in front of me. He was almost a foot taller than me with long light brown hair at least down to his shoulders. It was straight with a little wave at the ends. He was wearing a long sleeve button up plaid shirt. The top button was undone, revealing just a little bit of a big tattoo that he had on his chest. He was wearing black straight legged jeans and was bare foot. He had a tattoo of a peace sign on the top of both of his feet. I looked up at his face and saw that he had the same eyes. They still looked gentle too. His bangs were brushed to the side. He also had his septum pierced.

"Ally?" I shrugged and gave him a small smile. He just reached out to me and gave me a big hug. I could feel that he had some muscle. It wasn't like big time body builder muscle, it was more like an attractive muscle. He let go. "Please, come in." He smiled and let me in. I looked around the house, and noticed how nice it was. It wasn't to small, not to big, it was just right. I sat on the sofa.

"You have a nice place." He sat down on the sofa across from me.

"Thanks." He was staring at me with a smile.

"What? Why do you keep staring at me?"

"Oh. Uh, nothing.You just look different."

"Well, it's been eight years. I let my hair grow, grew a little taller and got angel bites. Well, I guess I didn't grow that much taller. You're nearly a foot taller then me." I laughed a little. "Other then that, that's just about all that changed." I smiled at him.

"Well, you look beautiful." He let out a little laugh.

"Gee, thanks. You look pretty good yourself." I smiled at him again. It was true.

"Thanks."

"Sorry about your wife." I didn't want to bring it up, but I wanted him to know that I cared. He looked at the floor.

"Yeah, me too." He looked back at me. "Do you want to go get some coffee?"

"Sure. I might have to fallow you. I don't know-"

"You can just ride with me."

"Oh, OK. Thanks."

"I'm just going to go put some shoes on." He got up and disappeared into the hallway.