I'll See Through You, Your Pale Blue Eyes

chapter1.

The day was steamy, despite the late afternoon sun hiding just beneath the horizon. My thin frame was clad in a tank top and shorts, but I was still warm as I hid amongst the grass and weeds outside the park. I watched the tall, lanky boy sit on the swing, his eyes distant as he obviously was deep in thought. I clutched my wand as I saw several boys walked up to him.

"Don't kill Cedric!" the biggest one laughed. "Who's Cedric? Your boyfriend?"

Harry Potter stood from the swing, with what looked like a long stick to the others, but what the boy knew to be a wand, at the biggest boy's neck. The friends laughed. I stood up, watching to see what would happen. I shivered as a breeze unexpectedly rolled in, along with clouds.

"What're you doing?" the boy yelled, scared.

"Nothing!"

All the other friends cleared out, afraid that they'd get caught in a sudden storm.

I knew that the clouds were not due to the weather, but to Dementors, coming to scare wizards of dark magic. I was one of the targeted. "Harry, go!" I called, walking toward him.

"Who're you?" he asked, examining me.

"Run home, Harry," I said again, looking at the large boy, who was looking at my wand that was sticking out of my shorts. "You're not safe here."

"Who are you?!" he asked, looking at the coming clouds. He, no doubt, knew what they were coming from.

"I can't let you know that now!"

He rolled his eyes. "I'm smart enough to know that someone that appears out of nowhere just as a bunch of Dementors pop up is never a good sign. Who are you?"

I glanced at the shaking Muggle. "Really, telling you about me with him here? He'd be scared out of his wits."

He shook his head then took off, not sparing me a second glance. I smiled. He was so cute. I took off after him, following him into a deserted bus stop. The Muggle boy glanced at me.

"She's one of your lot isn't she, Potter?" he asked, terrified.

Harry looked at me. "Are you?"

I nodded, holding out my wand. "It isn't for decoration."

"You're seventeen?" he asked, out of breath still from the run.

"Wizarding rules don't really apply to me as much as for you." I put the wand back.

It was too soon though, because a Dementor had just swooped into the tunnel, pinning Harry to the wall. Another was right behind him. My vision was blurred as the Dementor started sucking the life from me. I couldn't hear or feel anything but the cold Dementor's hissing breath. Something must have distracted one, because its hold let up just enough for me to get my wand out. Without even speaking, my wolf Patronous ran to the Dementor nearest me, causing it to fly away. Harry conjured his own, and together, the Dementors were scared away.

The Muggle was on the ground at the end of the tunnel. He was obviously very scared. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" Harry asked, pulling up the Muggle. "It's not your fault."

"It is, actually."

"No, I doubt it."

I helped him support the boy, but shook my head. "Don't doubt me. I'm rarely wrong."

"Wow. Someone has some confidence issues." He rolled his eyes. "So, why are you here?"

"To keep an eye on you," I said. "Make sure you don't do anything stupid."

"Oh. Someone sent you?" he asked, looking at me cautiously.

"Something like that."
♠ ♠ ♠
I have the next chapters done.
:D
Comment for updates.
[: