I'll See Through You, Your Pale Blue Eyes

chapter2.

I stopped thinking about the day that changed my life long enough to zone into the conversation between my father, Lucious and some unknown man. "—She's our one chance to get to him. She can get into his thoughts… into his heart even. She's an attractive girl. Smart, clever, cunning. Everything you are, my lord. But in a more tempting form."

My father hissed in rage. "So I should send my only daughter to him like lamb to the slaughter, Wilton? I know what those boys can do! I see the way men look at her. I've seen it in even Draco," he said to the two men.

Lucious shied away, but countered by saying, "Yes, but still, I've seen her look at Draco in the same way."

"Father, I can go." I looked at them, feeling like a small animal waiting to be eaten by much larger, vicious creatures. "It's not that different, really. I've talked to Harry before, even."

He turned his head slightly, as if he were a dog listening to its owner. "And when was this?"

I trembled slightly. I didn't mean for him to know. "When I was spying on him… I met him."

He grabbed his wand. "Why was I not told?"

"I didn't want you to know."

Wilton backed up from him as he stroked the wooden instrument. "My lord," he whispered, "see… she already knows him. She can be valuable."

Voldemort shook his head. "That's my decision."

"Father," I said, holding myself up. "I can take care of myself. Let me go with Draco, please? I'll even help him with the mission he's on."

"Distract him, more likely. I've seen you two together, and I know what goes on behind closed doors with you."

I smirked. "Well I'm sure that it'd be some other girl at Hogwarts, then. And wouldn't you rather it be me, Mr. Malfoy?" I asked politely.

"I would rather you be watching him than anyone else."

I smiled. "So, I guess that settles it. I'll go pack now, bye!"

I ran out of the room before anyone had a chance to object, so I just went up to my room at the Malfoy Manor. Draco was walking from the bathroom clad in only a towel when I just walked into my room.

"Hey, sexy," I smiled.

He smirked at me, leaning on the wall beside my door.

"Guess what?"

He raised his eyebrows.
"Wow… you're talkative today… But I get to go to Hogwarts!"

"Really, Adie! That's great!" He engulfed me in a hug, despite being wet.

"Yeah," I said. "But I'm not entirely sure."

"Not entirely sure," a snakelike voice said, "is right."

I bit my lip. Talk about awkward timing. "At least I told the truth, huh?"

Draco took a breath in, then excused himself into his room a door away from mine. "I'll see you at dinner, sir," he bowed before leaving.

Voldemort smirked. "You want to go."

"I do, father."

"You shouldn't want to," he said, turning toward the library. "It's a vile place."

I followed him quickly, knowing he'd just Imperious me if I didn't. There was no way to avoid the conversation. "But you went there… you told me it was the best place for you," I reasoned.

"I'll give you three conditions," he said, after sitting in the library and thinking for a few moments.

"Anything."

"One:" he started, "you must report any contact you have with Potter. Any and all."

"I promise," I said, nodding.

"Two: you must not interfere with Draco's mission. Only help him. And three, which is rather simple: you must have an Outstanding in all classes."

"I will, father," I said, nodding and kissing his cheek. "Thank you."

He nodded, then opened the door with a flick of his wand for me. "Be at supper on time, today, Adelaide."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short.
It was originally a part of one long chapter, but then the chapter was like three thousand words, and I didn't want to put that much out at one time.

And by the way, Adie is very powerful, also.
She can do things that most wizards can't, like putting force fields around herself. She doesn't know how powerful she is, though.