I'll See Through You, Your Pale Blue Eyes

chapter3.

Upon hearing the news, I left the room at a normal pace, but as soon as I left the threshold, I took off running to Draco's room.

"Draco! Open the door! Dracie!" I called, knocking on the wooden door.

"Bloody hell, Adie!" The door swung open, showing a nearly dressed Draco. He had a black shirt and green tie suit on, but his shirt wasn't done up, or the tie.

"I can go, idiot," I smiled, walking in and sitting on his king sized bed. "And all you can say is bloody hell?"

He smiled, (which was a rare sight) pulled me up and hugged me tightly. "I can finally keep you away from him…" he whispered into my black hair. He lifted me up and spun me before setting me on my feet.

"Thank you, Draco," I whispered, running my hand through his hair. "You've been like a brother to me, since I can remember. You're the only person who knows everything about me." I could have sworn I saw his smile falter as he turned away.

"You're the world to me, Adie."

I smiled, then walked to his dresser, examining the bottles of colognes and rings. I saw one ring in particular that I liked the best. It was a green gem, with two diamonds on either side, and smaller green ones on the other side of the diamond. It looked like it could have been for a girl, but was the guy version of a girl's ring. "Oh my god, Draco, this is amazing," I said, picking it up.

"Keep it," he whispered, suddenly from behind me. He laid his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my narrow waist. "It's yours."

I smiled and looked at the ring. I put in on my right hand ring finger, but it slid off. "Drake, it doesn't fit," I whined, pouting.

He pulled out a wand, that I assumed was a relative's and muttered an incantation to make the ring smaller. "Here," he smiled, holding it to me. He kissed my cheek.

He had kissed me in that way before, but it wasn't the same. Then, it was almost careless. Now, he lingered closer to my face longer, breathing in my scent before walking away.

I put the ring on my right hand ring finger. "I love it," I smiled as he finished getting ready. "Thanks," I whispered.

He tied his tie, then was ready to go down to our evening meal. "I really don't like this formal business."

I laughed. "And I do? I actually have to put energy into my appearance now," I said, examining my reflection in one of the paintings glass frame. My scalding blue eyes easily bore into the minds of most men, yet were often softer when I wasn't around adults, though more specifically when I was with Draco. My long blackish-brown hair was framed around my face in a beach-wavy way.

"You're always gorgeous, Adie. Don't let them say you aren't."

"Draco, please, just let it go," I argued. "I'm plain," I said.

"According to no one but your father," he said, looking at my reflection as well. "Everyone else sees… a spitting image of your mother, and your father (in his youth, obviously.) You aren't what your father wants you to think you are."

"My mum's dead," I whispered, looking at the reflection. "I never knew her."

"She was like you," he said, looking at me.

"How did you know her when I didn't?"

"When I was a little kid, she stayed here, when your dad was in hiding. And you were at the orphanage. She wanted you to stay with us, but he—"

"Is who he is. I know that part, Draco." I smiled sadly, taking Draco's hand. My father had put me in an orphanage for the first fourteen years of my life. While the Malfoy's could never adopt me, they could come visit, even take me on trips and holidays with them. I knew there was something different with me, even when I didn't know I was a witch. I could never be touched by someone who I didn't want to touch me. I could always make them stop, just by thinking about it. For the longest time, the only friend I had was Draco. "I wish I wasn't who I am."

He frowned. "Don't worry about it. If you weren't who you are, I'd never know you."

I smiled, then kissed his cheek. "I'm happy about that, Draco." I never was happy unless I was with him. In the school year, I'd send him owls, meet up with him in Hogsmeade, and spend all holiday with him. He was my best friend, if not more.

He smirked, and finished the journey to the dining room. I felt the eyes glue to us as soon as we walked in. I was used to it, but still uncomfortable about it. "Evening," I smiled to my father, sitting in my usual spot between Draco and Severus Snape.

He merely nodded; he was in a conversation with Draco's parents. I looked at the plate of salad in front of me, picking at it while listening to my father. He wasn't talking about anything I knew.

"So, you'll be joining us at Hogwarts," Severus said conversationally, looking at Draco and I.

"Yes. This September."

"I'm sure Draco's told you of his assignment for the Dark Lord. I don't want any interfering."

I rolled my eyes. "Sure, sure. Whatever, Sev."

"Adelaide," he scolded. "Please take it seriously."

I nodded, then looked up to see my father looking at me.

"Adelaide, I feel that if you are going to be assisting Draco, you should share honor."

I cocked an eyebrow, tilting my head slightly. "Honor?"

"Branding," he smiled, his crooked teeth filthy.

My hand instantly found Draco's under the table as I realized his meaning. He squeezed once, and used his other hand to rub my leg comfortingly.

"At school, won't they notice the Dark Mark?" I asked, putting on an innocent face.

"Don't show anyone."

I nodded, then stood up as my father motioned me to.

"Won't be a moment," he said, turning to the dinner guests. He went to the sitting room, pulling his wand out. "Really, I'm surprised this took as long as it did."

"What?" I asked, staying by the door. I looked at the numerous decorative figurines dance around the shelves.

"This… my only daughter becoming one of the chosen."

I laughed. One of the chosen? "I don't want to steal Dra- Malfoy's glory." My father hated when I called Draco by his first name. It showed how close I was to him.

"Oh, you won't," he said as he walked towards me. "Not intentionally, at least."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying to get more evilness out of Voldiepants, but I can't... yet.
I have an awesome idea for after the sixth book part of this story.
It's intense. But, I need to finish the first part... so comment!
And subscribe. :D