I'll See Through You, Your Pale Blue Eyes

chapter5.

I looked around Diagon Alley wearily. It had lost its cheerfulness and charm. While witches and wizards would roam around from shop to shop, now they only went to the necessary places. Many shops also were boarded up, and shady looking sellers were handing out pamphlets.

"Oh my God this place is a mess," Narcissa said, walking ahead of Draco and me.
As we passed Knockturn Alley, he looked down it, almost as if he wanted to go down it. "Mum, we need to go—"

"I know, but Borgin and Burke's can wait until you get some new dress robes," she said sternly, walking towards Madame Malkin's. Draco looked back down the Alley, at his mother, then back at the Alley. As he was about to walk away, I grabbed his hand.

"What's at Borgin and Burke's?" I asked, linking my fingers with his, grabbing his arm with my other hand and cuddling into his shoulder.

"The cabinet," he said quietly, keeping the information hidden from any listeners.

I nodded, understanding that he needed to fix them.

Narcissa, who had been pretending to examine a dress in Madame Malkin's shop, but she turned and frowned at us. "Adelaide, your father wanted me to tell you something. You and Potter will need to get to know each other during school."

I glared at her. "And I should care because…?"

"Just a precaution."

I raised my eyebrows. "I think that we should get some robes," I mumbled, changing the subject to avoid any silly conflicts.

Draco smiled and walked in, losing his grin as he saw the owner. She immediately got some dress robes for him to try on, shooing him into the dressing room.

"Adelaide, I don't want your father being upset at you," Narcissa said, sitting in a chair by the window.

"Narcissa, to be honest, don't try to act like you understand my father."

She pursued her lips, inhaling at the same time. "Adelaide, he may not act like it, but he cares for you."

I laughed out loud. "He cares because I'm valuable. And it's completely irrelevant."

"What you do with my son is in no way irrelevant."

"This is about Draco?" I asked. I'm sure my usually flawless face was contorted in discomfort. I was not about to have "the sex talk" with my almost, kinda boyfriend's mom.

She nodded vigorously, an expression similar to disbelief and doubt etched on her smooth face. "He's only making you get closer to Potter to push you away from Draco," she said. "I want you to be conscious of that when you talk to him."

I glared at a rack of robes as she spoke. For a second, I saw the robes shake as I concentrated. "I can still be with Draco even though I'm supposed to be secret agent for Potter."

She sighed and pretended to look at the Daily Prophet. I saw her and Draco's picture in one of the back pages, most likely about Lucious being in Azkaban. Of course, the man in Azkaban was a Muggle transformed into Lucious. He was too valuable to be in the prison. "Don't hurt him," she added, looking over the paper.

I once again laughed. "He's going to be fine, Cissy," I smiled, letting down my cautious, angry guard. "Have you seen what he's done at Hogwarts?"

She breathed out, glaring at the paper, although not for the headline. "I've heard."

Narcissa put down the paper and looked at Draco as he came out of the dressing room. She stood up and started talking to Madame Malkin, about what could be done about lengths and such.

No sooner had she started pinning up the robes, did the door ring. Draco's face turned upward in a snarl as she welcomed then in.

When I turned to see what made Draco so mad, I saw Harry Potter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short...
But comment!