I'll See Through You, Your Pale Blue Eyes

chapter6.

There were two people with Harry, who I knew as 'Harry's lousy sidekicks, the Mudblood and blood traitor,' according to Draco. Beside Harry, the red headed boy glowered at me. He was even taller than Harry, and still skinny. His red hair and freckles was an obvious sign of his family, even though I'd only heard of them. The girl was a little shorter than me, but still tall, and skinny. Her bushy light brown hair was left down near her face, but it still showed her black eye.

Harry examined me, his mouth slightly ajar as he saw who I was with. "Adie," he smiled, ignoring the snarl from Draco. Draco and Narcissa were the only people that called me Adie, Draco made sure of it. Harry's nickname would cost him.

"Hi, Harry," I said, a half smile on my face. I wasn't happy to see him, but I knew he'd expect me to act like it.

"Who blackened your eye, Granger?" Draco asked, feigning concern. "I want to send them flowers," he smirked, laughing at the girl. Harry and Ron both took out their wands, but the girl only frown at them and pushed them down.

I glanced at her, and smiled slightly at her. "I'm Adelaide," I said, holding out my hand.

She shook my hand wearily as she introduced herself as Hermione Granger.

When I held out my hand to the Weasley, he only glared at it.

"So… you wouldn't happen to be doing anything at the moment?" Harry asked, smiling widely.

I looked at Narcissa, biting my lip.

"Adelaide isn't doing anything, right now. Just have her back in an hour," she said, answering for me.

I hid my disappointment and smiled at Harry. I mumbled a goodbye to Draco, who was now being poked by Madame Malkin. As we both left, I heard Draco yell at her.

"Watch where you're poking that thing!"

I turned to see him holding his left forearm, glaring at the witch. He glanced at me, and then snarled back at her. In his eyes, I saw a speck of fear, but it had vanished before anyone else would have noticed. I subconsciously rubbed the area on my left forearm where I knew the mark was.

As we walked outside, I heard Harry whisper to Hermione, "She didn't even touch Malfoy. He's hiding something."

I rolled my eyes. "Bloody Merlin, Harry," I said, grabbing his attention. "Have you always been like this?"

"What?" He asked, turning to me. He seemed to have not realized I was listening.

"Seriously, at least wait to talk about the guy I'm living with until I'm out of earshot," I said, turning toward the shop again.

"Wait," Harry said, "you live with him?"

"Yes, Potter," I sneered, "I live with Draco Malfoy. Now stop accusing my best friend of being a death eater. Or I'll just leave," I added, starting to turn around.

"Wait, Adie," he said, grabbing my arm. "I'm sorry."

I looked back at him, then at Hermione and Weasley. Even after Harry had trusted me, both of his friends were still unsure of my motives. "I'm not sure your friends like me," I whispered to him as he grabbed my hand and led me to one of the stores.

"Eh, they're just jealous."

"I find that hard to believe."

"It's because you're all I've been talking about," he said, blushing as the last words came out.

I laughed and grabbed one of his cheeks. "Aw, did little Harry Potter miss me?" I asked in baby talk.

He blushed again and pushed my hand away. "It's just that I was hoping you'd come last year."

"Yeah, me too. It's just I couldn't walk into Hogwarts not knowing a bit of magic. I had some major tutoring."

"I could have tutored you," he said slyly. "I'm decent at everything."

"Harry, I was going from the magical skill of a three year old Muggle to a sixth year in less than a year." I smirked and added, "Besides, I want to be better than 'decent,' anyhow."

He frowned, and pushed me gently. "Stupid pureblood."

I smiled. "I'm not really that into the whole 'blood type' thing. And I'm not pureblood."

"Wow, with the gits you hang around with I'd never been able to tell," the Weasley said, turning around and glaring at both Harry and I.

I bit back the (even more insulting) insult I was about to throw at him, and said, "I'm sorry you're too shallow to understand that there isn't anything that I could do to hurt Harry that the 'gits' I hang out with have already tried."

"Oh, so you admit that you're one of them?"

I shook my head, backing up. "I'm not!"

"You've been touching your arm an awful lot," he said, taking a step towards me.

I backed up, although his step was larger than mine and put him directly in front of me. As he reached to pull my left sleeve back, all I could think about was how I wanted him to stop, and then, he flew across the street. My mouth dropped open as he lay on the road, and my eyes grew wide. "I didn't do anything," I swore to Harry.

"Yeah, just threw him across the street," Hermione exclaimed, rushing to his side.

I shot an apologetic look at Harry, then took off in the opposite direction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun.
Intense.
COMMENT?!
Hecks yeah.

But, my car, spyk3 died. He will be missed.
:[