Survival

Chapter 1

Lizzie’s P.O.V.
‘Guys, breakfast is ready!’ Stuart shouted as he walked into the conservatory where we had all slept the night before. I opened my eyes to look around the room cramped with people lounging over sofas and on pillows scattered across the floor. The smell of bacon drifted into the room as I stood up and wandered into the next room where Sam and Matthew were already sat with a plateful of food in front of themselves.

‘Good night sleep?’ Sam asked as I sat down next to him.

‘Well, apart from only getting half an hour - it was good.’ I replied.

‘Only half an hour? I got at least an hour.’

‘There are too many people in that room that snore.’

Matthew chucked under his breath. He was the main victim. I picked up the TV remote and flicked through the channels, each showing exactly the same thing – white noise. ‘Stuart your TV isn’t working!’ I shouted through the wall to him. He wandered through a second later to see what the problem was.

‘It will be the signal; maybe the weather is affecting it.’

‘The cold won't affect it, and there is no rain.’ Sam said as he looked out the window. I was surprised he didn’t have any ideas; he is the geek of the group.

‘I don’t have a clue what’s up with it then.’ Just then Julian walked into the room yawning.

‘Bit early for you isn’t it?’ Matthew smirked.

‘I heard the word breakfast and last night Stuart told me we had pancakes.’

The radio was acting the same way as the TV; every station I tried just gave out a loud annoying buzz.

Eventually everyone had eaten and packed ready to get the train home. Rucksacks and sleeping bags covered the kitchen floor as we tidied up the mess we’d made the night before and half an hour later most of us were walking down to the station, everyone else were getting lifts of their parents.

‘Where is the stupid train?’ Julian moaned fifteen minutes later. We were starting to get confused, we were the only people at the station and the train still hadn’t turned up.

‘Maybe we missed it?’ Holly suggested from Matt’s chest. The two of them were wrapped together to warm each other up from the cold winter air.

‘Not possible, we were here nearly ten minutes early.’

‘We got the train times wrong then?’

‘Possibly. We should go get a bus to town; they’re every five minutes unlike the train.’

We had no luck with the bus either and we knew it wasn’t because of the traffic as the roads were empty. Not one car had passed us on the stretch of main road we’d just walked along. There was no one in sight.

‘I say we go back to Stuarts and try getting lifts off other people’s parents.’

‘Lizzabethhhh! Your back!’ Harriet screeched as we walked into Stuart’s living room to find them playing Monopoly.

‘Does anyone have spare seats in their car? The trains and buses aren’t running.’

‘I do, but my parents were meant to be here 45 minutes ago.’ It seemed that everyone’s parents were late.

‘Stupid traffic.’ Pratik moaned. He wanted to get home and play on his Xbox.

‘It isn’t the traffic; there isn’t a car or person in sight.’

‘There is definitely something up. Stuart can your parents give us a lift?’ I asked.

‘I can’t find them. They’ve disappeared - but they aren’t out because the cars are here and they’re mobiles are in their bedroom.’

‘So where the hell is everyone? Why do we seem to be the only people on Earth at the moment?’ Pippa asked.

‘Maybe we are?’

‘But how could we be? What happened to everyone?’ Grace wondered. Suddenly a loud buzz came from the direction of the TV and I saw Stuart playing with the remote.

‘My parent’s record the news every morning at 5, maybe there is an explanation.’ A few seconds later the news flashed up.

’Strange things are happening all over the world, more people are disappearing every moment and no one has an explanation. People are saying Aliens are to blame. The newest information is that if people keep vanishing at the same rate there will be no one left on the planet in three hours.’

We all stared at the screen for a few moments listening to what the news reader was saying before suddenly she disappeared, along with the rest of the news reporters.

‘This is a joke right?’ Julian asked behind watery eyes. ‘Mum… she was on her own last night, she wouldn’t have had a clue what was going on. I need to go home to see if she left me a note… I can’t believe I left her alone last night.’ Tears were now pouring down his eyes.

‘It’s not your fault Julian, none of us knew what was going to happen.’

‘Right.’ Sam said taking charge of the situation, ‘We need to work out what happened last night, but until we work that out we need to stick together – we don’t know what is out there and anything could happen to us. We need to find a large house which we can stay in for now – we can take anything we need such as extra beds from houses near by. We will split up into three five’s and a six and we will drive to each of our houses and pick up anything we need, we can always go back later for everything else – we just need essentials; clothes, books, toiletries and any food you have. After we will meet at school as it is a large building which will be easy to defend if needed while we find a more suitable place to stay tonight. Once we have found somewhere we each take a car to a supermarket and stock up on as much food as possible – starting with fresh food as we can get tinned food at a later date.’
♠ ♠ ♠
You just lost the game.
Anyway, I hope you like my new story :D
Comments? Subscription? You know you want to :P