Forest Twins

The Forest

August sank her teeth into a ripe peach. She loved that smell and this time of year. It was the month that had her name or she should say she has the months name but the peach trees had delicious ripe peaches hanging off the branches She was perched on a high up one. She had figured out that the higher up u go the better the peaches. August stretched out on the branch the cool breeze pushing her red hair out of her crystal blue eyes.
BANG!
August jumped at the sudden loud noise falling but wrapping her legs around the branch so she was upside down.
"What the hell was that?! i almost fell!" She growled to no one in particular. She looked toward the noise and saw that a boy had stormed out of his house and had slammed the door. he was now heading into the forest (toward her). Well she wouldn't say boy. He looked like a teenager, sorta around her age.The breeze pushed her hair into her eyes and his auburn already messy hair away from his eyes that were an odd mix of green and blue but were beautiful in their own way.
August glanced back to the house to see and old woman making her way toward a car. A smile formed on August lips and she pulled her self back up onto the branch to jump down off the other side. It was a fairly far way down but she didn't care and landed on her feet with a slight thud right in front of the boy. He jumped back and gasped when she landed.
"Jeezum u scared the shit out of me." He puffed. He sounded more startled than angry.
"Well then were even." August said pointing and the tree.
"What?" The boy answered.
"I nearly fell and broke my head open because of the little tantrum you had back there." She laughed at the thought of a teenager throwing himself on the floor like a 5 year old and throwing a tantrum. It wasn't what happen but she had to admit she would have enjoyed it if it did.
The boy looked back down at the house through the trees. "Oh."
"Hm." August watched him and curiosity surfaced. "Why were you so upset anyway?"
He gave her a long look then shook his head." Nothing"
"Oh come on" She rolled her eyes and grinned.
"Do i know you? i don't remember you living around here." He asked giving her a curious look.
"Oh i see how it is you don't answer my questions but i have to answer yours?" August laughed then shook her head.
" I was just mad at my parents ok?"
"Oo that was a half ass answer but fine my name is August." She said turning to leave suddenly wanting to get back home.
He jogged after her. "I'm Tucker."
"Oh your going to follow me now?" August asked stopping suddenly.
"Well ya i really don't got much better to do you know." He shrugged. She watched him for a second than glanced back to the spot were the car was now long gone.
"...Fine" She said starting to walk again.
"You live in the forest?" He asked looking around as the trees started getting taller and the forest floor got darker as the leaves blocked the sun.
"Ya were did u think i lived on the moon?" August asked starting to get irritated. Her sister was going to kill her for bringing him home. Oh well.
"Oo snappy chill i just didn't know anyone lived back here." He answered "actually i don't think I've been to this part of the forest..."
The familiar sound of rushing water made her smile and she walked into the small clearing. A large waterfall appeared flowing into the river below working the rock down. Tucker stared at the waterfall in awe.
"I never knew this was here!" He gasped.
"Come on cub scout." August teased as she walked toward the waterfall.
"Um to were?" He asked looking around. Suddenly she vanished. Tucker ran toward the waterfall panicking thinking she must have fallen in the river. As he got closer he noticed that there was a narrow path between the water and the rock and a bit farther down the path in the middle of the large rock was a opening. August stuck her head out of the opening to see tucker slowly making his way to her.
He reached the opening and peared in with a shocked look on his face.
"This is your house?..."