Starting to Get An Attraction

Six.

I hugged my mom and closed my eyes, inhaling the scent of jasmine that was so my mom. I was genuinely glad to see her. It sometimes seems as if I barely get to see her. I’m reminded of my childhood, there’d always be music blaring at home (Mom and Dad were hooked on music like me) , loud to the point where the neighbours stopped complaining, as if hearing Welcome to the Jungle or Smells like Teen Spirit was a normal part of everyday life. Then my parents never really put any restraints on my sister and me.

“Baby, aren’t you going to introduce me to your new friend?” my mom asked, looking over my shoulder. I rolled my eyes, knowing full well that even know that’s what she said what she really means is “Baby, you brought a single good looking boy here? Thank God!”

“Mom, this is—,” I started but Mom stopped me, her eyes, so similar to mines, widening.

“Well Hell! Lead singer of Avenged Sevenfold! It’s so nice to meet you!” she exclaimed and hugged Matt enthusiastically. Matt seemed shocked by my mother’s actions but hugged her back.

“Nice to meet you too Mrs…? Huh, Ria you know you never told me your last name,” Matt said.

“What? Ree baby how can you go on a date with this nice boy and not give him you own last name? Especially when he’s so handsome!” Mom scolded me. I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. Oh God.

“Mother, this is not a date!”

“Don’t listen to your daughter, of course this is a date,” Matt said grinning toothily.

“You know, ever since childhood she’s always been a tad bit in denial about these things.”

“Anyways, I’m Julie Carson, my husband, David, and I own this shop, although I’m sure Ria never told you this either. The poor child neglects such important things!”

“You’re so right ma’am, she’s never told me these things. Why don’t you pull a seat and tell me about other things that Ria may have neglected to tell me.”

I gaped at the two of them. Before I knew it, Matt and my mom was sitting down chatting up a storm about me and this is me, like a fish out of water only opening and closing my mouth, feeling embarrassed. And he’s enjoying it! God, he’s relishing the stupid stories mom’s telling that makes me want to crawl into a hole and never resurface.

“Oh dear, look at the time,” my mom suddenly said looking at her small silver watch that she got as a Birthday gift from my dad. “Oh Matt honey it was so nice to meet you but I have to go. You two have fun.”

As mom got up, both Matt and I hugged her. She sent me a look and I knew that I was going to pay her a visit later or else she’ll go and pester Matt, and Lord knows what she’d say to him without me there. We watched as she left.

“I didn’t know your mom knew about the band’s music,” Matt said finally.

“Both my parents actually, they’re music freaks,” I explained. He nodded.

“That was pretty fun, meeting your mom.” I stared at him, unblinking.

“That. Was. Mortifying!” I exclaimed. My cheeks were heated from embarrassment.

“That was great!” Matt said in protest, his hazel eyes twinkling. I glared at him.

“Yeah right, you weren’t the one embarrassed to death! And you! You were playing right along. You’re twisted you know that?” Matt burst out in laughter and I just kept on glaring at him, twisting my mouth.

“You’re so easily embarrassed, blush quickly and a bit awkward. It’s so different from the girls I meet,” he said.

“Yeah, I’m sorry. I’m not someone who’s used to guys and stuff. I guess you think I’m pretty stupid,” I said looking at the menu neither of us had glanced at before.

“I think it’s cute and refreshing, and,” his voice dropped low and husky, “when I think of you ‘stupid’ is definitely not the word that comes to mind.” My mouth went dry and I looked up, only to get caught in his spider web of a gaze. His eyes were filled with something that I’ve never seen before and it made me feel…pretty damn sexy. I swallowed and looked back to the menu. I felt like melting into a pool of goo and I don’t like it. I’ve known Matt for a short period of time but if he can make me feel like this, then he’s very, very dangerous. I should save myself the heartache.

“Maybe we should,” I stopped and swallowed again, “look and see what we’re going to eat.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I changed the POV but I unno. At this point in time, I'm still figuring out how I want to write and I think First person is nicer; I can get out more words in First Person.

Anyway, comments??