Status: Definately going to be finishing this ... writers block.

Blackout

Bud. Baseball. And A lot On My Mind

I walked into my house and immediately sat down on the couch in the living room. Auston and I had went for another stroll in the forest. Things were definately weird for me, but I chose to ignore it all for now. I pushed Auston to the back of my mind as I watched my father finally come out of the place he had been hideing for so long. He nodded at me and began to walk again.

"Daddy." I said. I watched him stop and then back up again until he was faceing me.

"You're talking?" He asked surprized. His face went beat red and he smiled an eye to eye smile. I hadn't seen my dad this happy since ... ever.

"Daddy, I've been trying to talk to you for a while now. It's been almost two weeks." I said standing up from the couch. His reaction was so strange to me, I had never seen him act like that. He went from confusion, to anger, to hurt.

"Why hasn't anyone told me this before?" He asked stunned.

"Mom and I have been trying to get you out of the garage ever since I started talking, but it was like no one was even there, like you couldn't hear us." He hugged me so tightly I couldn't breath.

"I'm so sorry Amber. I've been so caught up in that damn hole that I haven't payed much attention to anything else." I could feel his tears on my cheeks and I started to cry too.

"It's okay Daddy. I promise." I said and then he finally let go of me.

"Bud. We should celebrate." He said. I smiled.

"Baseball?" I asked.

"You sure know me well." I laughed.

"Lets just hope I haven't lost my touch." I said wrapping my arm around him as we walked out to the garage to get the stuff and then we headed down to the diamond. It felt like a millions years ago that I had talked to him.

When we got home from baseball, dinner was set up at the table and smelling delicious. My mom sure went all out for my dad finally responding to human comunication. It seemed odd though considering I was the one who couldn't literally talk for 3 years.

Baseball was fun, dad beat me but I'm sure that if I played enough I would be able to rip him to shreds again. Oh the good ol' days. My dad hadn't changed a bit, and we even grabbed some ice cream after the game, just like we always used to do.

Once we were all sat down at the table, mom served us the food, and again reminded us that we were dirty. I felt a lump in my throat rise when I expected to hear Scott talk, but I didn't hear anything, reminding me that he was still missing.

Yum, fresh baked bread and spaghettie. The noodles tasted so good that I ate everything off of my plate in less then 10 minutes. "You were hungry." My mother said once she noticed I was done eating.

"Haveing a lot on your mind can do that to you."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I wanted to have a father daughter scene for this chapter.
hope you like it. =]