Shattered Mirrors and Destructive Spells

1/1

I watched him run away from the Great Hall. I now knew that Voldemort was controlling him and how he plans on using Draco for his benefit. I can guess that it is something pretty bad before Malfoy had to charm a student over it.

He crashed through the big wooden doors of the Great Hall and ran down the corridor. I decided to follow him and question him. I had to sprint after him to keep up. He turned into the prefect's toilet. I entered and it was a heartbreaking sight.

Draco Malfoy was hunched over a sink. He splashed water on his face and looked in the mirror. It was then I noticed he was crying. I felt the need to go and comfort him but this was my arch enemy. He doesn't deserve to be comforted after everything that he has done. He deserves it.

"Enjoying the show, Potter?" He sneered.

"It was you. You charmed the necklace that was intended for Dumbledore. Trying to kill him, Malfoy?"

He never replied. I took this as a yes and my jaw literally dropped.

"You were, weren't you? Voldemort asked you to take out the second most powerful wizard in the world?"

He just stared at me with hatred.

"And what are you going to do about, Potter? Go and tell him?"

He turned round and stared at me with puffy red eyes. He drew out his wand but before he could do anything I took out mine.

"Expeliarmus!" I yelled.

He blocked it.

Ah crap, I thought.

Before I knew it, spells were being cast and countered all over the prefect's bathroom. Mirrors were breaking and toilet cubicles were being destroyed. And then there was silence.

I was on the floor at one end of the bathroom and I couldn't see Malfoy. I crawled to the corner and peeked round it. A spell came flying towards be and it barely missed me. I got back on my feet and another spell flew towards me.

"Sectumsempra!"

Draco crumbled to the ground, screaming in pain. I just watched with terror in my eyes. That wasn't supposed to happen. I just remembered it from the Half-Blood Prince's potions book and used it. I forgot all about what the effects of it did.

Blood seeped through his shirt and onto the floor. I walked up to him and crouched down.

"Happy now, Potter?" He stuttered through screams of agony.

I didn't want anyone to come and help so I used a silencing charm to muffle his shouts. I looked him in the eyes and saw the pain that he was in. I immediately felt guilty but I couldn't avert my gaze. I never realised how beautiful his eyes are. A grey colour with icy blue flakes around the edges. Really pretty.

I felt my heart clench at the amount of blood there was. I done a quick spell to tidy up the blood and couldn't think of a healing spell as my mind was clouded with thoughts. Like why the hell I cared about Malfoy and why I referred to his eyes as beautiful. I took the silencing spell off of him and he just looked at me.

"What not going to finish me off?" He had a scared look on his face. Scratch that, he looked fucking terrified.

"Don't worry, I am not going to do anything else. I didn't mean to do that."

I remembered a pain relieving spell so I muttered it and the pain went away in Draco's eyes. I moved some of his platinum hair away from face and his eyes got wider, emphasising the blue particles.

"Wh-what are you doing?" He stuttered.

"Sh sh sh it will be alright." I said. To be honest, I had no idea what I was doing or what I was saying. "You have really pretty eyes."

I blurted that one out. I looked as shocked as Draco did.

"I'm sorry. I'll just go now."

I stood up fast and prepared to run out of the toilets when I felt a tug at the bottom of my trousers. I glanced down and saw Draco was pleading with his eyes to not let me go.

"I always thought that emerald eyes were beautiful." He gazed at me with an unreadable expression and I felt my cheeks get hot.

"Th-thanks, I guess."

His cheeks got a slight pink tinge to them. He sat up and cringed. Not from the pain, but the amount of blood all over him. Some of it had gone crusty and it was a dreadful smell but neither of us had noticed the smell.

I went to open his shirt so I could inspect his wounds. He went to open it at the same time and our hands collided. It was a kind of stinging sensation and made me pull my hand back fast. We both gasped and stared at one another.

He grasped my red and gold tie and pulled me down towards him. I felt his soft lips on mine and froze. I wasn't sure what to do but responded a second later. It was filled with passion, intensity and lust. My tongue grazed his lips, begging for entrance and then it was a battle for dominance and exploration of both of our mouths.

I pulled away for breath and glanced at him. He had a smirk on his face and I grinned.

"Well that was fun." He said, jokingly.

"Yeah, it was... nice."

It was a lot better than nice but I wasn't about to admit that to Draco. I came to my senses once the cloudiness had disappeared.

"Let's get you to the hospital wing."

I stood up and held out my hand. He took it and I pulled him up and he put his arm around my shoulder so I could help him walk.

"So what happens now?" I said, curiously.

"What do you mean what happens now? I have claimed you as mine and that is the end of that."

I looked at him and he gave me his signature smirk. I smirked back and we walked - well I walked, he hobbled - to the door of the bathroom. I put my arm around his back and he clasped my hand. Draco grinned at me, his grey eyes showing nothing but love and adoration.

I looked around at how much damage we caused.

"I guess we used a lot of destructive spells in that little duel." He exclaimed.

"Yeah, and look at all the smashed mirrors." I concluded.