Magic Cove

Prologue

Focus in on Emilio Rikistone who is sitting at his desk in his study when his young daughter named Adrena came in the room. She wanted to go outside to play with her friends. He said sure. As she skipped out of the room, he felt a feeling of sadness wash over him. He never felt that way before. He picked up his wand and pointed it at himself. He thought the words ‘be gone’ and his feelings were. If you haven’t guessed by now he was a wizard. His daughter Adrena was sixteen and turning seventeen next week. That would be the day he presented her with a slim box. In it would hold the wand in his hand. It was tradition and has been ever since 4 decades ago when his great grandfather ran into a powerful wizard who cast a spell upon him. The spell bound him to giving his son a wand. The wand held great power. He would get it on his seventeenth birthday. Then his son would pass it on to his child and so on and so forth. It turned out that Emilios grandfather bore a daughter, his mother. Then he got it. Now that he had a child he would pass it on to her. Adrena would pass it on to her son and he would pass it on to his son and his son would pass it on to his daughter who would pass it on to Hannah Thomas. The box that he was to put it in had been signed by every person who it was given to on the day they got it. So next week Adrena would sign it and on the day her son Michaelo got it he would sign it. Emilio was dreading this though. This step up would mean Adrena would hold great power and he wasn’t sure she was ready. Then again neither did she. She would not be able to talk to her friends about it although that would change with her son’s son. No one knew about it. No one could ever know. And he knew this. He thought this was how it would be forever, but he was wrong.

There were dark forces out there and Hannah would unleash them. Correction: Hannah’s choices would unleash them. She would have to fight them using only her witches’ power. She could use people but if no one was allowed to know, that means she would have broken the rule. Either way she would get hurt and little did Emilio know that Hannah’s mother, his great times four granddaughter would change that forever. Everytime a mother in this family gave birth to a child, they died. Hannah’s mother didn’t. That changed the rules. Now there is no longer a certain set of rules if someone could break that.

Now focus in on Adrena playing with her friends. She is sixteen and is playing soccer in her friend Stephinons’ backyard. Her other friends are Mickala and Transci. It is two on two and Adrena is going in for the winning goal. She gets ready to kick it and when her foot connects with the ball, a strike of lightening comes down and hits the tree that is 10 feet away from her. She screams for terror, then screams for joy as she realizes she made the goal, then screams for terror once more. The tree is falling towards her and she tries to move, but finds she can’t. All of a sudden Stephinon jumps and pulls her out of harms way and they land on the ground. Mickala and Transci had run home when the tree had started to fall. Focus back on Stephinon and Adrena. Stephinon leans down and kisses her. Realizing he just gave truth to the rumors of him liking her, he jumped up, pulled her up and ran inside. Truth was if he could’ve seen Adrena’s heart right then, he would have stayed and she would have kissed him back. There had been no rumors that it was mutual love between the two, but there would be. Now that Adrena knew that he liked her, she would go for it. It was not uncommon that sixteen-year-old girls get married and have kids. And that was what she planned to do, if only she knew how.

Focus in on the party Adrena had been invited to the next night. It was a big party and there were a lot of people there that Adrena didn’t know. However she knew three very well: Stephinon, Mickala, and Transci. And tonight was the night she would express her feelings to Stephinon. If only for the right moment. So later that evening when she found Stephinon, she flirted. He didn’t know that she liked him, but he would soon find out. She led him into an empty room, told him her feelings and showed them. Later that night, she came home and told her father all about it. Emilio was very happy for her and supported her decision to keep the baby.

Focus in on the dark forces. They are watching the conversation between father and daughter excitedly. Another one was coming.