The Detective

The Detective

Light closed his lap-top, feeling tired. He had spent hours working on the same problem, finding no logical solution, he was mentally exhausted. He said good-bye to everyone in the task force headquarters. He, Light Yagami, was working as a detective in a very important case, even though he was only 17 years old.

He was on his way out when he found him: L, one of the 3 best world wide known detectives and the weirdest man he had ever met. His appearance was quite unique: his skin was too pale to be healthy. It made contrast with his black messy hair which fall carelessly into his face; he was way to thin. But of all, his most noticeable feature were his big, dark eyes which were decorated with big black rings underneath them because it was well know that the detective almost never slept. All together, he looked so weird, but yet so unique, so... beautiful and attractive...

Light mentally slapped himself for thinking of L as "beautiful and attractive"; he could not find a man attractive, and within all men, he could not find attractive L, his weird working partner...

When Light got home it was around 1 o'clock. He put on his pajamas and went to sleep, falling into a deep and pleasant sleep. All night long, he dreamed about L, but he was too tired to remember it when he woke up. Even though he could not remember the dream, deep inside of him he knew that he was trying to deny the undeniable attraction that L and his mysterious halo produced inside him.

As soon as he woke up, he showered and dressed up. Minutes later he walked to the task force headquarters.

-"Good morning Light-kun" L said as he entered the room.

-"Good morning Ryuuzaki" said Light. Ryuuzaki was L's pseudonym, to keep his identity secret.

Light sat down and started his work again. He was working in a very important case known as "the Kira Case". Kira was a serial murderer who killed criminals to create his perfect world. His killing methods were a mystery, his victims just seamed to die of a heart attack.

Everyone was concentrated into their work when L's voice broke the silence:

-"I see no improvement in this investigation." he said as a conclusion " I think Kira must be among us, that's why I have an idea to prove everyone's innocence. Everyone will live here, in this hotel we have made our headquarters, every room has surveillance cameras.... Light-kun, you know you're my prime suspect of being Kira, don't you?"

-"Yes Ryuuzaki"

-"That's why you won't be in a private room like anyone else..." As soon as he said so he took out a pair of handcuffs and cuffed himself to Light "This way we will never be far of each other and I will be able to see everything you do until I am sure you're not Kira."

Light could not believe this. How was it possible that he will be attached to L all day long for an indefinite time? His head was full of different thoughts: in one second he hated L for doing this to him and the next one he was exited of being with L 24/7... <<What the hell is wrong with me?!>> he thought.

It was late at night when everyone went to their own rooms. Light seamed lost in this thoughts.

-"What's wrong Light-kun?" L asked.

-"It's nothing, is just.... I don't want to be chained to you!"

-"Oh... I swear I am not as disgusting as you think I am..."

-"I don't think you're disgusting, it's just...." Light was unable to finish the sentence because he was lost in the detective's beautiful obsidian eyes.

-"Just what?

-"Nothing... I'm just tired..."

-"Well, then lets go to sleep..."

Light just nodded and followed the older man into their bedroom. It was very big and luxurious with a gigantic bed in the middle of it. Tired as the were, they both went straight to bed but somehow neither of them was able to sleep. Light pushed himself to lay as far as possible for the detective's body.

Around 4 a.m. a strong storm started, lowering the room's temperature. Both of them where shivering. Light brushed his warm hand into L's body, he was surprised when he noticed that his bedmate was as cold as a corpse. This event somehow triggered some protective instinct inside his brain which made him hug L tight into his own body. L hugged him back. Light was surprised by the reaction because he thought that his room-mate was asleep.

-"What are you doing?" L asked in a whisper.

-"I... Sorry I just thought that maybe you where could..." he said as he quickly let go of the detective's frame.

-"I am cold... Would you hug me again?" he whispered with innocence in his voice.

Light didn't need to be asked twice, He immediately hugged L close to him.

-"Thank you" L whispered.

Light hugged him tighter and in a rush of a sudden emotion, he kissed him in the cheek. Despite there was almost no light, Light noticed the detective was smiling. He almost never smiled. Both of them fell asleep in that tight hug.

Light woke up almost when the sun rose, L was still sleeping. Light watched him sleep, absorbing with his eyes every detail of the other boy's sleeping figure, every feature of him looked gorgeous to his eyes. Within his mind this event triggered many questions: <<Am I gay? Do I like L more than as a friend? I want to kiss him... Should I? Am I gay?>> The sound of movement beside him made him come out of his thoughts.

-"Good morning Light-kun" He said. Light did not answered him, he was lost in the odd beauty that the contrast of L's dark eyes and pale skin made. In that moment the answer to the questions he had made himself some minutes ago: <<Yes, I'm gay. I like L but I don't know if he likes me back. Maybe I should kiss him, but not now, it is not the right moment...>> He smiled to himself.

-"Good morning Ryuuzaki..."

The day wen by slowly, like any other day. Light was working hard, but every now and then he broke his concentration to stare secretly to the man seating beside him. Late at night everyone in the headquarters left to their bedrooms, L and Light stayed there discussing some ideas about the case.

-"I guess our work is done for today." he announced " Light, would you please come with me to the building's roof?"

<<As if I had the chance to say no...>> Light thought, he did not like the heights and neither the rooftops. Anyway he nodded and both of them took the elevator into the roof.

Up there it was cold and wet because all day long it had been rainy, but in that moment it was not raining. Light shivered, he did not liked being up there. L was staring into the horizon, he looked abstracted into his own mind. His thoughts were as dark and grim as the weather. Light was staring at the detective, trying to guess and understand his thoughts. L looked sad and lonely.

It started raining, Light did not wanted to be wet and cold, so he decided that they needed to go inside the building.

-"Ryuuzaki, lets go inside, we're getting wet..." he got no answer "Ryuuzaki, come on..." Light needed to touch his shoulder and shake him a little for L to react.

-"Yeah... whatever you want...." he said, distant. His velvet-like voice was grim and with loneliness dripping from every word.

-"Are you okay, Ryuuzaki?"

-"Actually, I'm not..." he whispered "I... I just feel very lonely..."

Light felt how a feeling of tenderness towards the detective started filling up his body. With a quick movement he kissed L's lips. The detective felt paralyzed by the new sensation. It was the first time anybody had ever kissed him. It was something so new to him, yet so pleasant. L reacted: he kissed Light back as he had seen in movies so many times. He knew he was supposed to close his eyes, but somehow he was unable. His detective instincts needed visual evidence that someone had actually kissed him which meant that for the first time in his life, someone actually cared about him and that maybe, in time someone will actually love him.

The kiss came to an end. Both boys were lost inside their thought, they were awesomed by what they just did. The were both in a death-like silence.

-"You... You kissed me..." L said, not believing what had just happened.

-"I... I shouldn't have done it..." said Light apologizing "I'm sorry... I will never do it again...."

-"Why? Didn't you like it?"

-"What? I loved it but..." Light said going bright red.

-"Then, would you mind if I do it again?"

Light couldn't believe his ears.

-"I would love if you do it again..."

-"Perfect" L said.

As soon as he stopped talking he hugged Light tightly and he sweetly kissed his lips, this time he closed his eyes. Both f them enjoyed the kiss like they had never enjoy anything in their whole lives. The kiss became long and passionated but, naturally, it came to an end. Light took L's hand and intertwined his fingers with the detective's. L was smiling.

-"Did you noticed? We're still standing in the rain and we are all wet. Lets go inside to our bedroom." Light said.

L nodded, and they walked inside the building hand-in-hand and with a smile on their lips. Both of them knew this was the start of something great.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is it... That's all the story... please comment if you liked it... also if you didn't...
Its my first one-shot and my first deat note story
please comment