Curiousity Killed the Cat

Can You Feel the Love Tonight?

I was being stupid.

I mean, not book smart wise more like common sense, relation ship wise. If you love someone, you would wan to spend time with them, correct? You wouldn’t be avoiding them with no reason except that you love them.

Right?

Which is what I am doing and I feel like an idiot. Mostly because it’s a stupid reason to avoid him and because he knows. Oh yes, Harry knows that I’m avoiding him. Not like it was hard to figure out, seeing as whenever he’s near, I ran the opposite direction, usually falling over something loud and attention-bringing.

Which might explain why Harry dragged me into his room and stood in front of the door, giving me no escape. Damn.

“We need to talk,” he said, his voice hard but not angry. More like annoyed.

I gulped. “Why?”

Harry sighed. “Why are you ignoring me?”

I blinked. “I’m not ignoring you.”

“Elyse, stop it,” he said, snapping a bit.

I knew that I was guilty but I didn’t want to blurt it out to him my actual feelings. We had been dating for a couple of weeks and I love him? Not sure if that’s how it usual goes in relationships.

I sighed. “I’m sorry.”

“Just tell me why you’re ignoring me?” he said, his voice softer than before.

“I don’t know why,” I said, my voice cracking only a bit.

“Elyse,” Harry said, walking towards me and sitting on the bed next to me. “Talk to me.”

“No,” I said, stubbornly, turning away from him.

“Fine, don’t talk to me,” he said, laying back on the bed, closing his eyes in frustration. I felt guilt wash though me, causing me regret my stubbornness.

I laid down next to him, staring at the ceiling. “I’m sorry.”

“Will you tell me why you are ignoring me?” he asked, eyes still closed.

“No,” I said, truthfully.

“Is there a reason?” he asked, his voice a bit harsh.

I bit my lip. “Yes.”

Harry was quiet for a few moments, before rolling on top of me (get your mind out of the gutter) and pinning me to the bed, a small smile forming on his face.

“Will you tell me now?” he asked, leaning in close to me.

I gulped. “No?”

A small smirk danced across his face as he leaned down, his lips brushing against my neck, trailing up my neck ever so slowly. I knew what he was trying to do; he was doing the same thing he had done to make me produce a Patronus. He was tempting me.

“Please?” he asked, his lips on my neck.

“You wouldn’t care,” I muttered, so low I hoped he wouldn’t have heard me. Of course, I didn’t take it to mind that he was literally about three inches away from me when I said that.

“Try me,” he murmured, his lips brushing up against mine. I closed my eyes, weighing my choices in my head, which really didn’t do me any good. Either I tell him and he feels the same way and/or he doesn’t. Or I don’t say anything and he gets mad.

I took a deep breath, well as deep of a breath I could with his lips basically on mine. “Iloveyou.”

He pulled back, raising an eyebrow. “What did you say?”

I felt my heart drop; he didn’t feel the same way. He thought I was moving too fast, oh shit. Might as well tell him now. “I love you, I think.”

Before I could think about what I had just told him, his lips were on mine, causing my mind to go slightly hazy. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, pulling him closer to me. I would have preferred to just continue kissing him, rather than hear what he has to say, but he pulled apart from my death grip and grinned.

“You love me?” he said, raising an eyebrow at me but his grin never faded.

I sighed. “Yes, I do.”

“I love you, too,” he said, leaning in but then pulling back. “even if you do wear neon socks and are stubborn and--”

“I get the point, thank you,” I said, rolling my eyes. “I hate you sometimes.”

Harry grinned. “Ah, but you also love me for the rest of the time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes out to AlexIsolated because of her comment!
Next one should be out soon!
Leave comments!
:)