Curiousity Killed the Cat

Pulling A Weasley

“You guys are either the biggest idiots I’ve ever met, or the greatest wizards known to the world,” I muttered, setting up another firework. Fred and George decided that they were done with Hogwarts and I don’t blame them. They had grabbed me on my way to breakfast and told me of their plan but some of the, er, items needed a bit of tampering so I offered my services.

“Ah, how we will miss our little Lys,” Fred said, grinning at me.

“Our partner in crime,” George added.

“Are you kidding me? You better write over the summer or I will hurt you,” I threatened, a smile forming on my face. Thankfully, they had a reason to do this much damage; they were creating a diversion for Harry so he could talk to Sirius, or something like that.

Got to love them.

“Ready?” I asked Harry, who looked like he was going to be sick soon.

“It’s now or never,” he muttered before running off. Just then, about a hundred fireworks exploded, whizzing around the hallways and hitting some of the Slytherin. Everyone ran out to watch this, leaving Harry to escape into Umbridge’s office.

“Brilliant,” Hermione gasped, watching as the fireworks took different shapes and colors and getting larger and larger. It was brilliant. Umbridge was trying to Vanish them, causing them to come back in tens. I don’t know who was laughing harder: the students or the teachers. I knew Professor McGonagall or Professor Flitwick could have easily fixed this slight problem but were having more fun watching Umbridge and Flinch try to do it. Harry managed to emerge from the office ten minutes later, watching the fireworks which were still going on. They also managed to turn the corridor into a swamp.

“You know what?” Fred said, ignoring Umbridge’s yells. “I think we are done here.”

“I agree, Fred,” George said and pulled out his wand.

“Accio Brooms!” they shouted and with a loud bang in the distance, the two brooms came flying though the air and into their hands. They mounted their brooms and flew up, hovering about fifty feet above us.

“If anyone fancies buying a Portable Swamp as demonstrated upstairs, come to number ninety-three, Diagon Alley----Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes!” Fred yelled, grinning down at us.

“Special discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they’ll use our products to get rid of this old bat!” George added before taking off.

Fred looked at Peeves. “Give her hell for us, Peeves.”

With that, the two of them flew out of the castle, disappearing in the horizon…

Wow, that sounded pretty lame. Let me rephrase that:

With that, the two of them flew out of the castle, a few of their brilliant fireworks setting off in the distance.

“That was easily the greatest thing I’ve seen this year,” Ron said, sitting down next to me and Hermione as we studied for our O.W.L.’s, even though they were six weeks away.

Harry, who had arrived with Ron, sat down next to me, raising an eyebrow at me. “Studying?”

“Uh huh,” I said, not looking up from my book.

“Let me get this straight,” Ron started. “You could care less about the rules and have been nearly expelled yet you care about your grades?”

“That sounds about right,” I said, a smirk forming on my face.

“Unbelievable,” he muttered

“So has your mum freaked about Fred and George yet?” Hermione asked, finally looking up from her Ancient Runes book.

Ron groaned. “No but I’m sure she will blame me.”

“Why?” Harry asked, putting his arm on the back of my chair.

“Because she would have expected me to grab onto the back of their broomsticks or something like that,” he grumbled, leaning back in his chair.

“I wonder how they got the money to afford a place in Diagon Alley,” Hermione said, thinking out loud.

“They probably stole caldrons or something,” Ron muttered.

“No they didn’t,” Harry cut in.

“How do you know?” Ron asked, raising an eyebrow.

He sighed. “Because I gave them my Triwizard winnings last summer.”

“You what!?” Hermione said, glaring at him. I shrugged; I knew that Harry didn’t want to have to deal with that. Besides, he’d do something crazy like dump them into a river or something.

They argued for a while until Harry finally left, followed by me who hadn’t talked to him since the episode with Marietta.

“You seriously gave them all that money?” I asked, breaking the kiss.

“Mmmhmm,” he said, pressing his lips back onto mine.

“Always the hero,” I muttered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave me comments! Please???
Loved writing this one too!
:)