Curiousity Killed the Cat

I'm Famous!

The school year was coming to a close, my second year at Hogwarts flashing by me before I could stop it. I can’t say that I’m happy; Hogwarts was a place where I could ignore my past rather than hide from it. When I’m here, there is so much more to do other than school work. I made friends and fell in love and caused trouble.

Today was the last day of school, meaning that in less than six hours, I’d be alone.

“Hey Elyse,” Hermione said, meeting up with me in the hallway.

“Oh, hey Hermione,” I said, giving her a small smile. “What’s up?”

“Nothing, I was just wondering, er, how you were,” she said quickly.

I sighed. “Hermione, I am not fine. I have no home and the man who I thought to be my father is gone. Although I am hungry, want to grab a bite before we begin to pack?”

Hermione looked flustered but nodded and followed me to the Great Hall, where breakfast was being served.

“So, where are you going to go?” Hermione asked, taking a sip of her drink.

I shrugged. “Back to Grimmauld Place, since I got no where else to go.”

“You’re still coming back next year?” Ginny asked, sitting besides Hermione. Her ankle was being mended but it wasn’t as bad as we had thought it was.

“Uh huh,” I nodded, dipping my strawberry in whip cream. What? It’s comfort food… no actually, it’s just pretty damn good.

“So, what’s your end-of-the-year prank?” Hermione asked.

I blinked. “Oh shit, I forgot, Ummm…”

I looked around and saw Malfoy glaring at the Gryffindor table. I grabbed bowl and covered it in whip cream before running over to the Slytherin table and, literally, smashing the bowl in his face, covering him with whip cream.

“Ta-da!” I said, holding up my hands and smiling, ignoring Malfoy’s glare.

That’s one for the books…

“So, what made you smash a bowl filled with whip cream into Malfoy’s face?” Harry asked as we loaded onto the train.

I grinned. “I confess nor deny anything.”

Harry laughed, something he hadn’t done lately. “Come on, lets find the others.”

We eventually found them in a compartment near the front where Hermione was scolding Ron for something.

“Hey guys,” I said, sitting down next to Hermione, Harry sitting next to me. “What did you do Ron?”

“I didn’t do anything!” he said, holding up his hands as if to show he was completely innocent.

“Of course you didn’t Ron,” Hermione said, rolling her eyes.

“So, you two coming to the Burrow this summer?” Ginny asked Harry and me.

I tilted my head to the side. “The Burrow?”

“Their house,” Harry said simply.

“Oh, I don’t know,” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

“You should, it would be nice to have you around seeing as Ron is scared of you,” Hermione snapped, glaring at Ron.

“I’m not scared of Elyse!” Ron shot back, glaring at Hermione.

I grinned. “Hey Ron, do you want to hear about my parent‘s murder? I‘ll give you a hint: they didn‘t use magic.”

NO!” he shouted, causing all of us to irrupt into a wave of laughter as Ron turned pink from embarrassment.

“Has anyone read the Daily Prophet lately?” I blurted out, saving Ron from the torments that I’m sure would be coming soon.

“Yeah, I’ve seen it,” Harry said, a harsh bit in his tone.

“What’s with the snapping?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

“They finally realized that Voldemort was back and said how I was not insane after all,” he said, clenching his jaw.

“Well that’s wonderful but actually I was talking about how I got my face in the newspaper!” I said, pulling out the Daily Prophet and flipping to the four page. “See!”

“Is that your mug shot?!” Hermione shrieked, looking at the picture.

I grinned like an idiot and nodded my head. “Pretty sweet, huh?”

“I feel sick,” Ron groaned.
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt bad for making everyone cry during the last chapter so I made this lovely little filler of happiness!
Leave me comments! I miss them :(
:)