Curiousity Killed the Cat

Crashing the Party

I have never been to a wedding in my life, well, except for Tonks and Remus’ but that wasn’t like Bill and Fleur’s.

This was like the Barbie dream wedding or whatever.

I followed, well, tried to follow Hermione though the crowd of people but I soon lost sight of her after about three steps out of the door. I groaned and tried to break free of the current of people and headed over to an open table.

Yes, yes, yes. The wedding was amazing. Fleur looked gorgeous and Bill’s face lit up when he saw the person he’d spend the rest of his life with. Whatever all those cliché moments are, they happened at the wedding. Parents cried, people were happy and clapping.

And now it was the “after-party” or something and I was totally alone and my feet were killing me. Remind me to burn these things after Fleur leaves the area.

“Hey Elyse,” a rather chubby red-head said, sitting down next to me. Now, I only know a handful of people here and, even though I’ve been introduced to a lot of people, I truly do not remember talking to this chubby red-head.

I raised an eyebrow. “Do I know you?”

“I believe you’re dating me,” the red-head said, rolling his eyes. I realized that this must be Harry. He had to take the Polyjuice Potion to disguise himself. This is the best they could find?

That is when I burst out laughing.

“Very funny,” Harry scoffed, trying to cross his stubby arms across his chest.

I giggled. “I’m sorry, it’s just that… well, you know!”

“I look like Ron?” he offered, an annoyed expression on his, er, different face.

That hadn’t dawned on me yet but when he said that, I burst out into another round of laughter.

“Okay, I’m sorry,” I said, trying to catch my breath. “I can’t help it!”

“I figured,” he sighed, rolling his eyes once again at me. Could you blame me?

The idea of dating someone who looked like Ron was both disgusting and laughable.

“Elyse! Come on!” Ginny said, seeming to appear out of no where in her homeless dress. She grabbed my hand and dragged me away, allowing me to blow a kiss to Harry before disappearing into the crowd.

Harry sat at the table, watching as Elyse disappeared into the crowd of dancing people. The idea of Elyse dancing was a very laughable thought but, alas, Harry would not be fortunate enough to watch his girlfriend attempt to dance, because a familiar person took her seat.

Even though Harry was suppose to be a relative of Ron’s, it was impossible not to recognize who this was, even as a bystander. The famous Viktor Krum was currently sitting next to him, watching some of the girls out on the dance floor.

“Do you know any of them?” he asked, gesturing to a group of giggling girls.

Harry shook his head. “Sorry, I don’t know any of them.”

He sighed, frustrated. “Vat about those girls?”

Harry followed his eyes and saw, much to his horror, he was watching Ginny and Elyse, who was refusing to dance. “Oh, er, sort of.”

“The blond?” Viktor asked, feeling his day improve greatly.

Harry bit his tongue from saying anything insulting as he answered. “Uh, yes but she’s with some guy, very happy couple.”

Viktor shook his head, disappointed. “Vat is the point of being an international Quidditch star ven all the pretty girls are taken?”

“Hermione!” I said, rushing over to the brunette, escaping Ginny and her persistent ways.

“Oh, hey Elyse!” she said, grinning at me.

I took a seat next to her. “Where’s Ron?”

She blushed. “Why would I know?”

“Hermione, you might as well tell him,” I said, grinning.

“What’s the point?” she sighed, looking away from me.

“Hermione,” I said, this time in a softer tone. “I think I know more about your chances with him than you know.”

She snapped her attention back onto me. “What?”

I opened my mouth to speak, only to be cut off by a bunch of gasps, coming from the dance floor. It was a Patronus of some sort, a lynx maybe. Whatever it was, it was very important I guess because everyone stopped talking. Silence fell upon us as the Patronus opened it’s mouth to speak.

“The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming.”

That’s when chaos struck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shortness!
Comments make me happy!
Thanks to all the support and the threats to my ex! I love them all!
Tell me whatcha think!