Curiousity Killed the Cat

A Flaw in the Plan

It’s amazing how fast and yet how slow another month managed to go by. Truly, it was. It has been a month since I found out I was going to have a baby, since I was going to be a mom.

Pregnancy has its ups and downs. The worst the down had to be the morning sickness, that sucked more than I could put into words. I was crying tear of joy when it was finally over, moving onto the next annoyance in this cycle.

But no matter how bad it might get, I always found an up that just kept me going and that was the baby. The baby that was living inside of me. I hated being alone in this house but now I have some sort of company, my baby.

Now, never in my life have I ever been, what’s the word, big. I mean, I was basically starved in Azkaban so I feel fat. I look fat too, which blows, seeing as this child has gotten bigger. Meaning, if anyone saw me, they’d expect that I was pregnant.

Which kind of dents my whole “don’t tell anyone” plan.

It certainly didn’t help when I was visited by Remus, who must have been looking for the other three because he looked more than surprise to see me.

“So, what is new?” I asked as we sat at the table. After him realizing that it was just me in this house, he figured he might as well stay for a while and chat.

He was silent for a moment before answering. “Tonks is pregnant.”

I nearly choked on my chocolate covered celery stick. “Really? Remus, that’s amazing. Congrats!”

He didn’t seem to happy. “Thank you, Elyse. She’s with her parents, you know. Pregnancy.”

“Tell me about it,” I muttered, looking down at my stomach.

Remus raised an eyebrow. “Er, so how have you been?”

“Good,” I said though a mouthful of food. After realizing that I must have looked like an idiot, I swallowed. “I mean, the house is a lot quieter.”

“Uh,” he said, biting his tongue. “Don’t take offense to this but, er, have you gained weight?”

“That’s one way to talk to a seventeen-year-old girl,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“I don’t mean it like, but, well, are you, er,” he said, stumbling over his own words.

I sighed. “Yes. I’m pregnant. So, how far along is Tonks?”

“Uh, I’m not sure,” he said, still a bit dazed. “How far along are you?”

“Four months or so,” I said, helping myself to yet another chocolate covered celery stick.

“Oh,” he said, something clicking in the back of his head. “I take it that Harry’s the father?”

I felt my heart stop beating for a moment before restarting. “Yes.”

“Well,” Remus said, sitting up, “seeing as you’re a pregnant seventeen-year-old, I’m going to drop you off at the Burrow.”

“Hey,” I said, taking a big bite of my celery stick, “I’m fine. I haven’t died or killed the baby yet!”

“Yet,” he said, a small smile on his face. “Come on. Pack a bag and lets go.”

“I could really go for, like, nacho cheese and a tomato with cream cheese right now,” I said as we walked up to the Burrow.

Remus raised an eyebrow as he knocked on the door. “Er, you can ask Molly.”

After having him answer a string of questions from Mrs. Weasley, the door finally opened. Mrs. Weasley sighed in relief when seeing I was alive rather than in a coffin.

“Oh, thank goodness you’re alright!” she said, pulling me into a big hug. I awkwardly hugged back, well as best as I could seeing as I was a tad bit bigger than usual.

“Nice to see you too, Mrs. Weasley,” I said as we pulled apart. “Have you seen Ginny?”

“Oh yes, we pulled her out. After everything that has been happening…” she said, looking a bit pale. “She should be in her room.”

“I think I’ll find her,” I said, grabbing my bag. I hurried up the stairs and opened the door, slipping into the room and surprising Ginny.

“Elyse!? Oh, damn we thought you were dead!” Ginny said, throwing herself at me, hitting my stomach hard.

“Ow, okay Ginny, you’re hurting me,” I said, patting her on the back.

“Sorry,” she said, grinning sheepishly. “So what’s new with you?”

I sighed. “A lot of things, but you first.”

“Nothing. Nothing has been happening to me,” she groaned, falling onto her bed. “What about you?”

I bit my lip. “Er…”

“Elyse, just tell me,” Ginny said, raising an eyebrow at me.

sighed. “I’m pregnant.”

Ginny was at a lose for words.

“Really? You’re not joking?” the look on my face showed my answer. “Shit Elyse! Well, does mum know? Well, someone probably told her but shit! How the hell did this happen? Well, I know how it happened, but that’s not the point!”

“Ginny, shut up,” I said, putting my face in my hands.

“When did you find out?” she asked, silencing her ranting from moments ago.

“A month ago,” I sighed, still not looking up. I hate you Remus, if you can hear me, well you probably can’t but still. I hate you for bringing me here. I was perfectly fine at Grimmauld Place… eating my celery.

“Okay so you were about… three months along when you found out which meant the baby would be born… May,” Ginny said, counting on her hand the months.

I sighed. “I know.”

She bit her lip, trying to prevent herself from asking, but her curiosity got the better of her. “Who’s the father?”

“I’m sure you know,” I said, my voice muffled from my hands.

“Does he know?” Ginny asked, softly, realizing this was a touchy subject with me.

“He left the morning after,” I said, hoping she wouldn’t hear my voice cracking.

“The morning after…?”

“We slept together.”

“I’m gonna kill him,” Ginny said, her face filled with rage, making her look like a tomato of some sort. "Screw You-know-who, I’m gonna be the one to kill him. No, I’ll beat him with a broomstick, shove it up his ass, and then kill him!”

As Ginny continued to plot Harry’s death, I glanced up and out the window, watching the snow. It must be about December, which meant Christmas would be coming up eventually, that is, unless I missed it.

“What’s the date?” I asked, cutting Ginny off of her rampage.

“Uh… the nineteenth,” she said, walking over to her calendar. “Why?”

I shrugged. “Just wondering. I don’t have a calendar at Grimmauld Place.”

“Have you thought of any names?” Ginny asked, her inner girl getting the better of her rage.

I half-heartedly laughed. “I don’t know if it’s a boy or girl, so no.”

“I wonder if he or she will be blond…” Ginny said, trailing off and ducked when I threw a pillow at her.

“When hell freezes over.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments!
Ha, did I really surprise you guys with the whole "pregnancy" thing?
Well, if that shocked you I got a few tricks up my sleeve.
Comment!