Status: Complete!

Two Sides of the Same Story

Eighteen.

I closed my eyes. I hadn't moved from this spot for a long while. Everyone thought I was grieving, crying silently, but really I wasn't. I clutched the American flag tightly I was numbed.

Death was so final, so set. I know, that everyone dies at some point, but why is it that my brother--the one person who was so kind, so fun, so amazing--had to lose his so early? I can admit, as I stared at his grave, that I'm afraid of death. Who knows who could be next? Our lives are too fragile...how much more heartbreak can I take?

My mind drifted, to the images of those smiling faces. The faces I know I've hurt and I know they would never forgive me. Were they still wondering why I left? Or had Val said something?

I stood in spot for a while longer, until I felt a rough hand rest on my shoulder. Through my aviators, I looked over to see who exactly was standing next to me.

I couldn’t believe my eyes.

There stood Matt, Val, and the rest of the gang, all dressed in black. Val was looking at me with guilty eyes. Zacky stood behind Jimmy, and even though I couldn’t see his eyes I knew he was looking at me.

That’s when my emotions set in.

I lost it.

I feel like a horrible person. I left basically, my family without any trace of where I was. I made Val lie to her husband, and most of all I broke the only man that I had loved heart. Tears started cascading down my cheeks like a waterfall, and I choked out a sob. Matt quickly took me into his strong arms and wrapped them around me. I took the chance to get a full glimpse of Zacky, before Matt’s arm blocked my view. I swear I saw a flash of hurt run through them when we made eye contact for the first time in weeks.

I cried into Matt’s chest. This was all too much to handle.

“I’m so sorry.” I mumbled into him.

“I know. We’ll talk about it later.” He stated.

I nodded. Matt let go of me and I noticed that we were the only ones at the burial sight. I wiped my eyes, before placing a red rose by my brother’s grave. Matt took my hand and we walked back to the limo together, where Val and the rest of the guys were waiting for us.

I wasn’t looking forward to going back to house. I’d have to give my explanation to why I left, and most of all I have to face Zacky.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo for updates!
Comment for faster updates. :]