Status: Complete!

Two Sides of the Same Story

Four.

As soon as Zacky left, my anti-social self came out and I feigned being sleepy to avoid making conversation with everyone else.

Now, I lay on my bed and gazed at the ceiling; why did I really end up here? I don't want to 'bond' with Matt. I don't want to like his friends. I don't want to like Valary. I don't want to get to know anyone, I just want to go home.

I sighed deeply and closed my eyes. I was sounding like a very spoiled brat, and that wasn't me.

I grabbed my iPod; music would eventually put me to sleep when I couldn't. I looked for Sleepy Music in my playlists. The calming, almost get high, music from Deftones filled my ears, and I soon drifted to sleep.

Waking up to sunlight streaming on my face, I jumped up, hating the light at that particular moment. I glanced at the clock at the side of my bed and sighed, it was 6:00 A.M.

I groaned and got up. It made no sense to stay in bed because I, unfortunatley, am the kind of person who once woken up, can't go back to sleep.

No one was awake, and Matt's house was silent, except for the few birds who were chirping outside. Damn birds. But I didn't make much noise, not wanting to wake Matt and Val up; yeah, I knew my soft footsteps wouldn't likely wake them up, but it was just a habit of mine.

Heading to the kitchen, I instantly went to the coffee maker. Leaning against the kitchen counter, I waited for the coffee to finish. Just then, I saw a figure past by the kitchen. My eyebrows furrowed, confused but I stayed put. The person made a few steps back slowly, entering the kitchen.

"Mornin'," I greeted Zacky; his hair disheveled and shirt worn on the wrong side. I smiled, bemused, looking at his image with one of my eyebrows rising, "What happened to you?"

"Well, I woke up at my house and saw a naked girl beside me on the bed. Obviously, it was a one night thing, but she probably didn't get the memo since she's still there, eating breakfast. I left as quickly as I could, so hopefully, when I go back to my house, she'll be gone," Zacky said. I suppressed my laughter, and swallowed.

"Okay, but what if she steals stuff from your house?" I asked. Zacky shook his head, some of his hair falling to his face.

"Nah, Icky will take care of her if she doesn't leave."

"Icky?"

"My dog."

"Oh," I said and turned around, grabbing a mug and pouring the coffee. I fixed my coffee, adding sugar and milk but I handed the cup to Zacky, laughing, "Here, you need it more than me."

"You shouldn't laugh at me," Zacky pouted, sipping the coffee, "Oh, this is good."

"I know, and why shouldn't I laugh? I mean, if you wanted to fuck a girl, why didn't you do it at her place? That way you could--"

"I was drunk," he stated.

"Oh," I said, understanding. That made sense.

Not wanting coffee anymore, I went to the fridge and checked to see what Matt had. I pulled out orange juice and eggs.

"Hey, you hungry?" I asked, shaking the carton of eggs lightly and placing the juice on the table.

"How are you going to make it?"

"Scrambled," I said instantly.

"Oh, then yeah."

Soon enough, the two of us were eating scrambled eggs, sitting in the kitchen. Matt and Val then entered the kitchen, yawning and looking half-asleep.

"Morning sunshine," I said to Matt, who just mumbled something.

"Coffee, I need coffee!" Val yelled. I laughed and pointed to the jug of coffee I had made previously, "I love you Loree."

"Of course you do," I said and ate more eggs.

"When did you get here Vengeance?" Matt asked, finally waking up. Zacky shrugged.

"I don't know, a few minutes ago probably."

I nodded in agreement and finished my food. Placing the plate in the sink, I didn't bother to wash it. Turning back to the three I looked at Matt, "Hey, I'm going on tour with you right?"

Matt swallowed his food and nodded, "Yeah, um, I wanted to ask--"

"When is starting?"

"Tomorrow we're leaving but I wanted to know--"

"Oh, it's a good thing I didn't unpack."

"Would you stop interrupting me?" Matt asked, annoyed. I rolled my eyes.

"Sheesh, you don’t have to be such a pussy about it," I said. Zacky laughed loudly but covered it up by coughing once he noticed Matt glaring at him. I smiled and looked at Matt expectantly.

"Whatever. Anyway, I was wondering if you'd not only come on tour with us but if you would sing with me," Matt said slowly. I looked at him. Should I say yes?

"Well..." my voice trailed off.

"It's just that the guys and I listened to your songs and we loved how you have a little rock in them. We really want you to sing during the tour. Please?" Matt asked and elbowed Zacky who was eating his eggs still. Zacky coughed.

"Yeah, please?" he said after. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Well, I do know most of your band's songs...."

"So you'll do it?" Val asked excitedly. I sighed, why the hell not?

"Yeah--," I didn't get to finish because Val hugged me. I looked at Zacky and Matt, "What is up with Val and hugging?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Riann here! I'm loving the comments Nicole, thanks =) As for all the other subscribers *looks at them* I'm watching you....