Eyeliner and Sharpie Marks

Chapter 1

Ace’s POV:

I look at my clock and the digit moves up another number.

1:23 am.

I’m not tired. I’m never tired. But then again, I’m exhausted.

I crawl out of my bed and up the stairs of the bunk bed and onto the top bunk. I slip under the blankets with the skinny boy sleeping. I wrapped my arms around him gently trying not to wake him and kissed the back of his neck. He opened his eyes slowly and yawned, rubbing his eyes.

“Is it time to wake up already…?” He droned blinking his eyes and looked at me. He smiled and wrapped his arms around my neck, kissing my cheek. “What time is it Ace?”

“It’s almost 1:30. I missed you…” I mumbled into his ear, brushing the black hair from his hazel eyes.

“We have school tomorrow Ace, I gotta sleep…” He pouted, pulling closer to me, holding on tight. I pulled him close by the hip, kissing his lips gently, staying there. Letting my lips rest against his, closing my own. “Ace…” he whispered

“I know,” I sighed, my lips moving against his as I talked. He pulled back and gave me a quick peck. I couldn’t see him, our room was dark. He had a small hello kitty night light next to his bed that only gave me enough light to see his outline.

“You’re a butt,” He giggled and kissed me again, running his index finger along the back of my neck. “You can sleep in my bed tonight. Or stay up, or whatever it is that you do. Just don’t get caught. Wake me up in the morning?” He yawned, nuzzling his head into my neck. Moxxie is significantly shorter than I am.

“Deal. Good night baby,” I whispered softly, kissing the top of his head.

He fell asleep quickly, going limp in my arms, but I didn’t let go.

1:30 am.

Time was going so slow tonight. I reached behind me and turned off his Hello Kitty nightlight, running my hand up the back of his shirt.

We were 15. We were freshman in high school. We were virgins. Moxxie didn’t want it yet. I was fine with that, just confuse. You were supposed to do it with the one you loved, right?

I looked at him in the dark, not sure at what I was really looking at. He was beautiful. Even in the dark. My eyes started to feel heavy but as soon as I shut them, I felt awake again.

Moxxie’s breath brushed against my neck and I could feel his chest moving against mine. We lived together. Our parents lived together. His dad and my dad were best friends. They couldn’t live without each other. Some days I think they’re so attached; as long as they had each other they wouldn’t need our moms. I was okay with that. I liked living with Moxxie. It’s better than sharing a room with one of my sisters. Moxxie was the only child, but he considered my sisters, his sisters. I don’t know why, they’re just annoying.

”Ace, do you ever think one day we’ll be married?” he whispered softly, the flashlight shining on our faces as we hid under the blankets on his bed.

“Yeah, duh. People who love each other get married, right? Like your mommy and daddy,” I said with a wide smile, putting my hand down in front of me. He put his hand on top of mine, rubbing his thumb across my wrist.

“What about your parents? Your mom loves your dad, right?” He asked tilting his head to the side and frowning.

“Not anymore. My dad is always complaining about her, and my mom is always yelling at him…” I said and sniffled quietly, hanging my head down.

Moxxie handed me the flashlight and pushed it into my free hand, using his hand to lift my chin. “Don’t worry about them, when people are in love they fight. A lot,” he said with a grand smile.

“We won’t fight though. I don’t want to fight with you. We’ll get along perfectly like… like… Sandy and Danny at the end of Grease,” I declared my smile growing back wide.

“We won’t fight because we’re boys. Girls just like starting fights. I mean, did you see Kayla at school the other day?” he giggled and then covered his mouth.

I gave him back the flash light holding my index finger up to my mouth. “Shhhhh….” I whispered looking at my Spider man watch. “It’s 9:30, way past our bed time,” I mumbled looking down at our hands that were still together.

“I’m 9 years old; we should be able to stay up until 10, shouldn’t we?” He said very defiantly and shook his head.

I leant in half way and he leant in the other half, and I pecked his lips gently. We pulled back and both went rosy red in the cheeks.

Moxxie, Ace, I can heaaarrr youuuuuu,” his mom sang out and we both ran from underneath the blanket, and I went down the ladder into my bed.

“Goodnight Moxxie, I love you,” I whispered up to him.

“Nighty night Acey. I love you too.”


I let my head nuzzle into the pillow and yawned, keeping my hand around his waist.

“Goodnight Moxxie, I love you,” I whispered so softly I hardly heard.