Nothing's Really Ever What It Seems

Chapter 2

Sam's POV

I lean back and rest against the seat of his SUV, looking eagerly out at the new town in front of me. I definitely needed out of my home town, things were getting way to stressful, and for the time being this felt like a great place to forget about it all. Luckily for me, Sid is one of the most generous guys I know. Even when we were little, and my brother adamantly tried to get me to leave them alone, Sid always said he didn't mind if I tagged along. So for most of my summers, it was me Jack and Sid, at least whenever they weren't off doing hockey stuff, which even then I went to most of their practices. Even though I had the biggest crush on him growing up, and I know he had to have known, he worked it perfectly, paying enough attention to me to not hurt my feelings, but not so much that it lead me on. No wonder I was and still am so fond of the curly haired, hazel eyed boy, albeit it in much older form, sitting across from me now.

I knew now that he would be no different. I might not had seen him in a couple years, but I have no doubt that Sid is still Sid. He was like a second brother to me growing up, which is why I'm sure he'll keep a good eye on me now.

"You wanna grab something to eat first or go straight home?" he asks while glancing away from the road momentarily to bring me out of my daze.

"Can we just order a pizza or something?" I ask while dragging my eyes away from the city passing by my eyes outside the window for the first time since I got in the car. "It's been a long day, I just really kinda want to unpack and stuff." He nods in agreement before continuing to his house.

Once there, he pulls the car into the garage and we both grab a bag of the many I brought with me. He takes me through the dark house, going toward the stairs and up them until he stops down the hallway.

"That is my room," he says while pointing to a closed door at the end of the hallway. "You can have this one," he says indicating toward the one in front of us, "or that one," he finishes while pointing to the door at the end of the hallway next to his.

He's been unusually quiet since we left the arena, so I keep things as simple as possible and drop the bag I was holding in front of the door we were closest to. "This will do," I say while shrugging. "I actually think I'll take a quick shower before we eat. I like--".

"Extra cheese with Canadian Bacon," he interrupts. "I know, I remember," he adds with a smile before turning around and heading back downstairs.

"Okay, I'll be down in a few," I laugh, to which he raises his hand as a sort of dismissal before I turn and open the door to my room.

Sid's POV

I go back downstairs, order the pizza and carry the rest of her bags up the stairs and leave them next to her door, which took about 6 trips with my arms loaded. Who would have thought one person could have so much stuff..

Just as I'm about to sit down and flip on the TV, I hear the doorbell ring, signaling that the pizza is here. I make my way to the door, grabbing for my wallet at the same time as I see Sam coming down the stairs. She looks much more like the Sam I'm use to seeing, hair tousled, without make-up and dressed in a pair of sweats and a tank top.

I open the door and find another crazed fan practically bouncing up and down at the excitement of delivering my pizza, something I will never get use to. I gladly take pictures and sign an autograph before paying and taking our food, sighing as I close the door. I turn around to find Sam leaning up against the back of the couch, starring at me.

"Is it always going to be like that around here?" she asks while pointing to the door, an amused grin crossing her face.

"More than likely," I sigh before making my way into the living room and sitting down on the couch at last. She sits down next to me, grabbing for the pizza box before I even had a chance to open it.

"So, is there anything I need to know about?" she asks while taking her first bite.

"Like?" I prompt while grabbing for a slice myself.

"Like am I going to wake up and find some bleach-haired blond making breakfast for me in one of you're oversized t-shirts?"

I practically choke on my slice of pizza while she chuckles and sits over there and looks very proud of herself for making me blush.

"No. I can see you are still the same old outspoken Sam," I say while shaking my head and reaching for the TV remote to turn it on.

"This will be just like old times," she coos while taking the remote out of my hands and flipping through the channels herself, something she use to do all the time. I guess some things really never do change..
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoo.. chapter 2.
I feel so accomplished.. lmao.
Comment, tell me what you all think. :-)