Its My Turn Now!

Chapter Sixteen.

Christmas came and went. Everyone spent Christmas with their families. Thankfully, I brought all my Christmas presents before I went into my obsession. I had brought Pogue a customized motorcycle helmet, my aunt a gift card to her favourite store, Banana Republic. My uncle, I brought him a computer program to categorize all his books in the library and gave him a scrape book my dad had made when he was young about him and my uncle. When I had given my uncle his presents, he had cried when he looked through the book, telling us stories behind each of the pictures. From my family I had received a gift card for a bookstore and a chemistry set (Nerd? Yes I am.). From my aunt and uncle I got a car, I was so happy. I finally could drive my self anywhere.

The day of Christmas I went back home to visit my parents' graves. It was hard to go there, because it was my first Christmas without them here. I had flowers for their graves and a teddy bear for my mom and a bunch of balloons for my dad. I brought those things because they loved those things. I spent two hours there, talking to my parents about what happened over the last three months. After leaving the grave, I went to my house to get books my dad had for magic. Than after I went to the library to find more information about my parents or Jenna. After three hours I had found information, more than I had tried to find in the three weeks I was in obsession, I printed the information and than went back home.

When I got home the covenant was there. I had told them about the information I had discovered while I was in the city. We decided to separate the information amongst us.After a day of researching, we discovered two major pieces of information that were very helpful to us. One was that Jenna’s and my parents’ deaths were about one block from each other. Also that they all died at the same exact time just a year apart. Something that really caught our eyes was on their bodies on their left forearm there was a special mark on them that was identical. It's as if they were branded for their deaths. The mark on their bodies looked familiar to us, but we could not figure out from where.
After researching for the last couple of days, we decided that we needed to get away from it. As I was getting out of the library I got a call on my cell."Hello." "Hey Sammie. Its Nadia. Please tell me your doing nothing on New Year's?" "Umm...I don't think so, am pretty sure I am doing nothing. Why?" "Okay, because there is a huge party that Julie is throwing and I wasn't sure if you made plans." "Oh, okay sure am up for it. It will be fun. Wait is it formal or semi-formal?"

"Well its semi-formal, but Kate and I are going dress shopping tomorrow and you have to come and buy a dress too," she said eagerly and I couldn't say no to that. "Okay sure what time? Are the boys coming too? Do they even know?" "Yay! Um...I'll pick you up at 1 and yes they are coming and they don't know yet. I've called Reid but he hasn't picked up his cell, so if you see them tell them please." "Sure, no problem and I'll see you tomorrow at 1." "Okay byes." She hung up the phone.

I went into the kitchen and found the guys. "Hey boys, we have plans for New Year's. Its at Julie Montago’s place and by the way Reid you might want to pick up you cell when your girl calls you." Reid looked at me and than looked at his cell and had this 'am-going-to-get-in-trouble' look and pressed redial than left the room.

"Ty you might want to ask you know who to be your date?" "No its okay I'll be fine going by myself." Tyler said looking down at the ground avoiding looks from Pogue and Caleb. Than Tyler and I sort of got into a spat of him asking his crush, and my friend, Angie to the party.

While arguing I got my cell out and dialed her number. "Hey Angie, how are you?" I looked at Tyler, who had his mouth open, and I gave him the 'I-won' look. "Thats good. I am great, thanks, I have a question to ask you, if that is okay? I wanted to know if you want to go to a New Year's party with me and bunch of other people as Tyler's date?" "Okay, great. Just call me tomorrow morning and we can go dress shopping with Nadia and Kate. Okay, bye!" I looked atTyler, who had a shocked face on, and said, "You owe me Ty and your VERY welcome." With that I walked away and into my room to do some homework.