Its My Turn Now!

Chapter Two.

The day after the funeral I was packing my stuff to move in my uncle and aunt, while I was packing I heard something coming from behind the closed door, when I turned I saw my cousin Pogue, I saw him at the funeral and we said Hi but we really didn't get to talk because people were talking to me about my parents. I saw him entered into my room and said "Hi Alex, no time no see...." I hadn't seen Pogue since I was 5 years old and that has been a long time for cousins not to see each. I said to him "Hi Pogue..." After that he came over to help me pack and than we started talking about things that we missed over the years like relationships, school, friends and the strength of our powers. To tell you the truth I never really used my power to the fullest I was always afraid that something would happen if I used it.

After of couple hours of packing and talking we were done packing my things. We went downstairs and saw my aunt and uncle finish packing the living room, they saw us and told us that they had called for some take out and the food would be here in like 10 minutes. Than Pogue and I started to help them with packing and than the food came we ate and we finished packing. Tonight was my last night in my house, but I would be back I promised myself that. You see my parents had left everything to me but I couldn't get anything until I graduate high school. I knew that I am going to just more than graduate, I was going to get honours. That night I fell asleep thinking that my life was changing quickly and I didn't like that feeling and that this time tomorrow I would be four hours away from here my home, my friends and my life.

In the morning I woke up made sure that everything was packed up and nothing was missing. I got dressed, went to breakfast and put my things into the truck. I went back into the house to make sure everything that I needed was taken, I looked over the living room thinking of all the memories I had in this house with my parents, I looked around the living room once more and said "I'll be back, I'll make sure of it." I closed the door to the house and at that moment I would be starting my new life.

And now your up to date. Right now I am in my new room and unpacking. The trip from home to my uncle and aunt’s place was about four hours and that’s without traffic. The house is really nice and huge, and just to think my dad lived here. I was shown to my room once we entered the house, my new room is bigger than the one at home but it doesn’t feel the same at all. To me it feels empty and as if was nothing ever here. After about an hour of unpacking not much got done, just the basic stuff. When I looked at the clock it was 6 pm, and I was hungry. I went downstairs but I didn’t know where to go because I just came into the house and went to my room. I look to my left and noticed that there was a door and there was a figure walking around in that room. I started to walk slowly and quietly to that room. I knocked the door first, cause that what my parents taught me, knock before you enter. And I hear my uncle’s voice say “Come in.” I entered into the room and seen in my uncle’s hands was a book exactly what my dad had I seen about three years ago....

~Flashback~
I was walking around my house, just bored out of my mind. I was passing my dad’s study and saw him reading some book I never saw before and heard him say what sounded like chants. I knocked on the door and my dad turned around and he told me to sit. I sat down and my dad explained to me what the book was. It was the book that was a replica of the covenant. All of the history of the five families and the chants or spells that were used. My dad told me that day when I turned 18 I would be getting that book so I would learn about everything I needed to learn.
~End of Flashback~

That book stayed in my mind for months, but eventually I forgot about it. My uncle saw my face as I was looking right at the book in his hands. He spoke “Alexandra....you know of this book, am I correct? What it is? Everything of this book?” I looked at him and just nodded at him at everything he said. He looked at me and smiled, something I haven’t seen a in while. I spoke up, “Uncle, where is the kitchen, I lost track of time and didn’t come down for dinner and I am starving!” He just laughed at me and said to go to the left of the stairs go down the hall that take a right in the first hall I see than a white door and that the kitchen. I left and said thank you to him. While walking to the kitchen I put on my I-pod to listen to. I just started to hum to the tune I was listening to. I walked into the kitchen and saw a man and woman sitting around the island and just talking, they saw me and stopped talking and the man came up to me and said “Hello, you must be Mr. Parry’s niece, very nice to meet you. I am Robert, the butler, and this is Maria, the cook and maid.” He pointed to the woman as he spoke, she gave me a very welcoming and warm smile. “Hi! I am Alexandra, but you can call me Alex, and please no ‘Miss this or Miss that’ I don’t like that it makes me feel old and I am not.” I said in laughter kind of voice, as well they were laughing as well.

Days had passed since I moved into my new “home” and I was getting to know the house and the estate. In the backyard there is a swimming pool, tennis court, basketball court, garden and a court yard to sit in for maybe lunch. In the front yard is there a HUGE pond full of fish and a bridge to cross over to the over side. In the middle of the bridge there a hut. Inside the hut there is a swing and light around it to give it the fade glow.

Today was the day that I would be registering to my new school. My uncle, aunt and I would be to the school about 5 pm because I did not want to go when everyone was in class and look at me weird I rather wait. It was 5 pm we got the school and met the Dean. The Dean gave me a tour of the school and met some on my teachers and a break down of the programs here and the activities I could take part of. Once we got home I went to my room to look over my schedule. Since it was the end of September the Dean made my schedule exactly what it was in my old school. He thought it would be a bad idea to change my schedule of what I had in my past school.

These past weeks I have been in such a emotional roller coaster that it is basically never ending. When I just want to be alone and when people DO actually leave me alone I always turn to my I-pod, to help me to escape from this reality of mine and go into another world. I was in my room just doing some cleaning (am kind of a neat freak) and than I thought I would go to the living room to do some reading. While still listening to my I-pod and start to read a book on my way down the stairs. I had actually memorized this house and knew where everything was, once I entered into the living room I sat down still reading. I guess about five minutes sitting on the couch I felt someone take out my earplugs, and NO ONE takes me away from my music. I looked up to see the person who did this to me and saw it was Pogue, you may think am crazy but hey no one does that to me. When I am mad I use my powers and I had push Pogue into the wall. I didn’t care that anyone else was in that room NO ONE TAKES ME AWAY FROM MY MUSIC!!