Its My Turn Now!

Chapter Four.

The rest of the night I stayed in my room, cause sure as hell I didn’t want to see Pogue at all, I knew if I went downstairs there would be trouble from everybody. Over the course of the night, my uncle came to the room and gave me a lecture of being careful of my power and he knew that it would be very powerful and he was proud of me even though he didn’t said it directly, I could just tell. After all the talk, me being a good girl I listened and promised never to do that again. I had told my uncle I did not want to go to eat dinner with the family, especially after what had happened. Maria had come up with my dinner and I asked her to stay with me so I could get acquainted with her because really I had no one to talk to. We had talked about everything, even though she is older than me by years, I got the feeling that she understood me and she knew that I understood her.

My aunt came into the room after dinner, while Maria and myself were talking and just joined into the conversion and it was pretty fun to talk to them. By the time my uncle had come to my room to see my aunt, was it was 11 pm. “Alice, dear its time for Sammie to sleep. Its school tomorrow, and thank you Maria for staying with Sammie during dinner.” “Yes, of course Sir it was my pleasure, I will retire to bed now, good night.” “Of course Mark, I had forgotten it was school tomorrow, good night sweetie.” “Good night aunt Alice.”

It was just my uncle and I in my bedroom. “How are you feeling Sammie?” “ I am pretty good I guess after what happened today. Is Pogue okay or is he still mad at me, uncle?” “Well he’s sore but when dinner came along he asked for you and I said that you didn’t want to come to dinner and he became pretty sad. Sammie please talk to your cousin, you two haven’t seen each other for years because what happened between me and your father please don’t do that to you two again.” “Okay uncle, of course I’ll talk to him tomorrow. I just feel bad for what I did for something so small.” “Its okay, now its bed for you. I’ll see you tomorrow morning, good night dear.” “Good night uncle!”

After he left I did my usual night routine and went to sleep, replaying all the day’s events through my head until sleep overtook me. “Sammie, it was I who killed your parents! Ha ha ha ha!” An unrecognizable voice said me to in my dreams. I woke in a jolt to see in front of me a woman in her early 20's screaming her head off in a high pitch. “Shut up! Quite! AGH! STOP!!” All the noise stopped and the woman had vanished. This has been happening about for two years, I didn’t know who the person was in my dreams, but if I ever find them they are in so much trouble. I looked at the clock on my night table and saw it was 5 am, I still had about two hours of sleep until I had to wake up for school, so I just went right back to sleep.

Apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur, the whole club....I pressed the snooze button and got up to get ready. After about 20 minutes I went to breakfast, to see Maria, Robert and Pogue. “Good morning everyone!” “Good morning Sammie,” said Maria and Robert. I looked at Pogue and he looked almost hurt. “Pogue please talk to me.” Nothing, it was silence. “Pogue?” Again, just pure silence. “You know what, fine if you don’t want to talk than its not my problem, and I was just trying to fix things between you and me looks like that isn’t going to happen.” I left in a huff to the dining room to see my uncle. “Uncle, I tried to talk to Pogue like you asked me to but I got nothing from him, you know it takes two to tango, well so does talking!” “Oh I see, well than I guess you did what I asked of you I guess we’ll have to wait for Pogue to speak to you first.” “Okay fine, but I am not talking to him unless he talks to me first. Thank you Maria!” “Yes, thank you Maria. Well fine, of course I guess I’ll have to take you to school this morning.” “Thank you uncle, umm I guess I can ask Robert to pick me up and bring me home after school.” “Yes, please.”

Its been two weeks since have I started school and I hadn’t made any friends for the following reasons: 1)I had to catch up with all the school work I missed and 2) I am pretty shy when I have to make friends. Well the school work has taken me to do during all my lunch hours and my spares and pretty much at home, but I have finally had caught up this weekend. When I passed down the halls everyone would point and whisper saying things like “That’s Pogue’s cousin and I heard this and this.” I swear it gets more ridiculous each day. I never see Pogue at school again of all the homework I had to catch up on and Pogue told me that he came back an extra year and so did the rest of the covenant.

I had gotten at school and I went to my first class which was the oh-so-wonderful math. I sat there all by myself for class didn’t start for another 30 minutes and I know nerd but again NO FRIENDS! I just started reading a book I had in my bag until I heard someone came into the classroom and it was Pogue’s friend Tyler.

“Samantha....right?” “Yup and your Tyler right? Pogue’s friend? And if you’re here on Pogue’s behalf I don’t want to hear it unless it comes from his mouth directly.” “Well actually yeah it is from Pogue, but I knew you didn’t want to hear it because you didn’t want to hear from Reid a couple of weeks ago, but they made me come. I am sorry I’ll leave.” “Oh no please don’t leave I didn’t mean to be rude. I am sorry, its just really annoying that Pogue keeps sending people instead of him coming.” “Oh its okay its just Pogue has a problem of saying sorry himself. You’ll learn soon enough. How about we talk to get to know each other, we met weeks ago, but we got off the wrong foot, huh? I’ll like to be friends with you and I heard you have no friends here so far so how about I be your first friend?” “Sure I like that. Okay, Hi I am Samantha but you can call me Sammie and great I got a friend now!” We continued to talk until the bell rung for class to start and Tyler and I spoke a lot. I knew we were to be great friends and he told small stuff of the covenant like who rules it and who is most powerful and a bunch of stuff like that.

After two bloody periods, it was finally lunch and it was my first actually lunch that was free and not to worry about homework I had to catch up on. I got into the lunch line and got my food and sat at the nearest and emptiest table I could find. I began to eat my food and about five minutes later this really pretty girl was coming towards my way and I knew she was going to come here and talk to me, she just had this look you just knew. “Your Samantha right? Pogue’s little cousin?” “Ummmmm, yeah I am her.” “Well, hi I am Kate. Pogue’s girlfriend. He has told me so much about you.” “Ohhh, your Kate its nice to finally meet you, I hear a lot about you.” “Oh really? I hope its all good if its not tell me so I can kick someone’s ass!” “Haha no no its all good.” “Can I have lunch with you? You know to get to know each other.” “Yeah sure. Okay, I love to meet new people.” We talked the whole lunch period about everything girls could talk about. She told me that she would come over later to the house so we can continue our conversation because the lunch period was over and it was on to third period.

I was in the car with Robert on our way home and I had seen the covenant on my way to the car and I seen Pogue and he still looked the same as this morning and I could hear Kate say “Baby, what’s wrong you haven’t been yourself today.” I still felt bad for what I did yesterday, Tyler and Reid saw me and come over to talk to me for a bit. Reid again asked if I would go on a date with me and Tyler well he’s such a shy guy just asked how school was. They told me that they were on their way on swimming practice and asked me to go, but I said no for it was awkward for me at this moment I was not talking to my cousin. I got home and me being a nerd started to do my homework, knowing that if Kate came over I would not do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment : )