Its My Turn Now!

Chapter Six.

Over the next week I had stayed in my room when I was at home, not coming out for anything or any reason. When I was at school I went to my classes and during lunch I was in the library once again. Kate and Tyler would try to have conversations with me, but I would say that I had to go or something along those lines. I was trying to avoid the covenant and Kate at this point. I guess I was doing this because everyone brought up Pogue, and at this point I was sick and tired of hearing about him and he wasn’t even trying to talk to me so there was no use. But I was hanging out with my other friends, who I met.

It was October and Halloween was two weeks away, Nadia and I were invited to a costume party and today we were going to town to get or look for costumes. It was Friday so we were going to spend a lot of time in town. Nadia picked me up in her car, and we headed towards town. We both tried to look for costumes that have the same theme, like princesses or something. After about 2 hours we found these costumes of Hogwarts students, I chose this because I knew Reid hates Harry Potter, so maybe he would stop asking me out. After we had brought our outfits we decided to go to Nicky’s to eat and hang out for a bit. Once we got in, there were people but not a lot because it was only 7. We ordered and sat down and just talked. Over time, more and more people started to walk into Nicky’s. I have never been here before, even though I’ve been asked a numerous amount of times.

Than at one point I saw the covenant and Kate walk in. I turned around quickly, not wanting them to see me. Nadia stared at them and said, "Sam what’s wrong? Hey, isn’t that your cousin?" "Yeah it is. Its just me and Pogue are still fighting and I am not in the mood to talk to the rest." She nodded because she understood, I have told her everything. "I think they saw you Sam. They’re looking over here. And it looks like they’re coming this way." I turned around and saw that everything she said was true. The covenant and Kate were coming this way. But one thing I noticed was that Pogue was at the back with that face he has had on for the last 3 weeks. I was still wasn’t going to talk to him, until he did first. Kate came up towards and said, "OMG! Sammie, I didn’t know you come here. We haven’t talked for a while. I miss you." Oh man, she knows how to make someone feel bad, that’s for sure, and it wasn’t what she said but the expression she had on when she said it.

"Hey Katie, no no its my first time, I just came here for dinner. Yeah we haven’t talked in a while, sorry kind of busy lately." I was nervous saying this, afraid she might figure that there was still problems between me and Pogue. I got up from my seat and gave Kate a hug and Tyler as well. "Hey, what I don’t get anything from you? What am I, invisible?" Reid said giving me this smirk, which I hated so much. "Oh, how much I wish you were," I said only loud enough for Tyler to hear me and he did and laughed. I looked at Pogue and Caleb, I haven’t spoken to Caleb since that night he came to my room, I hope he didn’t say anything to Pogue about that night, because that would screw me over completely with my family. The covenant and Kate sat down with me and Nadia. Nadia and Kate were talking to each other, and the covenant among themselves about who knows what. I sat there like the quiet little girl I am.

About hour of sitting there and not talking to anyone, I got bored. "Hey Nadia, Kate, Tyler and Reid I am going to leave I’ll see you guys soon okay." "But Sammie, what about your costume and don’t you need a ride home?" "No thanks Nadia, I’ll walk I need the fresh air anyways. Its not that far of a walk, I’ll be fine. Can you give me my costume on Monday? Thanks. Bye" I got up and left everyone. I walked outside Nicky’s and was on my way home. After about a minute later, someone has turned me around and face them.

I looked at who it was and it was Caleb. "Samantha, you shouldn’t be walking at night alone especially. Its dangerous." "Thanks Caleb, but I am a big girl I can handle myself." I pulled my arm out of his grip and walked away. After taking five steps again Caleb turned me around. "What do you want Caleb?" "Samantha I am not letting you walk home alone." "Thanks for the concern, but no offence Caleb why do you even care if I walk home alone or not. Shouldn’t this be Pogue’s job, he is my cousin you know? Oh wait, I forgot he pretends he doesn’t even know me or that I even exist to him."
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment :)