Status: oneshot

You Rock My Sexy Socks Off

You Rock My Sexy Socks Off - Hal Gill Oneshot

Image


“Thank you for coming, enjoy the game!” I tried to give my latest customer a bright smile but my natural shyness kicked in and it faltered after a few seconds.

It didn’t matter though, they were gone seconds after I had handed them their food. I sighed and cupped my hand under my chin as I leaned against the counter; it was just the same every day. Nothing new ever happened, and I doubt that it would. I guess working at a concession stand isn’t so bad, especially when it’s in Mellon Arena: Home of the Pittsburgh Penguins. I was a small town girl from the south who had moved to the big city of Pittsburgh when I turned 18, I had big plans for going to college to become a chef. I liked working with food, which was the main reason why I ended up working here at a concession stand; I may not cook the food and the food here may not be healthy but it was food just the same. Yeah, I know I’m a bit strange you don’t have to remind me.

“Marie!” I whipped my head around to look over to whoever had called my name, my brown curls flying into my hazel eyes as I did so.

“What Beth?” My co-worker smiled excitedly and pointed at the radio we kept behind the counter.

“Listen! The game’s starting!”

I smiled and remained quiet to listen to Mike Lange’s voice, our stand wasn’t close enough to the ice to where we could see the game so we listened to the radio instead. Not that I minded, I personally think that Mike Lange’s calls for when someone scores are hilarious and highly entertaining. The Pens played Montreal tonight and from what I could catch from the radio, it was turning out to be an exciting game.

“Malkin, moves through the neutral zone with Sykora…he leaves it behind for the towering Hal Gill, who slaps it in. Scuderi picks the puck up and passes to Malkin…he shoots…kicked away by Price! There’s about 1:30 left on the Penguin’s power play and only 2:00 minutes to go in the third period with the score still remaining 2-2…”

I was sitting on my stool, listening intently to Mike Lange as the clock slowly ticked down. The game really was exciting, I hadn’t had a lot of time to listen to it because I had been busy helping customers but I was 100% focused on it now.

“About 30 seconds left on this power play, the score is still 2-2. Crosby has the puck, he passes to Malkin from behind the net. Malkin shoots…And Price is right there. The Canadians try to clear it but Gill keeps it in and gives it back to Malkin, who passes to Staal. Staal backhands one toward the net…blocked! Crosby picks up the rebound and spins away from trouble, he passes to Hal Gill…he shoots…and scores! Hal Gill ladies and gentlemen! And Price, well he doesn’t know whether to cry or wind his watch.”

“Yeah Gill! Woo-hoo!” I cheered, jumping up and down and doing a mini celebration dance with Beth.

“Wow, what a game.” Beth sighed, switching the radio off.

“Yeah I know, good for Gill. He doesn’t get enough credit.” I began wiping down the counter top, smiling when I pictured the tall defensemen’s bright smile after scoring the game winning goal.

“So true, what you doing tonight?”

I shrugged. “Nothing, I’m probably just going to head home to unwind. We had a long day today.”

Beth nodded in agreement. “That’s for sure, I mean seriously. How many beers can one person order?”

I laughed and waved good-bye to her, thinking about my addicting mystery book sitting at home on my bed.

As I slipped through the remaining crowds of fans in the arena, my mind began to wander to the other things preoccupying my mind. Things like my work for school, the game, family, friends… and then I ran into a brick wall.
Well, it felt like a brick wall. Though it actually turned out to be a person, the person who had just won the game for the Penguins in fact. I stumbled back and felt myself falling before two big, strong hands reached out and caught me before I crashed to the ground. In shock and out of breath, I whipped my head up and looked straight into the gorgeous eyes of the towering Hal Gill.

“Oh! S-sorry!” I stuttered, feeling my heartbeat pick up as he continued to stare down at me with a wondering gaze, he was still holding me in his strong arms.

Hal blinked and smiled blindingly down at me. “No, it’s my fault. I should’ve watched where I was going, are you alright?”

“Well although it felt like I walked head first into a brick wall, I think I’m fine.” I smiled tentatively at him, surprised at how I was acting around him; it wasn’t really like me, I was normally shy around cute guys.

He laughed loudly. “Oh boy, here we go with the tall jokes.”

I grinned. “Don’t worry your height is amazing and I admire it greatly, if you ever feel like lending a few inches to anyone just give me a call.”

A small smirk played across his lips. “Well, I’d need your number for that now wouldn’t I?”

I smirked back, feeling like jumping with joy on the inside. “You most certainly would.”

Hal gently released me and we quickly traded numbers before Marc-Andre screamed at him to hurry up so they could go get dinner. I saw him roll his eyes as the French Canadian goalie continued to call for his friend like his life was depending on Hal’s return to his side, I giggled quietly and slipped my phone back into my pocket. My bright hazel eyes met Hal’s soft brown ones and he gave me a soft smile that made my heart melt.

“I’ll call you once I get rid of the nutcase behind me.” He jerked his thumb back to Marc-Andre, who looked like he was about to have a severe meltdown.

I laughed. “Ok, have fun with the guys.”

Hal glanced back at his goalie and sighed. “I’ll try to, though I’d much rather be with you.”

I felt myself blush and was thankful that it was dark enough outside that he couldn’t see it. “Yeah well, try anyway. You better go console Marc, he looks like he’s about to have a mental breakdown.”

Hal chuckled and leaned down to gently press his lips to my forehead before his enormous frame disappeared into the dark parking lot where his teammates were waiting.
I stared after him in wonder, not even realizing that my right hand had gone up to touch the spot where his lips had been seconds ago. As my mind finally absorbed what had just happened, a huge smile stretched across my face and I laughed happily. Wow, Hal Gill just kissed me cheek and I have his number! I did a little jump celebration dance next to my car, not even caring that the people around me were slowing backing away in fear of what I might do next.

A few days later at work, I was secretly reading my book behind the counter because not many fans had arrived yet. Today was the Pens last game at home for a few days because they were going to head out west soon, it would kind of be nice to get a few days off but I liked working here. It did give me some perks. For instance, getting to know some of the Penguins staff members.
No I haven’t met the team, but I am good friends with their Equipment Manager Dana Heinze. He comes by a lot when he’s not working with the Pens; he always has interesting stories to tell about the guys.

“Reading on the job Marie?” I nearly shot out of my seat when he walked up to the counter and saw me reading instead of working.

I sighed in relief when I saw that it was just him. “Hi Dana, how goes it?”

He smiled and leaned against the counter top. “Pretty good my dear, how have you been?”

“Good, busy and tired but good.” Upon saying that, I yawned loudly.

Dana raised an eyebrow curiously. “Someone hasn’t been getting enough sleep. What have you been doing that makes you so tired?”

I smiled dreamily. “Texting.”

“Who?”

“A guy.”

“Hmmmm.” Dana hummed in disapproval.

I smiled cheekily at him and flipped my book shut. Ever since my run in, literally, with Hal we haven’t stopped talking or texting. We keep each other up all night, whether it was talking on the phone or texting away. I guess you could say we were dating, even though we’ve only gone out three times. He’s awesome though, he always makes me laugh and smile and is as sweet as can be.

“Who is this mystery boy that is leaving you so sleep deprived?”

Just as I was about to answer, mystery boy himself appeared behind Dana. I beamed at Hal who returned my grin and playfully whacked Dana on the back of the head.

“Yes Marie, who is this mystery boy you’re talking about?” Hal rested his head on both his fists and leaned on the counter top, smirking the entire time.

I smirked back and innocently flipped my hair out of my eyes. “I don’t know what you two are talking about.”

They both grinned and Dana poked me with one of his fries. “Spill it girl. Or I’ll just suffocate you with Hal’s sweaty equipment.”

I made a face at the thought. “Ew. I’d be scarred for life.”

Hal laughed. “Probably. It’s rather rancid and gross.”

All three of us laughed harmoniously before I said casually. “Well, if you must know-”

“We must.” Dana threw in, earning a playful glare from me.

“I am seeing someone who rocks my sexy socks off.” I gave Hal a pointed look before helping myself to a cup of soda from the machine behind me.

“Sexy socks?” Dana inquired.

I nodded giggling. “Incredibly sexy socks.”

And with that I threw my leg up onto the counter and showed them my black socks that had gold stars, red hearts, and little penguins littered across them. They are incredibly sexy, don’t even bother denying it. Both men laughed at my wild grin and playfully pushed my leg off the counter, causing me to briefly stumble back due to my temporary loss of balance.

“Very sexy indeed.” Dana agreed, nodding and smiling. “Well, I got to go finish up Crosby’s skates. I’ll see you both later.”

Hal and I smiled and waved good-bye to Dana, who was still happily munching on his fries. I quickly realized that he had forgotten to pay me but brushed it off, it honestly wasn’t the first time that it’s happened. I turned my attention back to Hal who had been watching me with a bright smile and a wondering expression. When I raised my eyebrows in question he just laughed and shook his head.

“What?” I asked, pulling myself up onto the counter so I was looking down at him.

“I rock your socks off?” He was beaming up at me and I smiled and blushed a little.

“My sexy socks. They aren’t just ordinary socks, they’re incredibly sexy.”

“Oh, just like you?”

I felt me cheeks turn bright red and I was forced to avert my eyes, focusing on my hands instead of his warm eyes. I knew he was laughing silently next to me. When I didn’t bother to answer, Hal just wrapped his arms around me and slid me closer to him.

“Aw, you’re so cute when you blush. And still very sexy at the same time.”

“Hal, stop it!” I giggled.

“Why?” He laughed, beginning to tickle me.

I laughed loudly, trying unsuccessfully to squirm away from him. “B-because you’re m-making m-me blush!” I gasped, laughing my butt off.

He continued laughing. “So?”

I had no answer so I kept trying to get away from him, sort of succeeding. Hal had jumped up onto the counter next to me in order to use his size to his advantage, but because we were pretty much rolling around on the counter we ended up falling off onto the other side. I thankfully was able to land on Hal instead of having him land on me, oh boy that wouldn’t have ended well.

We were still laughing and because he just looked so adorable in this light, I quickly pecked his nose. I laughed a little harder when I saw his surprised face, but Hal quickly recovered and returned the kiss.

“Babe.”

“Hmmm?” He answered, smiling lazily up at me.

“You missed my lips, aim lower next time.” I chuckled.

He smirked and quickly brought my face closer to his and pressed his soft lips to mine in a gentle kiss that left me breathless. I smiled softly at him and brought me lips back to his, not wanting the kiss to end. Hal obliged happily and gently sucked at my lower lips and running his tongue along it, cautiously asking me to part my lips for him. I smiled into the kiss and slowly parted my lips to let him slip his tongue into my mouth. The kiss was perfect, it was everything a girl could ever ask for.
It didn’t even matter that we were laying on the dirty floor of Mellon Arena behind a concession stand, we were too wrapped up in each other to care about anything else. Hal jumped underneath me when his phone started going off, he pulled it out and glared at it before miming throwing it across the room. I laughed and nodded for him to answer it. He did and I was close enough to hear the annoyed voice of Jordan Staal on the other end of the line.

“Dude! Where the fuck are you?!”

“The concession stand, getting some sweets.” Hal winked at me, I had to slap my hands over my mouth to muffle my laughter.

“You fatty, no wonder why you’re so slow. Get your ass back here, the game starts soon!”

Hal sighed. “Fine, fine keep your damn pants on Staal.”

I heard Jordan huff on the other end before Hal snapped his phone shut and returned his glowing brown eyes to me, smiling softly when our eyes met. He tenderly placed one of his big hands on my cheek, gently running his thumb over the smooth skin on my cheek.

“I have to go, Gronk’s spazzing out.”

I chuckled. “I heard. Go ahead and go, score a goal for me tonight.”

He laughed. “I’ll definitely try to, though I can’t guarantee it.”

I laughed with him. “Then lay a big hit out on someone for me.”

Hal smiled excitedly at the thought. “Now that I most certainly can do.”

We laughed and got to our feet slowly, wanting to savor our last moments together before he headed back to the locker room. I’d miss him when he went out west on the long road trip, but I knew I’d see him the second he landed back in the Steel City. Not to mention the fact that we’d probably still keep each other up all night over the phone, I grinned widely at the thought.

Hal swiftly picked me up and swung me around like a little kid before setting me down and giving me a swift kiss. “I’ll see you after the game right?”

I smirked up at him. “You most certainly will Mr. Gill.”

Just as he was about to turn away I grabbed his wrist and pulled him around to face me. I hurriedly smashed our lips together in one last heated kiss, showing him how much I’d miss him while he was gone. I felt him smirk but he returned my kiss none the less. As I pulled away he whispered into my ear,

“Oh, and Marie? You rock my sexy socks off too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I swear this guy gets no love :/
For the amazing U.S.S. Hal Gill!