MCR-Episodes

Episode Four: The Girl Who Had A Man With The Plan

THIS IS ONLY PART OF EPISODE 4!! :)

*Gerard’s P.O.V*

I drove on the highway confidently knowing that no one in this van had any idea of where we were going, or what we were going to do. I just had a great idea all of a sudden, so I decided to go ahead and do it. I know it was a bit mean of me to rush Erin like that. I know she probably wanted to rest, and all, but there was no time to waste. During the time that we could have wasted, Bert would have gone out to get us, and he wouldn’t have stopped until he killed us. Now, you’re probably wondering what my great idea is. I’m going to talk to Bert, figure out what his problem is and try to work it out. Conversation and resolution, after all, is better than violence and death. But threat is the best tool to get someone to do something. If he tries to kill anyone when I ask him to talk, I will pull out a gun from my jeans and point it at his head, and he should get the message. I know he’s doing this because he wants revenge on me when Frank and I had our little ‘thing’. Some people refer to it as Frerard, because that’s both of our names but together as one. Actually, on the topic, Frerard has a quite a ring to it. Anyway, as I was saying, I hope it will work, and it better do…

*Erin’s P.O.V*

I sat there, blinking aimlessly at the windscreen of the van. It was starting to rain outside. I never knew Bert lived so far. We’d been driving for almost an hour. Everyone was sleeping except Bob in the passenger seat, who was busy head banging along to his iPod, and I. I was surprised that Gerard wasn’t distracted by that. I was just about to say something to Gerard, when I thought: ‘No, I won’t. He looks like he’s deep in thought.’ I was sitting in the middle row of the van on the right side, with Mikey in the middle and Frank on the left. Ray was the back row, hogging it all to himself. Gerard was at the wheel, with his eyebrows moving in thought. I wanted so badly to open my mouth and pour everything out about this experience and share a little ‘special’ moment. But I knew that as soon as I opened my mouth, Gerard would probably fall asleep. I know I tend to talk a lot, it’s something I just do. Then I started to think about my life back in NZ, and how it would never be the same again…

*Gerard’s P.O.V*

The turn-off was just up ahead. Basically the whole van was asleep, except Bob next to me, who had his music turned up at a ridiculous level. I glanced into the rear-view mirror and saw Erin looking glum. She obviously had something on her mind, but thought it wasn’t important enough to mention. She probably thought I wouldn’t care - I would. Even though I’ve only known her for, like, 2 weeks maybe, I still trusted her. She’d basically saved both Frank’s life and MY life. Something that I could never thank her enough for. But as the turn-off approached, something in my gut said that Bert wasn’t gonna go down easy.

*Erin’s P.O.V*

We’d arrived about an hour ago. The situation now? Not good. When we’d got here, this place looked more like a dump than any old house. Gerard was the first to approach the door. Everyone else stayed scared by the van. Everyone except me. He objected at first, but I said I had to go with him because I was the one who caused all this chaos in the first place. He said it wasn’t my fault - yeah right. Gerard had knocked on the door, while I kept my distance on the porch. When waiting for an answer, he’d turned to me and gave me this look of frustration and sadness. I didn’t mean to cause him anymore pain, it just happened. It could have happened to anyone, but anyone wasn’t me. Anyone wasn’t Gerard, or Mikey, or Frank… Anyone. Gun hidden in the back of his jeans, Gerard opened the door. Nobody had answered, so we decided to investigate. Frank and Mikey had come inside with us, while Bob and Ray stayed with the van. I felt kind of sorry for them, sitting there, bored, while we got to have all the ‘excitement’. Now we were in a dark room, strapped to chairs while some creepy masked guy circled us like a vulture to its dead carcass. I was almost on the brink of tears when I’d discovered that Gerard’s gun has slipped out of his pants onto the floor. Now what were we supposed to do? Sit here and get shot? Well, that was up to Gerard, who I’d automatically assumed had a Plan B…

*Gerard’s P.O.V*

Now I was stuck. Everyone was. I had no weapon, either. My gun had fallen out on the floor but luckily the masked man couldn’t see it. I instantly knew that the guy with the mask was Bert. I could tell by his stupidly long black hair hanging out. Couldn’t he do himself a favour and get a haircut? Well, he did escape from jail, after all. So he couldn’t really go out in public. I glanced over at Frank, who was fidgeting around in his chair, trying to free the rope. Then I looked over at my little brother, Mikey, and he was just scoping around the room, trying to figure out a path of escape. The meddling Bert had arranged us in a line, and he was pacing up and down in front of us, deciding what to do. I watched him with a disgusted look. As I contemplated a Plan B, I was sure Bert was ready to put his Plan A into action…

*Erin’s P.O.V*

Gerard and Bert had been arguing for about the last half an hour. Debating about old issues, ones that didn’t really matter anymore. “I could always fucking shoot you all right now.” Bert said. He had a foul mouth. It was particularly foul when he was angry. “I don’t think you could really do that. You’re too much of a chicken.” Gerard threatened. Threats weren’t gonna get us anywhere. All it was going to do was make him more aggravated. “Say, what do you think you’re gonna gain from this?” I challenged Bert. “Nothing but pride.” He said, smiling evilly. I rolled my eyes and refused to look at him from there. “Would you please just get over yourself and let us go, so we can talk this over in further detail.” Gerard said. “NO! I want you to feel the pain, feel the fear.” He grinned, staring straight into Gerard’s eyes. “You’re a fucking idiot!” Gerard yelled, spitting at Bert’s feet. “More like a crazy bastard.” Bert said slyly. So then we sat there in silence again, waiting for Bert to make his move. It kind of made you wonder what was gonna happen next…