I'll Wait Here for You in My Time of Dying

Chapter Ten

I ran my hand over my face as I opened my front door and walked in, a yawn slipping from my lips as I leant back against the now closed door. I honestly had no energy, even though I’d gotten quite a bit of sleep.

“Oh ho, look who’s dragged himself home then?”

I looked over to the living room and saw Lesia leaning against the door frame, a smirk on her lips as she looked at me. I chuckled and rolled my eyes as she grinned at me.

“I’m taking it went well then?”

I nodded and pushed myself off of the door. “It went very well thank you. Now if you don’t mind, I’m going to go and have a shower.”

“You do realise that I’m just going to sit in the bathroom and harass you for details right?”

“Why would you want details?” I asked as the two of us ascended the stairs, my fingers already undoing the buttons of my shirt.

I honestly just wanted a quick shower and then a couple more hours of sleep.

“Because I’m curious.”

“You know, curiosity killed the cat,” I pointed out and opened the bathroom door, stepping inside and shutting the door before Lesia could walk in after me.

I jumped as she suddenly appeared in front of me, a satisfied smirk on her face.

“I’ve got nothing to worry about,” she reminded me, putting her hand through my chest. “I’m already dead.”

I rolled my eyes and Lesia grinned triumphantly before plonking her butt down on the toilet and covering her eyes with her hands.

“Now get in that shower and give me all the details of your sordid night with Taylor...well not all the details but you get what I mean.”

I chuckled and stripped out of my clothes before stepping into the shower.

“Come on then,” Lesia badgered.

“What do you want to know?”

“What did you do after dinner?”

I smiled a little as I reached for my body wash and let my mind drift back to the night before.

“Let’s go for a walk,” Taylor decided, turning to face me with a bright smile on her face.

My eyebrows shot up slightly and Taylor bit down on her lip, looking a little embarrassed.

“I mean...if you want to.”

I smiled warmly and reached over, taking Taylor’s hand in mine. I felt warmth shoot up through my veins as our fingers laced together, Taylor’s confused glance catching mine as I began to lead her towards the beach.

“I don’t know about you,” I voiced. “But I don’t want this night to end yet.”

Taylor smiled brightly once more and squeezed my hand gently. Once we had reached the sand she stopped me so she could reach down and take her heels off.

“Never try and walk in the sand in heels,” she chuckled, her heels now swinging from her fingers. “It’s a bitch.”

I laughed and nodded. “I’ll remember that next time I decide to wear heels.”

Taylor laughed and bumped her shoulder against mine. I smiled and unlaced our fingers so I could wrap my arm around her shoulders. We walked on for a while silently and I found it strange how comfortable I felt around Taylor, especially since I’d only known her now for about four hours.

“Say thank you to your friend for me,” she voiced quietly after a while.

I looked down at her, a little confused. “What?”

Taylor smiled and stopped us from walking, looking up at me before looking out over the sea.

“Your friend...the one that told you to phone me, can you say thank you to them from me?”

“Sure...why?” I asked, still a little confused.

Taylor chuckled and looked up at me again, turning her body towards mine and making my arm slip from her shoulders down to her waist.

“Because if they hadn’t have gotten you to phone, then I wouldn’t have had one of the best dates of my life,” she admitted shyly, smiling softly up at me.

I was slightly surprised at what she’d admitted, but only because I felt the same. This had been one of the best nights of my life.

I let my eyes flicker around Taylor’s face before ducking my head down and brushing my lips ever so slightly over hers.

“Can I kiss you?”

Taylor nodded and I smiled before pressing my lips to hers, a little hesitant to begin with but the moment I felt her kiss back with a little bit of pressure all my nerves fell away from me.


“Aww, that’s kinda cute,” Lesia mused, making me chuckle. “You’re really just one big teddy bear aren’t you?”

I rolled my eyes and snaked my hand around the shower curtain in order to flip her off.

“Oh come on. Admit it,” she teased. “You’re a big softie.”

I pulled a face at the wall and began to rinse off my body wash.

“So what else happened? You didn’t come home...so I’m guessing you went back to hers.”

I chuckled and nodded, thought Lesia couldn’t see me.

“I didn’t actually intend to stay, but Taylor had gotten a cab to the restaurant so I drove her home.”

“Thank you for tonight Matt,” Taylor commented once I’d pulled up into her driveway.

“Thank you for agreeing on this date,” I retorted, taking her hand in mine and pulling her a little closer so I could kiss her goodnight.

I felt Taylor’s lips curl in a smile before they relaxed as she kissed back. I rose a hand and cupped the side of her jaw as the kiss deepened slightly, our tongues reaching out for one another’s. I could feel heat prickle over my skin and I couldn’t stop myself from raising my other hand in order to hold the back of Taylor’s head, making sure she didn’t pull away any time soon.

Taylor moved as close to me as she could without having to climb over the gear stick between us and onto my lap, her hand slipping onto my leg and squeezing my thigh gently. We did eventually pull away, but only due to lack of oxygen more than anything else, the two of us breathing heavily as we stared at one another.

“Do you...” Taylor began before swallowing and trying again. “Would you like to come in?”

I smiled and nodded, leaning forward to kiss her once more before we both climbed out of the car.


“Oh ho! You did the dirty,” Lesia chuckled as she passed me a towel.

I rolled my eyes and took it from her, wrapping it around my waist before emerging from the shower.

“We didn’t do the dirty,” I told her. “We just fooled around a bit.”

Lesia deflated a bit. “Oh...well still, look at you going out on a date and enjoying yourself.”

I chuckled as I walked out of the bathroom, feeling Lesia follow me through to my bedroom.

“See you were all nervous for no reason.”

I shrugged and grabbed some boxers before pulling them on under my towel.

“I didn’t know that it would go well,” I pointed out. “Now, not to seem rude Lesia but I need some sleep.”

Lesia wiggled her eyebrows a bit and saluted.

“Aye, aye captain,” she giggled. “I bet you need all the sleep you can get.”

I narrowed my eyes playfully at her before throwing a cushion at her, expecting it to go through. But she surprised me and became solid so she could catch it before she threw it at my head. I grumbled, hearing her laughter even as she faded from view. I climbed into my bed and looked at the clock. It was about ten in the morning. I gave my sisters another three hours before they’d come and attack me for details.

Three hours to sleep. If they woke me up before those three hours were up, I was going to kill them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was being poked.

I knew it had to be one of my sisters so I swatted their hand away before turning onto my front and slowly drifting back to sleep again. That is until I got poked again, but on the other side of me. Which meant that they were both here.

“Let me fucking sleep,” I grumbled.

“No can do Mr Grumpy,” Sarah chuckled as she carried on poking me.

I cracked an eye open and sleepily glared at her, making her laugh a little harder and pat my cheek gently. She climbed off of my bed and walked over to my window, flinging the curtains open and making light stream into my room. I grumbled again and turned my head, smothering my face in the pillow until it was ripped from beneath me.

My face went down and hit my mattress but I didn’t linger on that. Instead I raised my head and glared at Lyndsey who was holding my pillow to her chest with an innocent look on her face.

“It wasn’t me,” she giggled before bringing the pillow down on my ass. “Now get up and give Sarah and I details about how amazing Taylor is and how you should listen to us more often.”

I groaned and dropped my head back down to my bed, hoping that if I ignored them then they’d leave. One of them tapped me on my shoulder so I turned my head to look at them, finding Sarah grinning at me.

“Just so you know. Lyndsey and I have the whole day free...so if you’re not down in five minutes then we’ll just keep bugging you.”

“Yup,” Lyndsey affirmed. “Our husbands are off doing man things, so we’re going to just piss you off every five minutes until you tell us what we want to know.”

“God I hate both of you,” I muttered and turned onto my back before sitting up, running a hand down my face as I tried to wake up more.

“No you don’t,” Sarah corrected me.

“Yeah, you could never hate us,” Lyndsey chuckled before they both left my bedroom.

I sat there for a few minutes contemplating this statement and just as I began to think that maybe they were right, and I couldn’t hate them, my name was screamed up my stairs and I was reminded just how annoying they could be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Because Taylor batted her eyelashes and made me a promise = )
Therefore, I updated for her.
Hope you all liked it =D
Comments might scare my cold away!!! x